Feeding Tube question

I need a vaca

34 minutes ago, I need a vaca said:

I currently have a feeding tube and need to bring canned formula for my meals. 

Has anyone had any issue with bringing canned liquid formula on board?  

I would contact the special needs department to have them flag your account.  You certainly want to make sure you have what you need to be allowed to board with your food.  I wouldn't rely on advice from a forum board for this issue.

• Like 4

Contact the Special Needs Department prior to cruising and get written confirmation they have acknowledged the medical need for your liquid nutritional requirements.     Based on personal experience of a family member requiring the same as yourself, you shouldn't have an issue if you heed this advice.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2020 at 9:42 AM, ColeThornton said:

Here is the contact information for the Access Desk:

https://www.ncl.com/faq#!#accessible-cruising

Thanks.  I emailed them and they replied a week later.  However they said they would mark my edocs with a "Liquid Policy Exemption" icon, but I would just have to make sure the cans are in my carry on.  This is good, but now I will have to bring my suitcase as carryon cause the cases are large and heavy.  🙂

Thanks everyone for your responses

3 hours ago, I need a vaca said:

Thanks.  I emailed them and they replied a week later.  However they said they would mark my edocs with a "Liquid Policy Exemption" icon, but I would just have to make sure the cans are in my carry on.  This is good, but now I will have to bring my suitcase as carryon cause the cases are large and heavy.  🙂

Thanks everyone for your responses

Could you check your regular luggage and put all the liquid food in a carry on. If everything is in one suitcase it will be extremely hard to put up on counter for scanner. Even if they didnt require you to put in carry on i would not trust something happening to my luggage and have no food for the duration of the cruise.  Suitcases do get lost or fall in the water.

I mentioned in my post that my food will have to be in my carry on which I would need to use a suit case in order to fit the food and a change of clothes in case of missing checked suitcases.  Meaning I would check one suitcase and use 2nd as a carry-on (the canned food is 40#).

I would check back with NCL.  I would think the worst that would happen if it is in your "checked" luggage is that it would be held aside and you would have to claim it, along with everyone else who has something sketchy in their luggage. So a regular carry on with change of clothes and a little food, the rest in checked would seem like your best option.  Just an observation, no personal experience.

Also, there is nothing (other than convenience) that prevents you from walking on with all of your luggage.  Might be a little problem with scanners but they should be able to hand-scan if your suitcase is too big for the scanner.

On 1/2/2020 at 8:57 AM, buckeyefrank said:

I would contact the special needs department to have them flag your account.  You certainly want to make sure you have what you need to be allowed to board with your food.  I wouldn't rely on advice from a forum board for this issue.

Agree.

Although advising him to contact Special Needs is technically ... adv .... well, never mind.