Carnival Cruise Line Cheers! Package

ultimateDragon

On 1/14/2020 at 6:01 PM, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Just wondering... if adults are on cheers, and kids don't have a package at all, if you can't buy anything separate from cheers, then how would the adults buy their kids a milkshake or soda (as they are supposed to buy it, and not give them a "cheers" milkshake).

If they can't buy anything separate from cheers, then adults with cheers would not be able to get non-alcoholic drinks for their kids (assuming the kids don't have their own charging privileges, which many don't).

19 minutes ago, ricew001 said:

non-alcoholic drinks (sodas, milkshakes, bottled water,) do not count toward Cheers limit of 15 drinks - the 15 drink limit is 15 alcoholic drinks.

My post was in reference to someone saying that if they had Cheers, they could not buy any drinks in cash, and therefore choose not use the Cheers package (including non-alcoholic drinks), whether before or after the 15 drink alcoholic limit was reached. 

Edited by PrincessArlena'sDad

Just wondering... if adults are on cheers, and kids don't have a package at all, if you can't buy anything separate from cheers, then how would the adults buy their kids a milkshake or soda (as they are supposed to buy it, and not give them a "cheers" milkshake).

If they can't buy anything separate from cheers, then adults with cheers would not be able to get non-alcoholic drinks for their kids (assuming the kids don't have their own charging privileges, which many don't).

On 1/16/2020 at 12:39 PM, ricew001 said:

non-alcoholic drinks (sodas, milkshakes, bottled water,) do not count toward Cheers limit of 15 drinks - the 15 drink limit is 15 alcoholic drinks.

I think I understood your question @PrincessArlena'sDad.  Cheers is not to be shared - even the non-alcoholic drinks - so how does a parent follow the rules and get the child their own drink if Cheers does not allow beverage purchases (especially if the child has no charging privileges)? 

Cheers must allow some purchases, because bottles of wine are covered at a 25% discount.  My guess is there was communication error between the passenger and server for those with Cheers who were refused sale of drinks charged to the account vs. charged against Cheers.

• 1 year later...

Most non alcoholic drinks are included in cheers, but  do not count towards  your 15 drink limit.  You can buy unlimited  non-alcoholic drinks for others.

On 2/23/2021 at 10:37 AM, johnk864 said:

DOES ANYONE KNOW ONOBOARD HOW MANY DAYS INTO THE CRUISE IS THE LAST DAY TO PURCHASE THE DRINK PACKAGE ON A 8 DAY CRUISE (CARNIVAL)

If I remember correctly, Cheers may be purchase the first day or the second day.

Edited by simplelife

Most non alcoholic drinks are included in cheers, but  do not count towards  your 15 drink limit.  You can buy unlimited  non-alcoholic drinks for others.

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2021 at 4:41 PM, simplelife said:

This too is incorrect.   You cannot share drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) if you have the CHEERS package.   I feel as though there are several wrong, intentional or not, facts stated.   A parent would have no other option than to use their S&S card to buy non-alcoholic drinks (water, milkshakes, sodas, etc) for their children!!   I have purchased many buckets of beer while having CHEERS.  As previously stated, wine by the bottle can be purchased for a 20% discount and does not count toward your daily 15 limit.

4 hours ago, Chamoretta said:

I found this video that explains the drink packages for 2021.  They changed their soda to Pepsi. I don't know how I feel about that. 

You can bring your own Coke on board or choose another cruise line such as Royal who provides Coke products.  The switch to Pepsi also added the Pure Leaf Iced Teas to the list of available products.

3 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

You can bring your own Coke on board or choose another cruise line such as Royal who provides Coke products.  The switch to Pepsi also added the Pure Leaf Iced Teas to the list of available products.

The switch to Pepsi brought a dozen or so sparking flavored waters into the mix.

