Specialty Dining Gratuity? Included or not?

LMADAMS91

6 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

How about being recognized as you approach the bar, and having your drink ready for you when you get there?

But I don’t pre tip and still get that type of service.

Edited by GUT2407
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Not very common.  I think the last time I saw one in circulation, although they are legal currency in the US, was back in the 80's.  I'm sure they are still around and used ... I just haven't seen one in quite some time.  The bank may see them from time to time and there are probably some collectors that are saving them up, just waiting them to become more valuable....but, I just don't think it is commonplace to see them in circulation ... at least not in my experience.  

I have tipped using dollar coins.  I usually need to let the person know it's not a quarter but a dollar.

Image result for us dollar coins

19 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Not very common.  I think the last time I saw one in circulation, although they are legal currency in the US, was back in the 80's.  I'm sure they are still around and used ... I just haven't seen one in quite some time.  The bank may see them from time to time and there are probably some collectors that are saving them up, just waiting them to become more valuable....but, I just don't think it is commonplace to see them in circulation ... at least not in my experience.  

I have been saving them for years. See Photo 
Tony

EFDF6DA6-0278-43D4-AAC4-18DBA4498079.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Are $2 bills common ? Not sure I have seen one.

According to the U.S. Treasury, the $2 bill remains in circulation even today, but is only issued based on the demand from banks and generally is not printed “as often as the others.” Still, $2 bills have clearly been on the decline. The last year the $2 bill was printed was back in 2006

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rusty10 said:

you can order $2 at your local branch. We usually order for tipping because it’s unique.  We do tip at the specialty dining for good service in cash.

I like that ... bet some of the recipients think they are fake money ... what do you think?  

Same goes for the Susan B Anthony dollar coin ...either fake or not realizing it is worth more than a quarter.