Random questions about my upcoming April canary cruise

Vampiress88

5 minutes ago, DamianG said:

You've quoted 3 ports that we love!

La Coruna - science museum https://www.coruna.gal/cultura/es/espacios/detalle-para-entidad/casa-de-las-ciencias/entidad/1167801888277?argIdioma=es

Vigo - Samil beach https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g187509-d2035120-Reviews-Playa_Samil-Vigo_Province_of_Pontevedra_Galicia.html  (also a fabulous toy shop in the port area)

La Palma  - Bajamar beach

I agree it is a totally different experience cruising with kids and we too have to plan our days ashore very carefully since becoming parents. You wouldn't think Civitavecchia has much to offer but our son loves it there and is gutted that we won't be visiting in the next 2 years.

We are currently making plans for our cruise this August: Cadiz, Malaga, Ajaccio, Cannes, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca and Gibraltar with Cannes and Gibraltar in particular proving a bit of a challenge! We're thinking beach in Cannes but have no previous experience of it whilst we've all been to Gibraltar that much it's lost a bit of interest for us (but we will still get off the ship to stretch our legs).

that on the 10th August? If so that was supposed to be the one we were on but we cancelled it. 
Gibraltar would be the one we wanted most- want to go see the monkeys. 

yes definitely with kids have to plan. 

what do you like about civitavecchia? Trying to convince hubby to go next May but we went to Rome and actually didn’t like it even though it was my bucket list place for years. 

3 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

that on the 10th August? If so that was supposed to be the one we were on but we cancelled it. 
Gibraltar would be the one we wanted most- want to go see the monkeys. 

yes definitely with kids have to plan. 

what do you like about civitavecchia? Trying to convince hubby to go next May but we went to Rome and actually didn’t like it even though it was my bucket list place for years. 

In Civitavecchia there is a lovely pizzeria http://www.mastrotittapizza.com/home-811.html just round the corner from the train station. It is frequented by crew members (which says a lot) and you can sit outdoors with a sea view.

From there it is a short walk to a water polo club where you can pay a small admission and use the outdoor pools. First time we went there was an outdoor bar next to one pool and a separate cafe, last time just the cafe was open. Family friendly and not too busy even on a weekend.

37 minutes ago, DamianG said:

You've quoted 3 ports that we love!

Don't get me wrong, we love them too, but visiting them in the summer is a totally different experience to the winter months, especially with children.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my

so I am very poorly today sat at home, little bit fuzzy on codine and I googled ventura and found a different menu

have I found the lunch menu? 
never had lunch in the mdr before 

http://images.pocruises.com/Documents/pdfs/Menu 2019 (including veg and vegan)/GE19-003 CMC Lunch Menu 1-14.pdf

46 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Oh my

so I am very poorly today sat at home, little bit fuzzy on codine and I googled ventura and found a different menu

have I found the lunch menu? 
never had lunch in the mdr before 

http://images.pocruises.com/Documents/pdfs/Menu 2019 (including veg and vegan)/GE19-003 CMC Lunch Menu 1-14.pdf

Lunch in MDR is good but has a limited menu, you might struggle to please the 4 of you. 

The sharing dishes can be ordered for one. 

We check after breakfast to see if anything takes our fancy then decide. 

I am amazed at how many people come in, sit down, look at the menu then leave... 

We have seen this on numerous occasions. 

It is clearly displayed outside. 

Get well soon, 

Andy 

6 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Lunch in MDR is good but has a limited menu, you might struggle to please the 4 of you. 

The sharing dishes can be ordered for one. 

We check after breakfast to see if anything takes our fancy then decide. 

I am amazed at how many people come in, sit down, look at the menu then leave... 

We have seen this on numerous occasions. 

It is clearly displayed outside. 

Get well soon, 

Andy 

It looks awesome from the menus I have seen. There are baguettes and burgers etc. Sounds like a good lunch to me. Only thing with us is on holidays it’s usually good breakfast and dinner but light on lunch. 

kids are easy to please. It the hubby that’s a fussy thing 

7 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

It looks awesome from the menus I have seen. There are baguettes and burgers etc. Sounds like a good lunch to me. Only thing with us is on holidays it’s usually good breakfast and dinner but light on lunch. 

kids are easy to please. It the hubby that’s a fussy thing 

I have not seen most of those menus. 

I hope they are new. 

Andy 

2 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I have not seen most of those menus. 

I hope they are new. 

Andy 

I put a link to them above. I’ve never seen a lunch menu before but somehow I’ve found these. 
when’s your next cruise Andy? 
I feel like we should have a countdown under our names like other holiday forums do

4 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I put a link to them above. I’ve never seen a lunch menu before but somehow I’ve found these. 
I feel like we should have a countdown under our names like other holiday forums do

April 19th...

I don't eat prawns or smoked salmon, and everytime I fancy a baguette, guess what's in it... 

We often struggle to find something we both like at lunch in the MDR, but the menus you posted seem good. 

Andy 

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

April 19th...

I don't eat prawns or smoked salmon, and everytime I fancy a baguette, guess what's in it... 

We often struggle to find something we both like at lunch in the MDR, but the menus you posted seem good. 

Andy 

We had these lunch menus on Arcadia last October. For the first time it meant we had lunch in the MDR virtually every day. As we prefer to have a light lunch, on previous cruises we have tended to use the buffet, but we found these new menus suited us well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

You used to be able to add a countdown clock to your signature

We also check the MDR lunch menu after breakfast, as there are a some favourites on there that we always go for (dressed crab salad, Pu Pu platter to name a couple).

Usually nice and relaxing.  We don't bother with the soup as if it's the same as the buffet, so will be pop up there as well if it's a fave soup.

2 minutes ago, Elaine0138 said:

You used to be able to add a countdown clock to your signature

I doubt I am technical enough to do that. 

But it’s about 37 days for me and Andy has about 52 days. 

We get off ventura the day before he sets sail. 

gotta say it’s not going quick enough for me. The thought of having to make some dinner tonight and then tidy make me really want to be on a ship right now being waited on. 

soon. Soon. 

could do with doing a little more planning today, try sorting out clothes etc but my head is so fuzzy I just don’t have it in me. 

• Like 1

Just now, Son of Anarchy said:

We also check the MDR lunch menu after breakfast, as there are a some favourites on there that we always go for (dressed crab salad, Pu Pu platter to name a couple).

Usually nice and relaxing.  We don't bother with the soup as if it's the same as the buffet, so will be pop up there as well if it's a fave soup.

what is pu pu platter? It sounds like something off a film I watched as a kid with Tim Allen in it. 

I just want nice burgers and sarnies to be honest. 

I didn’t really like the burgers near the pool. Their chips weren’t bad. 

3 minutes ago, davemorton said:

Yes, that is correct, 1pm. 

my parking is later than that. 

what time would you suggest aiming for parking 12.30? 

we have Meet and greet but don’t think it’s cps

im surprised it’s 1pm

5 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

If you're with Parking 4 Cruises, just turn up.  They advise to text them when you're 30 minutes away, but I've always forgotten, and it wasn't a problem.

not actually sure who the parking is with

Just says meet and greet. It’s through holidays extras

it says 

Then drive to the Short Stay car park, which will be clearly signposted, and keep an eye out for a large red flag. This will lead you to the Parking for Cruise Ships driver who will collect your car 

nothing about a text though. 

Edited by Vampiress88