Drink package upgrade

zaphenomenalone

The wife ended up telling me to just upgrade. Her point was that it's our first cruise and we don't want to worry about what we can and can't have. And this will let us know if we want it in the future. Thank all of you for your replies. We are very much looking forward to put cruise. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Guindalf said:

Well good for you! It's not supposed to be included (and it's not fresh as all the juicing machines were removed for hygiene reasons some time ago!).

The OJ in question has always been available on the Classic BP. 

Just arrived home on the weekend and found the classic package was fine for us. Coffees from Cafe Bacio were included. I was happy with the cocktails and my husband paid the difference for  premium wines if he wanted a nicer drop. We weren’t in a budget, but it worked out much cheaper than an upgrade. This was a port intensive cruise. 

Being able to just pay the difference between an CBP drink and PBP drink is a plus for Celebrity. We had the basic BP on our last HAL cruise in July and for any drink or wine above the $11 cap we had to pay the whole price plus tip. This past summer HAL raised the BP drink cap from $9 to $11 and then raised all of their drink prices and wine by the glass by the same amounts. This was such a rip off by HAL.

Another question, do both people in a cabin have to upgrade to PBP or can just one of us do it?

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Another question, do both people in a cabin have to upgrade to PBP or can just one of us do it?

I upgraded on the site. It gave me the option to pick which guest I want to upgrade so it looks like we can do it just for the individual guest. 

On 12/9/2019 at 1:31 PM, oceancrusin said:

I just came back from an Equinox sailing in November. We only had the Classic beverage package and coffees\teas are included in the package. The only ones that would not be included are those with a shot of alcohol in them.

I was on Equinox in November and had no problem getting the specialty alcoholic coffees (for $9 or less) on the classic package. My favorite discovery was the Café Aspen, which is Bailey’s, Kaluha, and Frangelico, and was priced at $8. (Vs. Bailey’s in the MDR at $10, go figure!).

I’ve always been a big fan of coffee & Bailey’s, but this was another level! 🤣

So of course I came home and spent >$100 on a bottle of each at my corner liquor store!

On 12/9/2019 at 2:36 PM, XuGator said:

The non alcoholic advantages are also significant in the premium package. The classic package only provides generic bottled water where premium offers dasani, evian etc. The premium also offers vitamin water and red bull if either of those interest you. We always upgrade to premium for the water alone.  The high end liquors and martinis are a bonus. As fas as price - it shouldn't be any different before you board unless they are running some type of sale. We always upgrade once on the ship.

I cant believe Dasani is considered premium lol. It had to be withdrawn from the U.K. when it was discovered it was tap water with chemicals added. 

39 minutes ago, Highpeaklad said:

I cant believe Dasani is considered premium lol. It had to be withdrawn from the U.K. when it was discovered it was tap water with chemicals added. 

Hmm, I've never seen Dasani on any of the Celebrity cruises I've done.  It's always been Evian for the non fizzy premium water (my wife hates Evian so she drinks the generic water offered in the classic package).

2 hours ago, gordiej said:

I was on Equinox in November and had no problem getting the specialty alcoholic coffees (for $9 or less) on the classic package. My favorite discovery was the Café Aspen, which is Bailey’s, Kaluha, and Frangelico, and was priced at $8. (Vs. Bailey’s in the MDR at $10, go figure!).

I’ve always been a big fan of coffee & Bailey’s, but this was another level! 🤣

So of course I came home and spent >$100 on a bottle of each at my corner liquor store!

I did not know that!

With that I say, I know what I'm getting on my next cruise come April!

Thanks for the info @gordiej

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Highpeaklad said:

Just my opinion, but I don't think any water should be 'premium'. Water is water, and paying for water is crazy. Again, in my opinion.

13 hours ago, oceancrusin said:

Just my opinion, but I don't think any water should be 'premium'. Water is water, and paying for water is crazy. Again, in my opinion.

Ha I think Dasani was a typo on my part. Its almost always Evian

On 12/9/2019 at 8:52 AM, zaphenomenalone said:

Hello. The wife and I  are going on our first cruise on our first cruise on the celebrity infinity on January 4th. We got a free "classic alcohol drink package" with our cruise. It's a five night cruise and I've been thinking about if it would be worth it to upgrade to the premium. The premium would be a total of $120 to upgrade and many of the sites I've looked at have said the classic is limiting but really haven't given any examples. I was hoping I could get some first hand advice on if the package we have is fine or if our option will be really limited by not going premium. Thank you for any advise. 

I dont care for the wines on the CP. I also like martinis with top shelf alcohol and I loved the Aperol spritzer on the Equinox which is part of the PBP.