Curious? Why so many Aqua class left?

son3cruisers

First time Celebrity cruisers. We will be sailing on the Summit this March.

We are about 70 days out from sailing.

There are over 30 aqua class staterooms left on deck 9.

Almost all other stateroom categories are sold on other decks.A few balconies are left , a few ocean view and some insides on deck 3.

But deck 9 is almost half empty, with so many aqua class rooms available.

What am I missing? Is it just because of location? Under the pool on deck 10? Is it really that bad? 

I am hoping to have an opportunity to bid on an upgrade and was thinking an Aqua cabin would be great to try to bid on, as I’ve read so much on here about the special dinning room, and great accommodations. But surprised to see so many left.

Would love to hear your thoughts. We cruise for the itineraries, are always off the ship when in port and are usually up pretty late . (Thinking the pool is closed so there shouldn’t be much noise at night)

Thoughts? 

4 minutes ago, son3cruisers said:

First time Celebrity cruisers. We will be sailing on the Summit this March.

We are about 70 days out from sailing.

There are over 30 aqua class staterooms left on deck 9.

Almost all other stateroom categories are sold on other decks.A few balconies are left , a few ocean view and some insides on deck 3.

But deck 9 is almost half empty, with so many aqua class rooms available.

What am I missing? Is it just because of location? Under the pool on deck 10? Is it really that bad? 

I am hoping to have an opportunity to bid on an upgrade and was thinking an Aqua cabin would be great to try to bid on, as I’ve read so much on here about the special dinning room, and great accommodations. But surprised to see so many left.

Would love to hear your thoughts. We cruise for the itineraries, are always off the ship when in port and are usually up pretty late . (Thinking the pool is closed so there shouldn’t be much noise at night)

Thoughts? 

The staff does get up early to clean and you may hear the moving of chairs above you.  Much depends on whether you are a light sleeper or not. You may hear sound from parties above on certain nights.    We avoid those locations.

• Like 1

Another unattractive feature (to many of us, anyway) is the large overhang blocking the sky, particularly on the M class ships.

While my sun worshipping days are behind me, I do like plenty of light in the cabin, and the ability to see the night sky from my balcony, should I so choose. 

Both are greatly reduced in the cabins on that deck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Another unattractive feature (to many of us, anyway) is the large overhang blocking the sky, particularly on the M class ships.

While my sun worshipping days are behind me, I do like plenty of light in the cabin, and the ability to see the night sky from my balcony, should I so choose. 

Both are greatly reduced in the cabins on that deck

Interesting... ok so not listed as obstructed view. Just a deep overhang above? Ok makes sense. 

We were on the Summit three weeks ago in a midship aqua and never heard any noise from the pool area above.  We also like the big overhang so that our balcony is always shaded and stays dry when it rains.  Could be the price that’s keeping people from booking.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Boatsafloat2 said:

We were on the Summit three weeks ago in a midship aqua and never heard any noise from the pool area above.  We also like the big overhang so that our balcony is always shaded and stays dry when it rains.  Could be the price that’s keeping people from booking.

Well, all the Suites are gone. Concierge as well. But yes, March is pricey for a lot of the cabins. 

1 hour ago, Boatsafloat2 said:

We're on Summit in Feb   9084-9086-9088.   Did you happen to be in that area?    We were on and RCL ship last July with an overhang and loved it.  Also happened to be right under the self serve ice cream machine.    Lots of traffic overhead but never a real distraction.

Our group sailed in 9125-9131 on Summit and they were great cabins.  They are under the seating area just as you enter the buffet area. No one had noise issues. We were aware of the overhang and would not in any way call it obstructed view. For our southern Caribbean sailing we welcomed the shade. A few years earlier we had also sailed Summit on 11 in 1105 and 1107 and did not like the NO overhang. We had to keep the heavy drapery closed or the room heated up and EVERY day there was water on the balcony as you stepped out the door. 

As part of the Captain's club, you can have the free upgrade to next category A1...so for us, on the Constellation we were offered Deck 11, which took as we prefer sun over complete shade

Edited by rachiem

1 hour ago, BigAl94 said:

Always remember that Aqua Class is a clever marketing tool with the incentive of Blu to sell staterooms that would otherwise be less desirable.

Agree 100%, without Blu those cabins would always be some of the last to go because of the poor location.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

What is the extra cost of booking aqua?

Depends upon the cruise, the length of the cruise, and when you book that cruise.  You can go to the Celebrity site and compare yourself for any cruises that interest you.  I've seen it as low as $200 and as high as $800 per person difference on a one week cruise.  Heck, I've seen it lower than concierge at times, but I can't remember the specifics of the cruise.  Supply & demand and all that...

Edited by SunsetPoint