Changing to NRD

Ms Jo UK

8 minutes ago, Ms Jo UK said:

If you book a cruise Refundable for 2022 and then want to change to NRD at a later time is it possible to change?

I'm not sure about the UK but in the US it should be possible to change, however it is done at the prevailing rates at the time of the change.

2 hours ago, Ms Jo UK said:

If you book a cruise Refundable for 2022 and then want to change to NRD at a later time is it possible to change?

I assume you are planning to book a Celebrity cruise via the US as the deposit options do not exist in the UK. 

I would suggest that this strategy to book a RD then change later to NRD would be speculating on the price of the cruise falling. If the cruise price rises which is most likely then you lose, as your option will be too cancel and rebook at the prevailing rate.  That's the dilemma you face, NRD and good cancellation insurance I believe to be the better option.

I recently changed a U.S. Refundable Deposit to an Non-Refundable without a problem.   I simply called my agent and had her do it.   In my case I transferred a booking from on board to a cruise in 100 days.    I later saw a good non-refundable with perks so asked if I were too late to change it to a Non-Refundable and she said no problem.   Since we are really close to final payment date it was really a no-brainer.     A couple days later the price dropped and just out of curiosity I asked my agent if she could get a price adjustment and again it was granted.

For me it was a no-brainier as I was booking a middle cruise of a B2B2B.   I already have air booked, the 1st was past final payment and I had booked the 3rd as a Non-Refundable.   The savings was substantial  at $1,642 and came with a 3rd perk.

image.png.2acf02382011e1116fc6311464e1585d.png

During the Black Friday promotion in November 2019, which occurred about 2 weeks before our final payment due date, we switched from a refundable deposit to a NRD. This resulted in significant savings on the fare as well as benefitting from a perk upgrade ( all four perks were granted). 

It really worked well for us.