non-refundable deposit ?

39august

Let's see if I understand this correctly. First, I always book while on board for the reduced deposit and OBC. Now, if I have a NRD on a sky suite which I paid just $100 per person on board, if I change or cancel that cruise, I will be charged for the full required deposit of $450 pp. Of that amount, X keeps $100 per person and gives me $350 pp toward another cruise. Can that amount be used to pay on another cruise, or is it only OBC? Can it be used a an already booked future cruise, or do I have to by another cruise, please?

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/CEL-Non-RefundableFAQs_Trade.pdf

Any text regarding full deposit amounts are for after final payment date.   I believe the last section of the above link will clear this up for you.

Before final payment you will lose $100 pp if you cancel or change sailing.   After final payment the entire full deposit amount will be in penalty.

Here is what I come up with as a worst case scenario.  You book a 7 day cruise at $600 pp (good luck with that!) with your $100pp deposit.   You cancel at 75 days where the penalty is 25% which would be $200, but since your non refundable full deposit is $250 you would lose that

Sorry, that answers some questions, but doesn't tell me if the remainder of the $450 deposit can be used as payment or if it is only OBC  for another cruise, or whether it has to be a new cruise or can be used on an existing booking.

2 hours ago, 39august said:

Let's see if I understand this correctly. First, I always book while on board for the reduced deposit and OBC. Now, if I have a NRD on a sky suite which I paid just $100 per person on board, if I change or cancel that cruise, I will be charged for the full required deposit of $450 pp. Of that amount, X keeps $100 per person and gives me $350 pp toward another cruise. Can that amount be used to pay on another cruise, or is it only OBC? Can it be used a an already booked future cruise, or do I have to by another cruise, please?

The remaining balance can be applied for another (new) cruise and I believe the next (new) cruise has to be within a year of cancelling the first (original) cruise. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

I would give Celebrity or your agent a call just to confirm.    I have not cancelled a NRD but did receive a Future Cruise Credit for a missed port equal to 1 day of room rate.   I was able to apply that credit to a cruise I already had booked. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, ArizonaCruzer said:

If you only paid $100 pp for the deposit where does the $450 pp come into play? 

I believe from OP that the original full deposit was $450 pp

3 hours ago, 39august said:

I will be charged for the full required deposit of $450 pp.

Unless you have a TA who works some kind of magic if you change the cruise with an NRD and somehow is able to change the itinerary and ship with no fee. I am not sure how my TA did it last weekend, but she was able to change my Edge Italy/Turkey/Greece summer 2021 with a NRD to a Reflection Norwegian Fjords summer 2021 with no loss of any money - just slid everything over.

If booking onboard for a NRD rate, is the deposit reduced, e.g.  $200 per cabin vs. $900? From reading the above posts it seems like less outlay is needed, but a cancellation or rebooking will result in the loss of $100 pp deposit as it would with the greater deposit requirement.

We are asking friends who'll be on the Equinox next week to make a booking for us but I want to do a cost/benefit analysis before I give them specifics. Thanks!