B2B...do we need to go to both Life Boat Drills?

Nashna

Yippie!  That makes my day.  I wish the cruise lines would come up with a better way to conduct these drills that would still get the approval from the Coast Guard.  We typically follow the instructions and end up waiting around for the stragglers to show up.  

22 minutes ago, Nashna said:

We are sailing on the Divina in a B2B in two different room categories.  Do we need to go to the Life Boat Drill on the second sailing?

On the Divina last year we DID have to go to both life boat drills since we were in different cabins.  This past week on the Seaside since we were in the same cabin for 3 weeks, we only had to go once.

Oh No!  I was afraid of that.  We are in Aurea Class for five nights and then moving over to the Yacht Club for 11 nights.  I'll bet we could have gotten away with not going to the second one if both sailings were in the YC.  I guess I'll just wait and find out when we sail in a few weeks.  

Xmas 2018 we had an Aurea balcony, we moved to a Fantastica balcony for the new year sailing, spoke to Guest services and only had to attend the drill for the Xmas sailing.

Edited by sidari

There are Cruiselines like Royal Caribbean whose ships  are only bookable as 7 day cruises;  and if you wish to stay back to back, then you have to attend each muster every 7 days as they are separate cruises.

Some cruises lines like MSC and Princess  have cruises that are  bookable as 14 day cruises but, also, offer  the same sailings as 2 different cruises.  Booked as a 14 day cruise you only attend the first muster drill; if you  have booked   the 2 separate ones you still do not need  to attend the second week.          Crazy, huh!

Edited by gadaboutgal

On a Seaside B2B all in YC we had to go to both muster drills because we booked as two separate cruises.  On Divina we had to go to both muster drills because we booked as two separate cruises and also because we changed cabins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gadaboutgal said:

Some cruises lines like MSC and Princess  have cruises that are  bookable as 14 day cruises but, also, offer  the same sailings as 2 different cruises.  Booked as a 14 day cruise you only attend the first muster drill; if you  have booked   the 2 separate ones you still do not need  to attend the second week.         

That hasn't been my experience on a number of Princess B2B cruises (some booked as true B2B others as a long single cruise).  We've never had to go to the second muster drill but all have been in the same cabin or, if a different cabin, had the same muster station.  Now if the second cabin had a different muster station maybe they require it -- and that would make perfect sense to me.

16 hours ago, Nashna said:

We are sailing on the Divina in a B2B in two different room categories.  Do we need to go to the Life Boat Drill on the second sailing?

I think this is itinerary dependent... as the Med and how MSC does their sailings vs closed loop out of Miami...

We did B2B in the carib in Sept on another line and the ship had to be "zero'd out" -- so the group doing B2B had to go with security off the ship... then come back on with a new sail card. We all got a transit pass to do it...and we had to be cleared by immigration. 

We all had to go to muster drill as required by law/coast guard etc for the second sailing...

We are B2B shortly and I expect we will have to go to both drills on embarkation (closed loop from Miami)