Bella Balcony

brandy3415

All I seem to read on this board is about Yacht Club.   I booked a Bella balcony--and here is why===

I believe that as a first time cruiser on MSC, regardless of the cabin class, MSC should give service to make me want to return.  And if I do, perhaps I will book Yacht Club, maybe not.  

Can anyone tell me more about Bella?  We have cruised for many, many years,  but this type of classifcation is mystifying to me.

Is the menu different?   Is it difficult to get cabin service?   Will my special needs requests be responded to, dietary and other issues?     We have a "pending" status match from RCI Diamond.  Are they stalling because of our booking?    i have already booked internet package and some wine for the cabin--we don't drink anything else warranting drink packages.  What else do I need to think about?

Someone out there must have sailed Bella--please educate me (more than the blurb on MSC site tells you!)

Thanks

10 minutes ago, brandy3415 said:

All I seem to read on this board is about Yacht Club.   I booked a Bella balcony--and here is why===

I believe that as a first time cruiser on MSC, regardless of the cabin class, MSC should give service to make me want to return.  And if I do, perhaps I will book Yacht Club, maybe not.  

Can anyone tell me more about Bella?  We have cruised for many, many years,  but this type of classifcation is mystifying to me.

Is the menu different?   Is it difficult to get cabin service?   Will my special needs requests be responded to, dietary and other issues?     We have a "pending" status match from RCI Diamond.  Are they stalling because of our booking?    i have already booked internet package and some wine for the cabin--we don't drink anything else warranting drink packages.  What else do I need to think about?

Someone out there must have sailed Bella--please educate me (more than the blurb on MSC site tells you!)

Thanks

Interesting comments about only reading about YC. Frankly, i seem to have tea more about the "regular" Experience than YC in most all post. 

Anyways - Bella is the your actual normal cruise Experience m it's similar to what you'd experience on other lines. MDR, buffet, cabin service twice a day, entertainment, pools, activities, etc all included, just like any other cruise on other lines. 

Of course your dietary needs would be handled professionally. 

Of course you'll receive the same service as any other Experience guest for special needs and such. 

MDR menus are the same for all Aurea, Fantastica or Aurea - and same MDR, although Aurea, with MyChoice dining, will have a separate area.

Bella does not include the room service delivery charge ($3.95 per order), does not include a drink package, has lowest priority for requested dining time (and only has set dining).  You can access anywhere on the ship except the YC areas, and the Aurea sundeck. 

Bella is your normal basic cruise Experience - no extras, no frills. Each step up adds some extra perks. Fantastica eliminates the room service delivery charge and also gets priority on dining choice 

Aurea adds MyChoice dining, thermal suite, two massages, robes and slippers, priority boarding, things like that.

Yacht Club is a separate section of the ship, their own lounge, Dining room, pool deck area, and extra amenities.  

No one will know your in Bella unless you tell them. Rooms are spread around the ship, although Bella tends to be in less desirable locations. The rooms themselves are essentially the same, whatever Experience. (Yacht Club has some larger better appointed suites obviously).  You eat in same dining room, patronize the same bars pools, go to same destinations, etc 

Think of the Experiences like airline seating - Bella would be economy, Fantastica Premium economy, aurea more skin to Business and YC to First. 

• Thanks 1

RP ... Aurea also has suites which are usually larger than the standard cabins.

For anyone with special diets they need to contact MSC or have their T.A do it for them in order to get the correct paperwork filled in for the chosen ship they are sailing on.

Some Bella cabins are in good areas depending on the class of ship.

OP,  I share your impression that many posters share their YC experience and a huge number of these make it sound like YC would be they only way they could bear to cruise with MSC.

Yet the vast majority of passengers (95% ?) is not in the top end suites but in normal cabins - just like on any other line.

If the small "perks" that differentiate the "experiences" are important is up to individual judgement. Otherwise, food, bars, pools, entertainment, service is all the same - just like it makes no difference if you have an inside, outsie or balcony regarding everything outside the cabin.

If you accept that you ate sailing an Italian ship you most probably will have a good time 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sidari said:

RP ... Aurea also has suites which are usually larger than the standard cabins.

For anyone with special diets they need to contact MSC or have their T.A do it for them in order to get the correct paperwork filled in for the chosen ship they are sailing on.

Some Bella cabins are in good areas depending on the class of ship.

