Jump to content

Wonderful Copenhagen 2020-2022


Recommended Posts

Looking at Copenhagen airport, the rapid Covid test is in terminal 2, looks like I can walk from terminal 2 to 3 right? 
For SAS airline to drop off luggage,  am I drop off prior to security and passport control? Wasn’t sure how Copenhagen airport is organized thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, lionheart said:

Looking at Copenhagen airport, the rapid Covid test is in terminal 2, looks like I can walk from terminal 2 to 3 right? 
For SAS airline to drop off luggage,  am I drop off prior to security and passport control? Wasn’t sure how Copenhagen airport is organized thanks 

Right - terminal 2 and 3 are connected- walking is easy and not that far.

SAS check in is terminal 3 - luggage drop off is before security - passport control if leaving Schengen area is after security. 
Only check in is divided into terminal 2 and 3 - once airside it’s one terminal - you can enter security from terminal 2 - no difference - same security check for both terminals, except it you can use SAS Fast Track.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hallasm said:

Right - terminal 2 and 3 are connected- walking is easy and not that far.

SAS check in is terminal 3 - luggage drop off is before security - passport control if leaving Schengen area is after security. 
Only check in is divided into terminal 2 and 3 - once airside it’s one terminal - you can enter security from terminal 2 - no difference - same security check for both terminals, except it you can use SAS Fast Track.

Thanks 

 

Not sure where the Covid testing is but said terminal 2 before security

figure do that first when off the ship. Than luggage drop off security and passport control.  Not sure I know what the difference is for security and passport…

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, lionheart said:

Not sure I know what the difference is for security and passport…

Falck's test center is easy to find when you go from terminal 3 to 2.

Security check is here your person, hand luggage and other items you bring on board are checked and screened before entering airside terminal. Passport control depends on your preferred destination according to CPH.

Flights to countries outside the Schengen area depart from a separate area where passports are checked before access.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, hallasm said:

Falck's test center is easy to find when you go from terminal 3 to 2.

Security check is here your person, hand luggage and other items you bring on board are checked and screened before entering airside terminal. Passport control depends on your preferred destination according to CPH.

Flights to countries outside the Schengen area depart from a separate area where passports are checked before access.

Oh ok thank you 

 

Since I have to go to terminal 2 for Covid test 

 

do I get dropped off at terminal 2 do Covid test and work way to terminal 3 or do I get off at terminal 3 than go to terminal 2

 

thanks again 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lionheart said:

do I get dropped off at terminal 2 do Covid test and work way to terminal 3 or do I get off at terminal 3 than go to terminal 2

Drop luggage in terminal 3 - then go to terminal 2 for test - as explained in earlier post security check is the same for terminal 2 and 3 - then straight to security check from terminal 2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hallasm said:

Drop luggage in terminal 3 - then go to terminal 2 for test - as explained in earlier post security check is the same for terminal 2 and 3 - then straight to security check from terminal 2.

Thank you 

 

I wasn’t sure if can move terminal 3 to 2 and back to 3 without doing security multiple times 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, hallasm said:

Drop luggage in terminal 3 - then go to terminal 2 for test - as explained in earlier post security check is the same for terminal 2 and 3 - then straight to security check from terminal 2.

The problem with this order is that there is a chance that you will test positive, and then it becomes an issue to get your luggage back. It might be better to get the test, wait for results, and then go to check in if negative.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, gnome12 said:

The problem with this order is that there is a chance that you will test positive, and then it becomes an issue to get your luggage back. It might be better to get the test, wait for results, and then go to check in if negative.

Oh that would be horrible… I guess I have them drop me off in terminal 2 test and than terminal 3 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are fling on the Jun 13 for 15th sailing can we get the COVID test at airport that day , also when should I buy the Copenhagen card before or when we arrive . Thank you, Jim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jim40 said:

We are fling on the Jun 13 for 15th sailing can we get the COVID test at airport that day , also when should I buy the Copenhagen card before or when we arrive . Thank you, Jim

I bought my Copenhagen Card when I arrived at the airport in 2019. If you are going to order it online, check the alternate currencies; when I looked it was definitely cheaper to buy it in Danish Kroner, although the website defaulted to Euros. Actually, I just checked the website and something is weird, when you press the "buy online" button, it sends to you a page from Get Your Guide called things to do in Copenhagen which looks more like Viator than anything else. (The Copenhagen Card page does now list the cost in DKK, , €, £, and US$; if you buy it in Copenhagen it will be in DKK.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Jim40 said:

We are fling on the Jun 13 for 15th sailing can we get the COVID test at airport that day , also when should I buy the Copenhagen card before or when we arrive

Buy your Copenhagen Card immediately after luggage claim and customs in terminal 3 - it is not necessary to pre-order and pay for the card in DKK.  Then go to the COVID test .

At Copenhagen Airport there are two providers of COVID test:

Falck's test center in terminal 2 (walking distance) - offers antigen test for a fee, - result after 30 minutes.
The Capital Region of Denmark's test center at P5 (walking distance) offers free PCR test - result after 24 hours. Registration at Coronasmitte.dk required.

check closer to your arrival - might change at short notice.

