Disembarkation Port Everglades

Cruisegirl6

We have had a notice in our cabin (Concierge) to say that for a fee of $25 per person we can have our luggage valeted to the airport on departure day.  This is for flights from 11.30am onwards.  I'm not sure if we will do this.  There is also a transfer service offered by Celebrity for $15.95 per person to Fort Lauderdale (also for flights after 11.30am).  I don't know the cost of taxi - is this an OK deal?  I presume by doing this they will ensure you are off in plenty of time to get the flight.

Are you sailing the 15th or returning the 15th?  There will be 7 ships in port on the 15th and 8 on the 22nd.....  This is going to be  a VERY busy port for debark. If you want a chance to make that flight you should definitely self debark and be one of the first off the ship.  Hopefully you have a passport and will be able to use the facial recognition.

Except for very unusual situations a cruise line airport transfer is almost always a bad idea. In Fort Lauderdale cost for two persons would be twice the price of an easily available taxi AND involves lots of waiting while the bus loads everyone's luggage. Take a taxi or an Uber and save money time and frustration.

I just got off the Reflection last Friday and there is as mentioned to the left outside terminal 25 a place for ride share Uber/lyft.  I just used the app and they were there in 8 minutes.  The longest part was them getting into the port thru the security.  Getting off the ship was a different problem but most likely caused by the day after thanksgiving and many of customs/government like having the day off.  Plus the reflection had a lot of international guests.  There were 3 lines formed, all international, that would have been a cpl hours of wait Im guessing, Canadian citizens, not as long but still process and US which they looked at my passport and that was it.  I was not in a rush since I had a 1230 flight and had to hang out at the airport for a while.  Definitely recommend Luggage Valet best 25 I spent.  didn't have to worry about any luggage, just my carry off back pack I had.  Otherwise is was so easy. 

1 hour ago, Scottygirl1 said:

We have had a notice in our cabin (Concierge) to say that for a fee of $25 per person we can have our luggage valeted to the airport on departure day.  This is for flights from 11.30am onwards.  I'm not sure if we will do this.  There is also a transfer service offered by Celebrity for $15.95 per person to Fort Lauderdale (also for flights after 11.30am).  I don't know the cost of taxi - is this an OK deal?  I presume by doing this they will ensure you are off in plenty of time to get the flight.

Do the Valet, you don't have to go find your luggage and drag it thru the terminal to outside and then the airport.  I was skeptical but wow did it make life easy last Friday for me.  Uber/lyft are very easy to use and much cheaper to get to the airport.  I think the uber xl (needed a bigger vehicle with 4 people and carry ons) was around 17 for the 4 of us.  Short quick ride to the airport. 

I would have loved to do the valet and not worry about luggage. Our flight was 11:25 and the cutoff was 11:30. They wouldn’t do it. We rented a limo, which actually turned out to be a Tahoe. It was $60 for the 2 of us total both ways. They were waiting for us both times with our name on a sign. It couldn’t have went faster and smoother. 

We are now considering just self disembarkation.  We don't have large bags and don't mind being at the airport earlier.  I also hate the whole night before leaving bags out - too hard to figure out what to pack or leave for the night!  Thanks for the help.

16 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Luggage valet is well worth it to us. A taxi to the airport was $20. I was surprised that the driver was not running the meter but I couldn't see it from where I was sitting. I think it was about $17 with tip last year.

Something to consider when using valet services...

Seems to be a bit of a responsibility gap between Celebrity and the valet services...

11 hours ago, gentle@spici said:

I would have loved to do the valet and not worry about luggage. Our flight was 11:25 and the cutoff was 11:30. They wouldn’t do it. We rented a limo, which actually turned out to be a Tahoe. It was $60 for the 2 of us total both ways. They were waiting for us both times with our name on a sign. It couldn’t have went faster and smoother. 

Darn!  This is not good news.  AA has changed our departure flight to 11:27 next month out of FLL.  I had a feeling this would be the case and Celebrity won't budge.....

1 hour ago, Mark_T said:

Something to consider when using valet services...

Seems to be a bit of a responsibility gap between Celebrity and the valet services...

I'm sure this will vary by location but I wonder if its possible to find stats of missing bags.  If it were me, before I'd consider valet again:

1.  Credit cards may have various delayed and/or lost baggage insurance, determine if you have that and go over the terms and conditions to ensure it covers cruise ships and port valet services (my credit card would only cover delayed baggage from airlines), and consider the cost of 3rd party insurance if the credit card doesn't cover it.  

2.  Take anything that irreplaceable such as souvenirs with you.  Consider port valet for all your parties check in size bags and consider carrying around backpacks or perhaps one smaller carry on with all the valuable items.

3.  Take pictures of your bag with the valet tags on and a clear picture of the valet tag.

Edited by NutsAboutGolf