Yea, well aware, as does Fantastica on some ships.  Hence my "essentially the same" , particularly as IP asked specifically about Bella Balcony - in the balcony rooms, they're basically the same whether Bella, Fantastica or Aurea.  Once you move to suites, whether Family Fantastica or Aurea suites, yes the room would be different.. though that was implied, but il endeavor to be clearer in the future. 

Thanks for the responses.  Yes, I already submitted special needs requests.   With dietary needs it is probably better to eat at a set time with same service staff every night. 

Glad I am not the only one who sees 'yacht Club' every other post. 

We enjoy breakfast in cabin on port days, but if it is only "conwe wqant wtintental' we can do without.  We can surely pay for room service if we want something.

We have sailed Costa so we get it.  Best to sail from US, though.

The "upsell" bid post we got from MSC was --for YACHT CLUB only!  Quite a  jump.  I have not place a bid and may or may not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Interesting comments about only reading about YC. Frankly, i seem to have tea more about the "regular" Experience than YC in most all post. 

Anyways - Bella is the your actual normal cruise Experience m it's similar to what you'd experience on other lines. MDR, buffet, cabin service twice a day, entertainment, pools, activities, etc all included, just like any other cruise on other lines. 

Of course your dietary needs would be handled professionally. 

Of course you'll receive the same service as any other Experience guest for special needs and such. 

MDR menus are the same for all Aurea, Fantastica or Aurea - and same MDR, although Aurea, with MyChoice dining, will have a separate area.

Bella does not include the room service delivery charge ($3.95 per order), does not include a drink package, has lowest priority for requested dining time (and only has set dining).  You can access anywhere on the ship except the YC areas, and the Aurea sundeck. 

Bella is your normal basic cruise Experience - no extras, no frills. Each step up adds some extra perks. Fantastica eliminates the room service delivery charge and also gets priority on dining choice 

Aurea adds MyChoice dining, thermal suite, two massages, robes and slippers, priority boarding, things like that.

Yacht Club is a separate section of the ship, their own lounge, Dining room, pool deck area, and extra amenities.  

No one will know your in Bella unless you tell them. Rooms are spread around the ship, although Bella tends to be in less desirable locations. The rooms themselves are essentially the same, whatever Experience. (Yacht Club has some larger better appointed suites obviously).  You eat in same dining room, patronize the same bars pools, go to same destinations, etc 

Think of the Experiences like airline seating - Bella would be economy, Fantastica Premium economy, aurea more skin to Business and YC to First. 

As it was stated above.i do bella.we don't drink.never on any Cruise have I ordered room service and my wife is too picky an eater for the dining room so we do the buffet.it works for me I don't care what other people think.i don't care about status.i have sailed seaside and have a repeat Cruise booked for next summer and have not done a status match as of yet.may do it before my cruise.bella balcony is what I chose because our 12 year old grandson will be with us otherwise inside work well for us.just my opinion for us I see no need for yacht club even though I've thought about it.

• Like 1

I agree that it seems most of the questions are about YC, as though they have to let everyone know they are in the YC.  But I find it the same on the boards for other lines...People seem to dig for questions to ask so they can show they are in a suite...EM

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brandy3415 said:

Thanks for the responses.  Yes, I already submitted special needs requests.   With dietary needs it is probably better to eat at a set time with same service staff every night. 

Glad I am not the only one who sees 'yacht Club' every other post. 

We enjoy breakfast in cabin on port days, but if it is only "conwe wqant wtintental' we can do without.  We can surely pay for room service if we want something.

We have sailed Costa so we get it.  Best to sail from US, though.

The "upsell" bid post we got from MSC was --for YACHT CLUB only!  Quite a  jump.  I have not place a bid and may or may not.

Yws, Bella is very basic continental breakfast at most included.  Anything else is a charge - on charge per entire order. Some food has a charge also, while others is "free" aside form delivery charge.  At least the charge is significantly less than Royal Caribbean's room service delivery fee!! $3.95 versus$7.95!! 

This is a fair topic to bring up. The other topics here do seem to be skewed towards YC. And it does seem that there’s a few posters that like to mention that they’re in YC or sail YC as much as they can. Which is fair enough if you’re proud of that, but still can muddy the water for people coming in here who aren’t doing YC.

