Cyber Monday - Cruise Planner

simplygq

Most shore excursions are around 30% off today, for our cruise at least (Reflection in Feb 2020). But it doesn’t look like a sale unless you know what the prices were to begin with, because the original prices aren’t visible anywhere and the excursions aren’t marked as being on sale. We had written down our top choices and the prices they were on Saturday, so we can see that they’re substantially lower now—otherwise we wouldn’t be able to tell.

Dining packages aren’t on sale for our cruise—I don’t know if that’s true for all the cruises or not.

5 minutes ago, 4liberty said:

Most shore excursions are around 30% off today, for our cruise at least (Reflection in Feb 2020). But it doesn’t look like a sale unless you know what the prices were to begin with, because the original prices aren’t visible anywhere and the excursions aren’t marked as being on sale. We had written down our top choices and the prices they were on Saturday, so we can see that they’re substantially lower now—otherwise we wouldn’t be able to tell.

Dining packages aren’t on sale for our cruise—I don’t know if that’s true for all the cruises or not.

Same here for Infinity in July. 25% off excursions but nothing on dining. 

No sale banners. 

3 hours ago, 4liberty said:

Same here, I've been tracking the prices and I just saved 25 - 30% on all my excursions for an Oct. 2020 cruise.  The website kept kicking me out of the cruise planner page so I had to call in, almost no time on hold and the agent did a great job of making sure I got everything I need.

2 minutes ago, SunsetPoint said:

When an excursion is "in your cart," are those spots saved for you or might the excursion sell out and you'll be outta luck?

I am not sure if they are officially saved, but the agent I worked with made a point of checking that spaces were available one each one before she removed it from my cart.  She then added each one back at the lower price. 

We are on a March 2020 sail from Singapore to Rome B2B. We initially booked a Dead Sea excursion at a cost of $NZ210. The first sale reduced this to $NZ168 and today it dropped to $NZ152.  It definitely is worthwhile keeping an eye on the forums for specials that could otherwise be missed 30 bucks in my pocket is better than in Celebrity's.  Thank you

• Like 1

I took screen shots of 4 excursions for our next cruise on 1st August ‘20. Not one price had changed, so it makes me wonder if this was a US only sale. I was looking on the Celebrity.co.uk site.

Edited by upwarduk

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

I took screen shots of 4 excursions for our next cruise on 1st August ‘20. Not one price had changed, so it makes me wonder if this was a US only sale. I was looking on the Celebrity.co.uk site.

Hi UpwardUK, our cruise is next August and our excursions were reduced in price, the Pisa one reduced to £53 pp from £78 and Dubrovnik from £60 pp down to £42pp 

I'm not actually sure that this was a sale at all...

The prices of excursions seem to change frequently, I've cancelled and rebooked a few time in the period between final payment and now.

Made some large savings and nothing to do with any particular day like 'Cyber Monday'.

I booked all of my shore excursions today for my upcoming back-to-back Adriatic cruises.  Normally, I'd prefer to do mostly private tours, but I've got a ton of nonrefundable OBC, so why not?

When we looked a few days ago, the Naples shorex we wanted--Amalfi Shore by Motor Coach and Pompeii--was $160 pp...today it was $115.33 pp...Our Messina shorex-- "Small Group Lovely Taormina" that was listed last week at $110 pp was down to $77 per person today.  Most others were discounted as well...though a couple of them weren't (like Golden Island Krk")...

All in all, we saved $293 on eight excursions--Spent $1327 rather than $1621!  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Weenah said:

This doesn't appear to be the case on my May 2020 sailing.

These are not reductions due to a general sale, just the usual tactical price changes they use to drive additional sales where a cruise may be below their sales targets relative to the departure date.

These just come and go as needed. Check back frequently and you may see something for your cruise, or not... Just depends how the cruise is performing against budget.

It is helpful when they do put up discount markers, but never trust the percentages as the base prices move around a lot.

Looks like you are doing the same itinerary as our next cruise which starts this weekend.

We were cancelling and rebooking trips as the prices moved around right up until last week.

Saved a lot of money but most of it was on unadvertised changes.

I canceled and re booked 2 shore excursions on my Edge 2020 cruise but the 3rd one was no longer listed. I only booked 1 excursion on my Apex June 2020 cruise (doing all the rest private for my family of 6). It went from $229 pp to $160 pp so a substantial amount saved.