Will it be Confiscated or Not?

Oakman58

1 hour ago, Oakman58 said:

I'm thinking my little alcohol filled dark chocolates will make it through NCL security without being confiscated.  Yes, I really am a chocoholic.

They will probably make it through without notice. But, the ship has lots of chocolate. And the ship has lots of liquor. Leave you goodies at home. 

1 hour ago, Oakman58 said:

I'm thinking my little alcohol filled dark chocolates will make it through NCL security without being confiscated.  Yes, I really am a chocoholic.

Maybe.

If they are left in the original box, the box is usually clearly labeled with a warning about the alcohol content and prohibiting the sale to minors.

The little  bottles are clearly labeled with the liquor name.

In your carry on, I wouldn't be surprised if they were taken. They might make it through in the checked luggage.

59 minutes ago, BostonGal35 said:

you should be ok in your checked bag, carry on it may get pulled.

I believe both checked bags and carry on bags are subjected to screening.  If one puts the items in the checked bag in a warm climate, there is a risk the chocolates will melt while bag is in hot conditions, so in some situations the carryon bag would be the appropriate choice for chocolates.  When the bag is crated, the foil wrapping may or may not catch the eye of the security personnel, whether carryon or checked.  They could then ask for a visual inspection.  As the item contain liquor, it could be confiscated.  

If this really about the chocolate, it would be wiser to bring quality chocolates without real liquor so you know it can come aboard with you.  

2 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

Our Costco sells them, and our Costco doesn’t have a liquor license and can’t sell liquor. I only have 3 bottles left from Christmas.

It depends on the quality of the chocolates that you are buying.

The ones with a diluted flavoring of the liquor are sold in regular stores.  The good stuff will be in liquor stores.

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

It depends on the quality of the chocolates that you are buying.

The ones with a diluted flavoring of the liquor are sold in regular stores.  The good stuff will be in liquor stores.

I’ve had many of these, definitely not watered down.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

They will probably make it through without notice. But, the ship has lots of chocolate. And the ship has lots of liquor. Leave you goodies at home. 

The ship has shampoo and body wash on but I bet you bring your own.  Practice what you preach.

3 minutes ago, Double Jack said:

The ship has shampoo and body wash on but I bet you bring your own.  Practice what you preach.

I’d compare the quality of anything chocolate on NCL to the quality of their shampoo and body wash!

Oh oh, was just thinking how good they look, then realized I am sailing with you. I would put in checked bag and see what happens knowing they might confiscate them. Not sure if they would keep them or give back to you at the end of the cruise. Can’t wait, only a couple of weeks to wait.

Mary