Best hotel pool

Suzanne123

4 hours ago, Travelexpert35 said:

We’ve stayed at the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas Blvd. They have a beautiful heated pool and you can watch the boats go by. Lovely area. Lots of restaurants outside your door.

Be sure to request a room on the new side, the older rooms are meh.

We ate at Margaritaville in Hollywood and can confirm the nicest pool I have seen in the area. It rivals Vegas pools. But one ups Vegas as it is on the beach also.  But I have a feeling it would cost you.

7 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

Either Margaritaville or The Diplomat...

As always Blue Heron is on target.   We stayed at the Diplomat a few times several years ago when the economy had tanked and we could get a good rate on Priceline.  Now I am afraid that it is above my pay grade.😉

Edited by tip

Margaritaville does look great, but for three nights a little pricey for me.  We decided on the Riverside.  Even there, the tower rooms are not cheap, but I’ve stayed a few times and never had a problem.  I can’t remember the pool situation (I think it’s behind the hotel?) but the location will be fine for restaurants and shopping.  
I was at ES last spring, but it was so crowded and outdated.  I probably won’t return unless it’s just a quick one night before the cruise and using points.

Thanks all.

3 hours ago, Suzanne123 said:

Margaritaville does look great, but for three nights a little pricey for me.  We decided on the Riverside.  Even there, the tower rooms are not cheap, but I’ve stayed a few times and never had a problem.  I can’t remember the pool situation (I think it’s behind the hotel?) but the location will be fine for restaurants and shopping.  
I was at ES last spring, but it was so crowded and outdated.  I probably won’t return unless it’s just a quick one night before the cruise and using points.

Thanks all.

The heated pool is nice! Across the street next to the canal!

Riverside-Hotel-Pool.jpg

10 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

And a Flowrider is included.

Flowrider is extra charge.  But I did get to thinking, the best pool, by far, and it's not even close, is the new Hard Rock Guitar Hotel.

On 1/2/2020 at 5:22 PM, SteerageJoe said:

The heated pool is nice! Across the street next to the canal!

Riverside-Hotel-Pool.jpg

Steerage, that isn't a canal but The New River which is the main body of water through Fort Lauderdale that isn't the Intracoastal Waterway.  The big boatyards are to the west at Marina Mile and this is the way the mega yachts get back there.  It's a pretty spectacular boat ride to take the New River all the way around the airport and port passing through Marina Mile.

I love the Riverside Hotel pool!  We just got a gym membership there and have full pool access.

We’ve booked Riverside as a day use post cruise before an evening flight.  Thanks for confirming my choice.  I thought the pool looked nice with opportunity for shade. I’m sure they give us an older room but since we’re not sleeping there it won’t be an issue.  If we like it we might use Riverside on another pre cruise stay.  

We usually use the Hilton brand but they are all looking a bit tired in Fort Lauderdale or have resort fees. I love a good pool area.  We did use Double tree in Hollywood last cruise and the pool was actually very nice.  Good food and drink service that was hotel reasonable.  Just a bit out of the way and a higher cab fare to and from Ft. Lauderdale We could walk to Walmart for last minute needs. Minimal good restaurants in the area. We did get a free ride service to the Hollywood beach area for food, concert and beach though.  We rode bikes on the boardwalk and had a great day.