Online check-in/now what-Galveston

It has been years since I've cruised with RCCL.  So excited to be going again next week.  In the past, you would approach the desk, give them your passport, they would take a picture, get your credit card for on-board purchases, etc.  Then you get your key/card, take the welcome aboard picture and you get on the ship.  Now, with the new electronic on-line check-in, uploading my picture, my passport, etc. how does it all work?  I just would like to know what to expect.

You should fill out your SetSail information now. It will save you time at check in, it will ask for your passport and last 4 digits of your credit card along with other information. You can upload your own photo or they will take it at check in. 

If you haven't already, you can print out your luggage tags to affix to your luggage for drop off. Or you can have the porters write and attach luggage tags for you when you get to the pier.

The above steps completed pre-cruise will save you time when boarding. It depends on how eager and excited you are to board quickly with minimal delays. 

Edited by Coralc

22 hours ago, ShrinkinTexas said:

It has been years since I've cruised with RCCL.  So excited to be going again next week.  In the past, you would approach the desk, give them your passport, they would take a picture, get your credit card for on-board purchases, etc.  Then you get your key/card, take the welcome aboard picture and you get on the ship.  Now, with the new electronic on-line check-in, uploading my picture, my passport, etc. how does it all work?  I just would like to know what to expect.

That's how it worked when we boarded Liberty a couple weeks ago.  

If you are on Enchantment you now retrieve you’re seapass card on cabin door . And if Liberty doesn’t have program now it will shortly . 

Embarkation and disembarkation is a breeze. 

Edited by ssb

Since you don't get  your sea pass card on checkin, its also a time saver. You board with your set sail pass and retrieve your sea pass card from an envelope inside your room or on your door. Luggage tags are available at the pier.

Edited by smcroft

On 11/22/2019 at 1:19 AM, Coralc said:

You should fill out your SetSail information now. It will save you time at check in, it will ask for your passport and last 4 digits of your credit card along with other information. You can upload your own photo or they will take it at check in. 

If you haven't already, you can print out your luggage tags to affix to your luggage for drop off. Or you can have the porters write and attach luggage tags for you when you get to the pier.

The above steps completed pre-cruise will save you time when boarding. It depends on how eager and excited you are to board quickly with minimal delays. 

Most of the ships we sail lately are asking for full credit card information now. Probably because you dont register actual card in person anymore. 

That's probably a hint as to what kind of check in you will have.😉

4 minutes ago, bcaha said:

Thanks for asking, was wondering the same thing. Also, earliest arrival time option was listed as noon. We used to arrive earlier. Any idea if this new process changes that possibility? thanks

Suggested check-in times have not been enforced by RC at US ports.

• Like 1

I was on Liberty last week (11/17 - 11/24) and Liberty is still done the old fashion way for some reason.  No pre-pictures and cards issued at the check in desk. 
Enchantment has the new pre-check in style on their app. 

Edited by HicksRA