Pet Peeves In Luminae and Elsewhere

Plato123

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2019 at 4:15 AM, Globehoppers said:

You can always ask them to leave the salt out of your dish.  We cruise with friends who do that all the time.

I believe I stated that above. The point I was making was why would you serve an EXCESS of a seasoning proven to cause cardiac, high blood pressure, and edema issues all seriously detrimental to ones health?

BTW on our cruise numerous complaints  of high salt were received by the Luminea maitre d'.

On 11/26/2019 at 2:26 PM, davekathy said:

If you're elite  you get 20% off any digital or print photo package. $100.00 off the standard photo packages. 

We paid $ 100 for all photo's digitally.  I think many people , including myself, have to deal with the fact they we are getting older and perhaps gaining weight and picture shows us the truth- hard to see it.  So many of us don't like pictures as we age-   We cannot deny what we see!  

It is just a nice memory IMO

Edited by Cruise a holic

17 hours ago, sonnycruises said:

I believe I stated that above. The point I was making was why would you serve an EXCESS of a seasoning proven to cause cardiac, high blood pressure, and edema issues all seriously detrimental to ones health?

BTW on our cruise numerous complaints  of high salt were received by the Luminea maitre d'.

Because salt makes food taste good.  The thought is that the focus should be on taste.  If other people want to sacrifice taste for other reasons then they can ask for it.

There is no proof salt is detrimental to those without salt sensitive hypertension or heart failure.  There is no evidence that salt is detrimental for people of normal health, in fact there is evidence it may be beneficial.  It doesn't cause heart and cardiovascular issues, but can exacerbate issues in people with certain cardiac pre-existing conditions.

• Like 3

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:34 PM, Cruise a holic said:

That is a rude remark.  Just say no thank you.  The photographer is just doing his/her job.  Ad sometimes the pictures are really very good- a nice memory if you want to purchase- If however, you are  married and sailing with somebody else's significant other- a bad idea to take a picture! lol.

That is so funny!  On my first cruise I was with three other women and we were seated with an older couple who were very sweet.   We all took pictures of each other and the man said if we gave him our address he would send the pictures he took with his camera to us.  We said sure and we would do the same for them.  We got a very emphatic "no" from them and found out later the man was on  "business" and the woman with him was not his wife!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, UnorigionalName said:

Because salt makes food taste good.  The thought is that the focus should be on taste.  If other people want to sacrifice taste for other reasons then they can ask for it.

There is no proof salt is detrimental to those without salt sensitive hypertension or heart failure.  There is no evidence that salt is detrimental for people of normal health, in fact there is evidence it may be beneficial.  It doesn't cause heart and cardiovascular issues, but can exacerbate issues in people with certain cardiac pre-existing conditions.

So true ...and 'salt' is my favorite food group.  😉 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2019 at 9:14 PM, Luvcrusn said:

I've just got to say I'm glad you've managed to bear up to this hardship. 

Most people won't mind the dress code stuff.  Tis why eventually, the Celebrity motto will be simple: "Celebrity Cruisers....we think we aren't Carnival, but we are". 

On 11/21/2019 at 9:35 AM, SeaPete said:

My pet peeve was when the Captain Club host asked us to move from our seats at the bar (15 minutes into happy hour)at the Sky Observation Lounge because we were sitting in the seats that zenith people usually sat at.  Silly me thought there was no saving seats, especially around a bar! 

So did you move?  

Similar incident on EDGE recently. 

Everyone got to Eden early for best seats to see the show,  Activity dir ( very pushy)  came by with 2  apoarently special suite people,  and literally obliged our group  to re arrange ourselves so the latecomers  could squeeze in...

I was at the ladies room and came back to find my dh seated behind  me rather than next to  me.. Had I been there it would not  have happened,  Worse was that the  squeezed in guests had super  self entitled airs about them as if this was okay! And the woman  reeked of cheap perfume!

In poor taste all around!

2 hours ago, JEDIKNIGHT said:

Most people won't mind the dress code stuff.  Tis why eventually, the Celebrity motto will be simple: "Celebrity Cruisers....we think we aren't Carnival, but we are". 

@JediKnight, I think that may be a case of comparing apples and kumquats. I've sailed both. Although there have been changes and downgrades throughout the cruise industry the two are far from the same....at least in my experience. YOMV

On 11/21/2019 at 10:01 AM, Brad1185 said:

I have to disagree with you about hats in the dining room. Let people come as they are. Can’t see why if someone wore a hat that it would bother anyone same with shorts. The more casual the better.  I am bothered when I see someone in a tux because it seems so pretentious.  

Basic well  established  etiquette...gentlemen remove hats indoors and esp in dining venues..unless religious reasons for head covering..male/ female.

Includes backwards baseball caps !

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/8/2019 at 3:13 PM, hcat said:

So did you move?  

Similar incident on EDGE recently. 

Everyone got to Eden early for best seats to see the show,  Activity dir ( very pushy)  came by with 2  apoarently special suite people,  and literally obliged our group  to re arrange ourselves so the latecomers  could squeeze in...

I was at the ladies room and came back to find my dh seated behind  me rather than next to  me.. Had I been there it would not  have happened,  Worse was that the  squeezed in guests had super  self entitled airs about them as if this was okay! And the woman  reeked of cheap perfume!

In poor taste all around!

Your experience does sound very similar...no we refused to move.  Never saw them again.  The bartenders gave us a thumbs up!

On 11/26/2019 at 12:49 PM, STIguy said:

You make a good point. 

Men can go shirtless on deck. I believe women should be afforded the same privilege. 

I tried that argument on my mother when I was 4

I didn't feel it was fair my brother was able to run around on a summer day shirtless & I wasn't...

She wasn't buying it 🙂