Diamond equivalent to Elite on Celebrity?

jerseygirl3

3 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

If one becomes Diamond on Royal Caribbean, are they recognized as Elite on Celebrity?

Yes - just let Celebrity know your Royal C&A  number

Edited by jpsykes

Those who've attained Diamond, Diamond Plus or Pinnacle level in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society are recognized as Elite members of Celebrity's Captain's Club on a reciprocal basis...  Similarly, those who've attained Elite, Elite Plus or Zenith level in Celebrity's Captain's Club are recognized as Diamond members of Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society on a reciprocal basis...

To my mind [some see it differently], the benefits associated with Elite membership in Captain's Club are roughly comparable to--but not the same as--those provided to Crown & Anchor Society Diamond members...  Please see the appropriate section of each line's website for details...  

1 hour ago, jerseygirl3 said:

If one becomes Diamond on Royal Caribbean, are they recognized as Elite on Celebrity?

Yes but points earned on X are not added to the RCI total (and vice versa).  So you are essentially Elite with zero points if you decide you like them and want to progress to Elite Plus.

Main differences is that there is no balcony discount but there is a one category free upgrade.

Drinks hour is only 5-7 instead of 5-8.30.  Plus points is that drinks are unlimited during these hours at any bar and not capped at 3 drinks like on RCI.

Wifi is 90 mins - you can log on/off in chunks to stretch it out!

4 minutes ago, little britain said:

Yes but points earned on X are not added to the RCI total (and vice versa).  So you are essentially Elite with zero points if you decide you like them and want to progress to Elite Plus.

Main differences is that there is no balcony discount but there is a one category free upgrade.

Drinks hour is only 5-7 instead of 5-8.30.  Plus points is that drinks are unlimited during these hours at any bar and not capped at 3 drinks like on RCI.

Actually, I think you have that drink limit incorrect.  RCL's drinks during the Happy Hour 5-8:30 are unlimited.  But I think Celebrity is only 3 drinks.

4 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Actually, I think you have that drink limit incorrect.  RCL's drinks during the Happy Hour 5-8:30 are unlimited.  But I think Celebrity is only 3 drinks.

Trust me - it changed a few months ago - back in May!  Now definitely unlimited at the bars (and in the lounge) during the HH!

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, little britain said:

Trust me - it changed a few months ago - back in May!  Now definitely unlimited at the bars (and in the lounge) during the HH!

Glad to hear it's unlimited, but so is Royal.  We just finished a Transatlantic on Brilliance of the Seas this week and their happy hour also offered unlimited drinks (from 5-8:30).  The Timeframe on Celebrity isn't the best, but is it available in the MDR as well?

38 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

No, little britain is correct. Celebrity changed that CC perk in February 2019 from three to unlimited. Celebrity's CC HH drinks loaded on your Sea Pass card are unlimited during the 5:00 PM to 7 :00 PM HH at most bars/lounges. Excluded is the WCB, room service and the mini bar in your stateroom.Unlike RC you can not order the CC HH drinks loaded on your Sea Pass card in any of the dining venues. No 24 hour dedicated lounge for elite and elite +. 

Edited by davekathy

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

No, little britain is correct. Celebrity changed that CC perk in February 2019 from three to unlimited. Celebrity's CC HH drinks loaded on your Sea Pass card are unlimited during the 5:00 PM to 7 :00 PM HH at most bars/lounges. Excluded is the WCB, room service and the mini bar in your stateroom.  Unlike RC you can  not use the CC HH drinks loaded on your Sea Pass card in any of the dining venues. 

Oh, that's a bummer that you can't use it in the dining rooms.  

Just now, jerseygirl3 said:

Is it not frowned upon to walk into the MDR with a drink?  

Absolutely not. Plus I wouldn't have suggested it if it was.  We use to carry our drinks in the MDR room but haven't for awhile as we always get the CBP as a bundled perk so we order our drinks while being seated. 

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Absolutely not. Plus I wouldn't have suggested it if it was.  We use to carry our drinks in the MDR room but haven't for awhile as we always get the CBP as a bundled perk so we order our drinks while being seated. 

Thanks!  That's makes it much more tolerable!!!LOL

2 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Glad to hear it's unlimited, but so is Royal.  We just finished a Transatlantic on Brilliance of the Seas this week and their happy hour also offered unlimited drinks (from 5-8:30).  The Timeframe on Celebrity isn't the best, but is it available in the MDR as well?

To clarify: both X and RCI allow unlimited drinks in the “lounge” during the hours.

RCI allow 3 drinks at most bars and in the MDR during the hours.

X allow unlimited drinks at most bars, but not in the MDR during the hours.

You win some you lose some 🤷‍♀️!

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 6:17 PM, little britain said:

RCI drinks are unlimited if taken in the Diamond Lounge.

You can then take your 3 drinks in the MDR. One of the waiters always came to us at 8.20pm to ask us if we wanted another drink before 8.30pm. This was on Explorer of the Seas in September.

As far as I know, you can’t take your 3 free drinks in the dining room on Celebrity, but as we haven’t sailed since 2018, this could have changed.

I certainly preferred the Wi-Fi allowance on Celebrity, because after all you cannot use it all 24 hrs on Royal, as you are asleep for part of that time.

On 11/22/2019 at 9:38 PM, little britain said:

X allow unlimited drinks at most bars, but not in the MDR during the hours.

You win some you lose some 🤷‍♀️!

Can you order an elite drink from the bar and take it into the MDR, or is that frowned on. Also is the Celebrity elite drink menu similar to RC? 

The Elite cocktail event is worth visiting as a pleasant venue as well as for free drinks. We enjoy it more than the Diamond one on RC which always seems crowded from start to finish.

Light little nibbles brought around suitable for pre dinner, good service and likeminded company. The lounge has lovely views and the Captain’s Club Host is on hand if you want to ask anything...

When you board you will have a letter listing Elite events. You don’t always get reminders so keep it to hand. There is usually a galley or theatre tour and a Helipad sailaway which are nice to do if you have not done them before.