Stanley Turndown Service quick review

itf

I’m posting this as when I searched nobody had commented on this service yet. So here’s something for the next person who searches. We’re on the Sky (no complaints at all) but we did pre pay for this service for my daughter.

It could be good but it was a bit of a bust for us. We got back to our cabin to put my daughter to bed to find it hadn’t happened. This despite it showing on our shipboard account for that day. This meant we had to call guest services. 

Someone came up but by this point it was my daughter’s bedtime and the “magic” of the bear footprints (she’s three) was somewhat undermined by her watching them get stuck down!

The little note that comes with Stanley talks about the book that comes with the package. Except there were no books on board so she got given an inflatable ship. Nor did they think they’d have the book on our second half of this B2B.

So - nice idea, let down by poor execution and planning. Just not a joined up experience at all. Stanley is a big full sized bear and the jelly bears are a substantial packet of Haribo. 

1 minute ago, mickeyhg said:

Thanks for the information. Sorry it didn't work out for your daughter.  I booked it for my four year old grandson on the Sky Princess in January. Hopefully it works out okay.

I would check in with guest services on the day. It seems it’s fulfilled by the gift shop then passed to housekeeping who then pass to the steward. Our steward had no idea about it. 

4 minutes ago, itf said:

I would check in with guest services on the day. It seems it’s fulfilled by the gift shop then passed to housekeeping who then pass to the steward. Our steward had no idea about it. 

Thank you I will.

21 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You deserve a full refund for this poor execution of a "surprise".  3 or 13...

And I am not one that chases after refund.  Princess did not deliver the book nor the prepared room.

I agree! what a wonderful idea but what you ended up getting was almost worthless.

Sorry to hear this - that's disappointing. We had a similar experience with "Breakfast With Stanley". We pre-booked it online and had the specific date/time. However, once on the ship, we were told it was on a different day. The day before we were informed that it was cancelled due to low sign ups. We were on a B2B so asked to book for the following week. Once again, the night before we got a message saying it was cancelled. Kids were sad!

On 12/9/2019 at 5:41 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

You deserve a full refund for this poor execution of a "surprise".  3 or 13...

And I am not one that chases after refund.  Princess did not deliver the book nor the prepared room.

I agree