It's funny the differing opinions on the limit for the Cheers program. I have a friend that has hit 15 drinks limit before and still bought additional drinks but he had to pay for them, they weren't free. In addition you can always buy bottles of wine/champagne or anything over the 20 dollar limit and that doesn't count toward the total drink count either- you do get a discount percent off though. So if you hit the limit and couldn't outright purchase more you could always finish the night with a bottle (or two, lol) of wine. My friend would sometimes buy doubles as well which, again, don't count for the free Cheers drink which can't be a double and it doesn't count against the total because he was paying for them directly. I also have bought drinks for myself and others in my party- mine is free and goes against the plan total, theirs I have to pay for and does not go against the total. In the end I find it pretty hard to literally drink 15 drinks in a day, let alone more than that and still remain standing but it can be done- LOL and I wish anyone attempting it good luck! 😛

2 hours ago, Jasonsterling said:

In the end I find it pretty hard to literally drink 15 drinks in a day, let alone more than that and still remain standing but it can be done- LOL and I wish anyone attempting it good luck! 😛

Whenever someone said that 15 drinks per day was easy, I would counter that with, how about 15 LI Iced Teas or back in the day when Carnival had them, 15 Foster's Oil cans @ 25 oz each, which would be the equivalent of over 31 twelve ounce bottles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Whenever someone said that 15 drinks per day was easy, I would counter that with, how about 15 LI Iced Teas or back in the day when Carnival had them, 15 Foster's Oil cans @ 25 oz each, which would be the equivalent of over 31 twelve ounce bottles.

Not going to say 15 is easy for most, but for some it's not really a hard number to hit.  I always feel beer drinkers get the short straw here, 15 beers over 12 hours in the sun at the pool is totally doable.   I'm not much of a beer drinker, but have hit 15 drinks on numerous occasions.  Here's a typical sea day:

01) Bailey's & coffee  07:00

02) Bloody Mary   08:00

03) Cruiser 10:00

04) Cruiser 11:00

05) Mango Daiquiri 01:00

06) Bushwacker 02:30

07) Caribbean Colada 04:00

08) Wine 06:00

09) Wine 06:45

10) Desert shot (Duck Fart) 07:30

11) Crown & coke 08:00

12) Crown & coke 08:45

13) Crown & coke 09:30

14) Crown & coke 10:30

15) Good night shot (Red Snapper) 12:00

This is easy for me, I do it regularly while on vacation.   Substitute various drinks randomly, depending on what bar I happen to be at, maybe a beer or 2 if I'm hot.   Sometimes 2 coffees, sometimes 2 Bloody's, sometimes 3 (or 4) glasses of wine.  Slow and steady sipping, food throughout the day, easy peasy!!

• Like 1

Just now, SNJCruisers said:

Need further details on what are in these shots.  Thanks

Duck Fart is 1/3 oz Crown Royal, !/3 oz Bailey's Irish Cream & 1/3 oz Kahlua!!  (I prefer 1/2 oz portions)

Red Snapper is 1/3 oz Crown Royal, 1/3 oz Amaretto, & 1/3 oz Cranberry Juice!!

Both delicious!!

On 2/26/2021 at 11:14 PM, simplelife said:

22 hours ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

This too is incorrect.   You cannot share drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) if you have the CHEERS package.   I feel as though there are several wrong, intentional or not, facts stated.   A parent would have no other option than to use their S&S card to buy non-alcoholic drinks (water, milkshakes, sodas, etc) for their children!!   I have purchased many buckets of beer while having CHEERS.  As previously stated, wine by the bottle can be purchased for a 20% discount and does not count toward your daily 15 limit.

How is this incorrect?  Simplelife said you can buy unlimited  non-alcoholic drinks for others, which is the same thing you're saying.  🙃

7 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

How is this incorrect?  Simplelife said you can buy unlimited  non-alcoholic drinks for others, which is the same thing you're saying.  🙃

My bad.   I read that as meaning with your CHEERS package.   I've got to slow down!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

23 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

My bad.   I read that as meaning with your CHEERS package.   I've got to slow down!!

I inferred it the same exact way.  When simplelife stated that you can buy unlimited non-alcoholic items, I inferred that it was coming from his Cheers account and he was getting soda, milkshakes, etc for his kids.  Otherwise,  why would he only say non-alcoholic drinks when you can also buy a bucket of beers for friends and have one applied towards Cheers.