Has Carnival Officially Switched to Pepsi?

joknowsbows

Hello, 

Just curious if anyone has cruised this year and has found out whether Carnival has made the official switch to Pepsi? We sale on January 18 on the Carnival Sensation and would like to know. If they haven't made the switch yet it would save us from bringing 12 packs onboard. Thanks!

@joknowsbows

Howdy! emo22.gif

Thank you for your new thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum that is for general questions about cruising. Since your thread topic concerns a specific cruise line, I have moved your thread to the Carnival Cruise Lines forum where it will be on-topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed or will be sailing Carnival frequent that forum.

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

You might want to ask on the Carnival board. 

And yes, they are switching over to Pepsi. As the supplies of Coke are used Pepsi will be showing up.

Thank you, I will. I also called Carnival to confirm, but they acted like they didn't know. 🙂 

Here's to hoping they haven't ran out of Coke yet. haha

2 minutes ago, joknowsbows said:

Thank you, I will. I also called Carnival to confirm, but they acted like they didn't know. 🙂 

Me too!!! Go Coke!!!

5 minutes ago, joknowsbows said:

Yeah, there's no way for customer service to know which ships are still using up their remaining supply of Coke. You probably won't know until you get onboard. You can try bumping this thread right before your cruise and maybe you'll get lucky and someone from the previous cruise will let you know what they saw. But if Coke is your preference, I'd say better safe than sorry, take a 12-pack.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Yeah, there's no way for customer service to know which ships are still using up their remaining supply of Coke. You probably won't know until you get onboard. You can try bumping this thread right before your cruise and maybe you'll get lucky and someone from the previous cruise will let you know what they saw. But if Coke is your preference, I'd say better safe than sorry, take a 12-pack.

It’s actually for Dr. Pepper. My SIL is addicted. Me, I drink water. 😉

20 minutes ago, joknowsbows said:

It’s actually for Dr. Pepper. My SIL is addicted. Me, I drink water. 😉

Dr. Pepper is only served on ships departing from Galveston and NOLA. I did just read today confirmation that it will still be served from those home ports after the switch to Pepsi. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, simplelife said:

I'd like to know about Ecstasy. We are sailing Feb 29, so anyone who sails earlier in the month, please let me know if they have made the switch. I am trying to decide whether to buy Bottomless Bubbles or not.

I would assume by then it will be all Pepsi.

1 hour ago, lennythenose said:

Dr. Pepper is only served on ships departing from Galveston and NOLA. I did just read today confirmation that it will still be served from those home ports after the switch to Pepsi. 

I didn’t know that! I have only sailed out of those two ports though. (Once they did have Mr Pibb instead out of NOLA)

43 minutes ago, Sebleo said:

I didn’t know that! I have only sailed out of those two ports though. (Once they did have Mr Pibb instead out of NOLA)

Since Mr. Pibb (now Pibb Xtra) is made by Coke, I think it's safe to say they won't have it anymore.

Up until recently, I didn't realize how many generic variants of Dr. Pepper there were out there. Walmart sells Dr. Thunder, Aldi sells Dr. Dazzle, 😆 and Dollar General sells Dr. Topper. I'm sure there's more.

I am currently on the Dream and they still have Coke products. I did see a gentleman ask for a club soda only to be told they were completely out of club soda at that bar as they were using up all their stores before switching to Pepsi products. 

Good luck! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, lennythenose said:

I’m was bummed when I read that.   I know DP is its own brand but DP is disturbed by Pepsi in Fl so I was hoping it would be on ships out of Fl. 
It’s sad since Pepsi does not have a alternative. 
Back to carrying on again 

14 minutes ago, Bases5 said:

I’m was bummed when I read that.   I know DP is its own brand but DP is disturbed by Pepsi in Fl so I was hoping it would be on ships out of Fl. 
It’s sad since Pepsi does not have a alternative. 
Back to carrying on again 

I wonder why they only stock it out of two ports considering it's not Coke or Pepsi. And why those two ports in particular? Dr. Pepper is very popular, I think it'd do well.