Edited by hallasm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are coming in August 18 and staying 3 nights and staying at Radisson Collection Royal Hotel on Hammerichsgade 1

What is the cheapest way to get to hotel from airport?  Not bus or train

Looking to do HoHo , cruise and see castles etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, floridababa said:

What is the cheapest way to get to hotel from airport?

If no train the only option is a taxi. Price for a taxi is DKK 350 (US$ 50) remember - No additional tips - in Denmark VAT and service charges are included in all prices.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, floridababa said:

Do we have to reserve one ahead of time or get one outside the airport?

No nede to reserve. There are plenty of taxis on arrival at the airport.  Depending on the day and time, the price will be 40 to 50 USD - choose a taxi from Dantaxi 4x48, Taxi 4x35 or Taxi 4x27.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is the right location, but perhaps someone can satisfy my curiosity?

 

I happened to notice that Celebrity Silhouette is currently on it’s way from Copenhagen to Helsinki (?), anyway, I sort of thought it would leave Copenhagen and take the most direct route Eastwards, but instead it seems to have backtracked slightly and gone Southwards first before heading East (see photo0

 

I guess there might be very practical reason for this, maybe do cruise ships not “fit” under “The bridge” that runs from Copenhagen to Malmo, or is the sea not deep /wide enough? I had been thinking it would be really nice experience to sail under “The Bridge” and am wondering why it didn’t. 

A5099E01-3E7F-42A6-856B-17B584C2FD83.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Alsun said:

I guess there might be very practical reason for this

The perfect place to ask you questions.  Yes, larger ships can not sail under the bridge - it is actually not necessary as there is a bridge from Sweden to the island of Peberholm and from there tunnel to Denmark (see picture)- but the waters between Peberholm and Denmark are difficult to navigate, so cruise ships prefer to sail north of Zealand and down through the Great Belt into the Baltic Sea.
The reason for the bridge and then a tunnel the last stretch to Denmark is to allow Russian warships to pass into the Baltic Sea (international waters) as there are bridges over the rest of the waterway into the Baltic Sea.

FEEC3B98-685E-42EF-9D9E-3AC03BFD337F.jpeg

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hallasm said:

Yes, larger ships can not sail under the bridge - it is actually not necessary as there is a bridge from Sweden to the island of Peberholm and from there tunnel to Denmark (see picture)- but the waters between Peberholm and Denmark are difficult to navigate, so cruise ships prefer to sail north of Zealand and down through the Great Belt into the Baltic Sea.

 

 

Thanks!  We visited Copenhagen some years ago (not with a cruise - and we did take the train to Malmo) but couldn’t recall how high/large the bridge section is!  Makes sense now. 

 

We hope to take a cruise that direction at some point -  and even if we can’t sail under “The Bridge”, am sure we will enjoy the Great Belt route too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2022 at 3:33 AM, hallasm said:

Buy your Copenhagen Card immediately after luggage claim and customs in terminal 3 - it is not necessary to pre-order and pay for the card in DKK.  Then go to the COVID test .

At Copenhagen Airport there are two providers of COVID test:

Falck's test center in terminal 2 (walking distance) - offers antigen test for a fee, - result after 30 minutes.
The Capital Region of Denmark's test center at P5 (walking distance) offers free PCR test - result after 24 hours. Registration at Coronasmitte.dk required.

check closer to your arrival - might change at short notice.

To fly into Copenhagen you need a covid test? I will be flying g from USA.  Do I need to get an ESTES?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, floridababa said:

To fly into Copenhagen you need a covid test? I will be flying g from USA. 

It does not require COVID test to enter Denmark. General COVID-19 restrictions no longer apply in Denmark. However, on board airplanes or cruise ship you may be met with requirements regarding Test - you need to check with your airline and cruise line,

2 hours ago, floridababa said:

Do I need to get an ESTES?

Do you mean ETIAS? Depend on travel day- not for 2022.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, hallasm said:

It does not require COVID test to enter Denmark. General COVID-19 restrictions no longer apply in Denmark. However, on board airplanes or cruise ship you may be met with requirements regarding Test - you need to check with your airline and cruise line,

Do you mean ETIAS? Depend on travel day- not for 2022.

Yes I meant ETIAS.  I thought I read end of 2022??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2022 at 4:46 AM, hallasm said:

No nede to reserve. There are plenty of taxis on arrival at the airport.  Depending on the day and time, the price will be 40 to 50 USD - choose a taxi from Dantaxi 4x48, Taxi 4x35 or Taxi 4x27.

What does 4×48 , 4×35 or 4×27 mean?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, floridababa said:

What does 4×48 , 4×35 or 4×27 mean?

Sort for not bring more specific - actually the names of the taxi companies - in fact their phone number

4x35 (Taxa 4x35), - 4x48 (Dantaxi), - 4x27 (4x27 taxi) - number visible at the car.
They all have apps you can download for booking and payment but in CPH it is easier just to find one of those companies and pay with credit card, or Apple Pay.

Many more taxi companies with varying services and prices - this is the three taxi companies I’m using - all available at the airport.

 

 

Edited by hallasm
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Announcement: Sail with Marella Cruises ~ Sponsored by Marella Cruises
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Princess Cruises - Medallion Masters!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...