Name That Cruise Ship

kitty9

Just got an email from O talking about a contest to name the new cruise ship.  The only stipulation is that the name must end with the letter A.  I just went through a list of words ending in A, and there are some interesting, if not inappropriate, ideas.  The Disequilibrium, The Microbia,  The Psychodrama, The Abracadabra, The Anesthesia, The Kookaburra,  The Influenza.  

There are a few that might work like The Fantasia, The Camilla, The Magnolia. 

Any other ideas?  

12 minutes ago, kitty9 said:

Just got an email from O talking about a contest to name the new cruise ship.  The only stipulation is that the name must end with the letter A.  I just went through a list of words ending in A, and there are some interesting, if not inappropriate, ideas.  The Disequilibrium, The Microbia,  The Psychodrama, The Abracadabra, The Anesthesia, The Kookaburra,  The Influenza.  

There are a few that might work like The Fantasia, The Camilla, The Magnolia. 

Any other ideas?  

I've already submitted the winning name.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, susiesan said:

No way a company will choose the name of a new ship, a very expensive asset for the business, by a random drawing. They just say that as a marketing gimmick.

I would name it the "SUSIE" it would remind me of a lovely lady I once knew.

There's no way I'm going to print my winning name for someone else to steal it!

Random drawing?  That does sound crazy to me.  What if they draw the name "Rust Bucket"?  Perhaps they would then continue drawing until they came upon a name they liked ...

Mura

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Mura said:

There's no way I'm going to print my winning name for someone else to steal it!

Random drawing?  That does sound crazy to me.  What if they draw the name "Rust Bucket"?  Perhaps they would then continue drawing until they came upon a name they liked ...

Mura

I found this on item #8 of the drawing "rules":

GENERAL: Notwithstanding the vote results, Sponsor reserves the right to name the ship in any manner it chooses, in its sole discretion. Use of your Entry as the name of the ship will not entitle you to any prize or other compensation; the only prize-winners in this promotion are those selected by the random draw. 

So, Oceania can use my brilliant, fantastic, bodacious suggestion for the ship's name and I still might not win. :classic_ohmy: 

Edited by Rob the Cruiser

😊  I wasn't going by the first post here, I was going by the CC announcement ... so I didn't look further into the rules.

I know that a dear friend once won a price for creating a cruise itinerary ... I suspect he didn't have these extra rules in place!

I guess I won't bother ...

Mura