Upgrading drinks package

teamflames

Rarely sales on upgrade n never seen it on the cruise planner. I got lucky once ehen I called about something else.  Many say upgrade on board with the bar bartender you would visit most often.  Might probably get better service. Obc should be able to be used especially on board.  

We always upgrade with someone that you will be with all cruise. They get have a required amount of upgrade that they must get. We usually do at cafe bacia when we arrive. They really appreciate it. You can wait until you see a waiter in buffet or a bartender where you will frequent. 

We currently have the Classic as well and will upgrade to the Premium.  I don't see how to upgrade in the cruise planner.  Each package appears to be priced under the assumption that the traveler does not have a package of any kind...in other words, full price.  How does one tell it that you already have a package and just want to upgrade?  And how does it work if you go from the classic to the drinks & more?  Does this upgrade bump you to premium?  or do you have to first upgrade to premium and then upgrade to drinks & more?  I've read what is says in the planner and find there's not enough information.

46 minutes ago, Pennstatedj said:

We always upgrade with someone that you will be with all cruise. They get have a required amount of upgrade that they must get. We usually do at cafe bacia when we arrive. They really appreciate it. You can wait until you see a waiter in buffet or a bartender where you will frequent. 

This is really good to know.  I had no idea that the bar staff were under pressure to get upgrade quotas.  We've always had the premium package to start with so never really paid much attention.  Guess we will have to find someone we like pretty early on.

1 minute ago, hawk/hornfan said:

Ok my dilemma  for 11/2 Reflection cruise. We have OBC from X and T/A like $600. Classics Bev and grats. I will want Primium Bev Pgk, wife not so much. Can we get it for me and not her. OBC will probably also be specially dining.

Yes, just one can upgrade..

14 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We currently have the Classic as well and will upgrade to the Premium.  I don't see how to upgrade in the cruise planner.  Each package appears to be priced under the assumption that the traveler does not have a package of any kind...in other words, full price.  How does one tell it that you already have a package and just want to upgrade?  And how does it work if you go from the classic to the drinks & more?  Does this upgrade bump you to premium?  or do you have to first upgrade to premium and then upgrade to drinks & more?  I've read what is says in the planner and find there's not enough information.

As far as I know you have to call and have your  promo package added in the cruise planner.  Once they've done that, all of the upgrade options with pricing will show up.

• Thanks 1

And YES, sometimes there are sales. I’ve gotten BOGO as well as Buy one get one half off. There can be sales on excursions, dining packages, and other experiences. There is currently a sale on drinks and more for my cruise. You will see it in the cruise planner and probably hear about it here on cruise critic if you are active on your roll call.

It’s definitely good strategy to use obc, and if you upgrade onboard that’s exactly what happens but it will be full price, it can happen pre cruise but takes a phone call.

The only advantage to doing it precruise is that it is imprinted on your card, while an upgrade later is a “sticker”