Laundry question re longer cruises

txflood33

I found the laundry/dry cleaning/pressing prices in their FAQs. I seem to remember a special for laundry while on a 12 night cruise. Our upcoming cruise is 14 nights but will end up being closer to 3 weeks when you add a few days at the front and back.

Am I remembering incorrectly or is this something X does on longer cruises...flat fee for a bag full or discounted price?

I also remember reading getting some free laundry services but don't remember if that's a bonus for suites or  Captains Club level. I'm still tossing the idea around of upgrading to a SS and laundry could certainly move the pendulum.

Thanks in advance

What is your Captain's Club loyalty level?  For those at the Elite level one free bag of laundry per person is a perk.  Those at the Elite+ receive two free bags per person.  Zenith members receive unlimited free laundry.  Also other levels receive a discounted bag per cruise; this will be listed in the Captain's Club host welcome letter.  And there is periodically a "stuff a bag laundry challenge" coupon which offers a bag for $49.95.

1 hour ago, txflood33 said:

I found the laundry/dry cleaning/pressing prices in their FAQs. I seem to remember a special for laundry while on a 12 night cruise. Our upcoming cruise is 14 nights but will end up being closer to 3 weeks when you add a few days at the front and back.

Am I remembering incorrectly or is this something X does on longer cruises...flat fee for a bag full or discounted price?

I also remember reading getting some free laundry services but don't remember if that's a bonus for suites or  Captains Club level. I'm still tossing the idea around of upgrading to a SS and laundry could certainly move the pendulum.

Thanks in advance

The $49.95 for a single bag of laundry was offered on Day 5 and Day 9 of our 12 night Solstice cruise last month  

85C312A5-E122-4AC0-A5AF-417D1ABC61CD.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

@liketraveling,

We used the ship's laundry service 4 times during our 12 night Solstice cruise last month.  We are a family of 4 and each of us get one free laundry bag (up to 30 items) per sailing because of our Captains Club status.  Each time, we got our laundry back next day--usually by evening when the cabin steward was turning down our cabin.

For the first time in our 14 cruises with Celebrity, our stateroom had a cloth bag (about the size of a pillow case) to put our laundry into which was better than the paper bags that were used in the past.

0512861C-B6C4-4D4F-A0DD-8A562254D648.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2020 at 6:07 PM, mahdnc said:

@liketraveling,

We used the ship's laundry service 4 times during our 12 night Solstice cruise last month.  We are a family of 4 and each of us get one free laundry bag (up to 30 items) per sailing because of our Captains Club status.  Each time, we got our laundry back next day--usually by evening when the cabin steward was turning down our cabin.

For the first time in our 14 cruises with Celebrity, our stateroom had a cloth bag (about the size of a pillow case) to put our laundry into which was better than the paper bags that were used in the past.

0512861C-B6C4-4D4F-A0DD-8A562254D648.jpeg

Have not seen this.  Paper bag on silhouette in December 

44 minutes ago, gfkcruiser said:

Have not seen this.  Paper bag on silhouette in December 

It is the first time that I have ever seen this as well.  We cruised on Reflection this past Jan (2019).  It was paper. 

Prior to that we were also on Solstice (Jan 2018) and it was also paper.  So sometime between Jan 2018 and Dec 2019, Solstice switched from paper bags to these cloth bags.