• Like 2

Yeah, this "I can afford YC, nothing else matters. And yes, I am even paying hundreds of dolllars tips there" showing off is probably a very US thing that should not surprise on a US forum. 

@brandy3415Apart from the YC, MSC ships are mainly single class ships, don´t need to think about the difference between Bella and Fantastica. 

RP ... My post was an addition to yours and not a different post ... 😀 The post was just to add those cabins as an extension of your post.

In years gone by we have been in Bella, Fantastica and Aurea, YC so far has not appealed to us. We have also been in each cabin grade of Inside, Outside and Balcony, many when they were B1,2 and 3 prior to becoming experiences.

Some years ago it was suggested that cc add a separate link to the MSC boards for everything YC for the very same reason that the O.P and others over the years have pointed out.

Doing that would leave this board free for the other various posts, we have no desire yet to sail in the YC and I can see how it has become tedious for people to continually see the same questions being asked over and over but not just about YC.

CC it is beyond time that there was a seperate place for YC posts.

• Like 1

I had a bella balcony on the Meraviglia and loved it.  It was one of the corner ones, so the balcony was a bit bigger.  I loved it so much I came home and immediately booked another Bella on the ship for next year, with an even bigger balcony.

The ship goes to the same places and the food in the buffet/mdr is the same no matter where your cabin is.  And the staff speaks to you..lol.

We don't drink; we like buffets over mdrs and specialty restaurants; we can walk and talk so we don't need a someone to do it for us; we like mingling with the masses....so you'll never catch us in the YC (and yes, we can afford it).  For us, it would just be throwing out money.  I prefer coming home with a lot of nice souvenirs!

• Like 3

Obstruction also depends on the ship.  On Divina, it has to do with placement of the lifeboats.  They may obstruct your view when sitting, but they are not as close to your balcony as on some other cruise lines.

enhance

enhance

enhance

It can also be that the balcony has a steel wall rather than plexiglas.

enhance

EM

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2019 at 3:22 PM, reedprincess said:

In some ships, the YC has a separate dining, lounge and pool areas. IMO, the people travelling YC tend to also travel with premium lines (Azamara, Oceanic, Seabourne etc).

For the extra amount that you pay as a YC passenger, there is very-inclusive experience, and priority boarding in ports. That's worth something on a 4k passenger vessel at peak hours.

For me, the main advantage of MSC YC is that you sail in a very large vessel with its comfort and entertainment options. 

BTW, the YC inside cabin (Seaview) has a bathroom twice as large as the standard suite/balcony bathrooms.

I appreciate your telling me about YC.  I have read a lot about the ship, the cruise line in general so  I somewhat know what to expect.  

As I stated in my first post, as a first time MSC cruiser, we want a typical experience and want to know how Meraviglia treats "regular" passengers.  We have sailed in suites on other cruise lines and enjoy that experience, bu;t we had a history with both lines before we did the suite. 

We would never travel in an interior suite, either.  For us, a beautiful view is part of the package

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, brandy3415 said:

I appreciate your telling me about YC.  I have read a lot about the ship, the cruise line in general so  I somewhat know what to expect.  

As I stated in my first post, as a first time MSC cruiser, we want a typical experience and want to know how Meraviglia treats "regular" passengers.  We have sailed in suites on other cruise lines and enjoy that experience, bu;t we had a history with both lines before we did the suite. 

We would never travel in an interior suite, either.  For us, a beautiful view is part of the package

Nice strategy, I almost booked my first MSC trip (upcoming this Summer) in YC,  but ended up inviting my family, and with three kids 10 or below, I just ended up booking two Fantastica balconies to share us across. I also think it's great to see how I feel about the ship and line in general first before I attack YC. 

And in the mean time I have decided on a Suite on an RCI TA in 2021 also. As I have already cruised RCI and thought I would at least make more plans with them. Could be the last one though if Meraviglia wins me over next year.

10 hours ago, brandy3415 said:

I was replying to reedprincess. I hope that you enjoy your cruise.

On 12/8/2019 at 8:17 AM, JP82 said:

This is a fair topic to bring up. The other topics here do seem to be skewed towards YC. And it does seem that there’s a few posters that like to mention that they’re in YC or sail YC as much as they can. Which is fair enough if you’re proud of that, but still can muddy the water for people coming in here who aren’t doing YC.

Same with the pinnacles and there pins on the RCCL boards

• Like 1