WIFI - is it discounted once on board?

Team Alpha

Howdy Celebrity cruisers

we’re shortly on a 14 day cruise from Singapore and the WIFI prices are exorbitant but I do need it for my business. Now I know they discount specialty restaurants on board but can I get a better deal on WIFI once on board? 

Cheers

Rob

Edited by Team Alpha

5 hours ago, GerScot said:

Unlikely however you can buy it during the cruise for however many remaining days you have.

I was wondering about this very thing. I have a 5 night cruise booked in January and the first port is Key West. I wasn't to worried about internet/email after that since I am on "vacation". That is until I came into work today and found out I will need to be available for tech support by email and phone the days of my vacation. Grrr.

3 minutes ago, Wildcatllamas said:

I was wondering about this very thing. I have a 5 night cruise booked in January and the first port is Key West. I wasn't to worried about internet/email after that since I am on "vacation". That is until I came into work today and found out I will need to be available for tech support by email and phone the days of my vacation. Grrr.

Tell your job to pay for it?  Seems only fair.

26 minutes ago, Wildcatllamas said:

Well then, it's not really a vacation is it,  you should be credited back the days you are expected to be "available"....good luck.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've never seen them discount the internet packages aboard.   I have however gotten discounts pre-sail by purchasing in advance.  Once on board the only discounts I have seen is on longer cruises they sometimes have a 50% off sail at the midpoint of the cruise.  

Good idea to check your discount level in Captain's Club -  Elite+ get 35% discount

If you don't need to send large files you might be able to survive with the lower speed internet packages.

On a couple of sailings we've been on, the Summit and Eclipse - they have had an impromptu auction on the first night near the retail shops. Both times they have offered the unlimited internet package for the duration of the cruise and the winning bidder always gets it for less than the retail rate. I don't think there is any way to bank on this actually happening though. It seems random