Why is NCL online check in such a pain !!!???

Hawkley

As the title says.. why is NCL online check in such a pain !! 

It really is .. it doesn't like my address. It doesn't like my phone number. It doesn't like my flight details.. in fact i took those off eventually in sheer frustration ( and i think they only want them to upsell me a transfer anyway ! )

It never used to be this way when we showed up at the pier with our passports - this is not progress !!!!

It happens to me sometimes. When I am in entering each passengers address and contact numbers and finish, when I click save it goes back and changes everyone's info to the one I entered. I had to call NCL and they were able to go in and fix it.

• Like 1

I had a problem, and it wasn't my browser. It kept erasing my phone number every time I entered it and told me that my contact info wasn't complete, yet it gave me no error message. Finally, I decided to try putting a 1 in front of my phone number and it took it. If it wanted that, I wish it would have said that or given an example.

I had issues with it today for a cruise next month.  I did an initial pass at entering the details a week or 2 ago.  I initially was going to just have my mother's on-board charges go to my credit card.  So I set it up that way 2 weeks ago.  Now she is insisting on paying her own way for everything, so I wanted to edit the checkin so that her profile was set up with her credit card.  Turns out, it won't let me disable her using my card. The checkbox is not editable to turn it "off".   Frustrating.  I'll have to call to get this done, I suppose.  

17 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

I had issues with it today for a cruise next month.  I did an initial pass at entering the details a week or 2 ago.  I initially was going to just have my mother's on-board charges go to my credit card.  So I set it up that way 2 weeks ago.  Now she is insisting on paying her own way for everything, so I wanted to edit the checkin so that her profile was set up with her credit card.  Turns out, it won't let me disable her using my card. The checkbox is not editable to turn it "off".   Frustrating.  I'll have to call to get this done, I suppose.  

You shouldn't have a problem giving different credit information on embarkation day.   You will see a number of people at the Finance desk on board making different credit arrangements.

I do not enter a credit card during on-line check in and the system does not have a problem with that.  Just select 'cash' and go on.   Then at embarkation I give them a credit card to use for the cruise.  

• Like 1

We had problems yesterday (we use Chrome).  DH is the main traveler; I am the secondary.   They got my Latitudes status very wrong (said I was a new guest).  We had to call.  They fixed it, but then all other information about me was gone.  DH re-entered everything.  Then he had to go back to something to fix it, and all my information disappeared again.  We finally got it done.  

I find that it is a frustrating process.  Perhaps it prefers US addresses and phone numbers.    I am used to entering data on a computer but I still find there are things it does not like. 

It actually does not even point out errors either.  On my last but one cruise I had entered all of the passport details and they were accepted.  It was only when I happened to be browsing the small print (for no reason other than I was putting off a big assignment that needed starting) and realized that the 3 months I had left on our passports would not be accepted at the pier.  I had a frantic 2 weeks to sort it.   I was annoyed.  All of these fancy details, surely a computer algorithm could have linked the sail date with the passport date.   

I don’t know why but I thought that as long as I had 3 months and was not leaving Europe I would be OK.  I won’t make that mistake again!!