Well..Corp. AZ strikes again"!!

LuAnn

We are just home from the Journey holiday cruise...which we loved and had a wonderful time. The decorations, events and crew and staff were outstanding ...and we just had a terrific time.

I just started ..and then completed the AZ post cruise survey on line. And guess what...in the "Ports of Call" section...AZ wanted to know what I thought about "Cuba"??? Wait...we didn't go to Cuba!! 

That was the OLD schedule...and with the recent changes in the US policy our ports of call were changed!! YIKES...the "right and left hand" aren't together at all ...are they???

But the on board experience is still the best..and we loved it!! Can the corp. offices get it together to match the on board experience??? 

16 hours ago, florisdekort said:

Seems like a very minor issue to me and not an inconvenience in any way or form. Perhaps just move on? 

Thanks for your input...yes..it is minor...but based on the concerns of many on this board about the "right and left hand" working together...I just thought it was an example of that. Trust me...I love AZ...and yes...it's a minor issue. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LuAnn said:

You are so lucky Robin...we waited too long to book a cruise to Cuba...and so missed out. Glad you loved it...

You can still go. Friends flying in five weeks. For work involving theatre. You can go just takes 0planning

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 11:25 PM, ellbon said:

You can still go. Friends flying in five weeks. For work involving theatre. You can go just takes 0planning

If you are willing to do a land tour of Cuba which is a better way of doing Cuba, you can also still do it.  Just fly to any country in the world except the US such as Canada and then fly to Cuba.  There are lots of good Cuba land tours out of Canada.

DON

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 5:25 PM, LuAnn said:

We are just home from the Journey holiday cruise...which we loved and had a wonderful time. The decorations, events and crew and staff were outstanding ...and we just had a terrific time.

I just started ..and then completed the AZ post cruise survey on line. And guess what...in the "Ports of Call" section...AZ wanted to know what I thought about "Cuba"??? Wait...we didn't go to Cuba!! 

That was the OLD schedule...and with the recent changes in the US policy our ports of call were changed!! YIKES...the "right and left hand" aren't together at all ...are they???

But the on board experience is still the best..and we loved it!! Can the corp. offices get it together to match the on board experience??? 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The Miami office is aware of the issue and is working on a solution.

Glad to hear you had a great time onboard!

• Like 1

The surveys had incorrect itineraries in November and December. They also asked if we did an Azamara provided or independent excursion on a sea day. Was tempted to give stupid answers. It reflected very badly on Azamara and was a shame after being slightly more reassured by the onboard attention to detail it just highlighted that still did not extend elsewhere. 

• Like 1

As far as I can remember, the online surveys have always had questions about what we did during a sea day as far as excursions or leaving the ship.  I interpreted it as a sort of clumsy bleed-through from RCCL and Celebrity, where you can actually take a ship’s excursion on sea day - they have those “access all areas” tours.  I thought maybe it was just a hurried cut-and-paste job from a Celebrity or RCCL survey pro-forma.  As it currently stands, though, it’s a pretty useless question, and they should drop the sea days from the survey questions.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 11:59 AM, donaldsc said:

If you are willing to do a land tour of Cuba which is a better way of doing Cuba, you can also still do it.  Just fly to any country in the world except the US such as Canada and then fly to Cuba.  There are lots of good Cuba land tours out of Canada.

DON

NO! As far as I know if our gov't sees you been  thru  Canada etc you can either be fined or refused entry here. Now if you have duel citizenship somewhere I guess you can fly there and fly to Cuba.  

• 2 weeks later...

Approval for US citizens to go to Cuba was much curtailed last summer.  (And dual citizenship doesn't change the issue).

Both US Airlines (AA and JetBlue) and a lot of the cruise lines (certainly RCL and apparently Azamara) were caught by the the capricious change to the rules and it ended up with some cancellations before things got sorted out.

we are overwhelmed with junk surveys. I get surveys whenever I visit a store, see a doctor, fly, cruise, etc. cruise surveys that disappear in a week are not truly interested in your experience. If they were, they would not go away so quickly.  I often take long cruises or b2b cruises along with land extensions. By the time I get home, several of those “surveys” are no longer available for responding.  Any survey that has a very short life isn’t worth your time.  I have doubts whether those “surveys” are really read by the sending concern. Asking about your stop in Cuba just reinforces my notion that those surveys are a waste of time.

• Thanks 1