From UK but want access US site

Nextholiday?

6 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I wonder if NCL wants you to use UK site if you live there?

I feel they have sites for a reason but each site should have same rules at least.

"Should have the same rules", they don't have the same rules b/c the UK govn't have set protections for UK cruisers/vacationers.  Not up to NCL to bypass those rules. 

OP, I'm in Canada and can only access the US site by using a VPN (virtual private network).  A good one will allow you to specify the country of choice. 

Good luck. 

3 minutes ago, shof515 said:

you might need to use a vpn server that has a US server and then go to the ncl website once the vpn tunnel is connected

I once managed to do this, it is a bit too much like hard work for me though.  I think at the time I managed to book directly from NCL (is it in Florida?) and after final payment I did get a free upgrade (only from a balcony to a mini suite which to be honest I think is hardly an upgrade) after the price went down.  That was before the bidding process.  

I once tried to book via a US travel agent because the price seemed so much more competitive.  I was upfront where I lived.   We went backwards and forwards and agreed the price and dates, then at the final hour the agent said it couldn’t be done.  

If you are booking from UK it is hard to avoid booking via UK terms and conditions which are different to US and offer different consumer protections.  This has been discussed before, but I cannot recall when and would not be able to direct you to the thread.  Your IP address gives away where you live and so you get redirected to the UK site.  

4 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

"Should have the same rules", they don't have the same rules b/c the UK govn't have set protections for UK cruisers/vacationers.  Not up to NCL to bypass those rules. 

OP, I'm in Canada and can only access the US site by using a VPN (virtual private network).  A good one will allow you to specify the country of choice. 

Good luck. 

Even though I tried to bypass the rules, I did wonder what would have happened if I had tried to board and been exposed. 

As the UK has different booking rules it makes sense that you would book through a UK site.  As the consumer protections in UK are stronger than the US, I can’t see why NCL would have you able to book the US and get the UK protections,,,, then again book in the US and try to enforce the UK protections.  

I am from the U.K. and have booked a past NCL cruise from the USA site, whilst being in the U.K.. 

This is because it was a far better deal on the US site than what the U.K. site offered.

My sister was on holiday in Florida at the time and she emailed me to tell me of the offer she had found whilst in the states. I looked on U.K. and it wasn’t available.

I used a VPN and got the deal, no trouble and managed to get the 3/4 passengers free and the drinks package - where as U.K. only offered one.

I also had a cruise next voucher to use which was in GBP - this was harder to use as I had to phone ncl uk, who said I would have to call US office to get this applied - they also had to convert it back to $

They did do this, but it took a while and the rule was different on this one - at the time U.K. would let me use 2 vouchers, where as US would only allow one. You can’t win them all - but I think this may have changed now.

With the £ being a little weaker than it was when I did this (pre Brexit vote), the saving may not be as good, but suppose it’s still worth checking.

• Like 1

I downloaded Hola its a free app - though it is hit and miss to whether it works - but its enough for me to check the US prices - I then asked for a Cruise consultant to phone me at home which they need from Miami.   I always book through a US tour agent - its cheaper, you get the price drops if you notice them but its a risk as you don't have the protection but if you pay on your credit card you should be covered.

• Like 1