Specialty Dining Gratuity? Included or not?

LMADAMS91

Regardless we have always given $10 each to the one or 2 staff that wait on us.

In the personalizer specialty restaurant reservation section near the price it says "gratuity not included".

Better get out the popcorn.   😉   Its a triggering subject.   😂

• Like 3

It is included. You have tipped in your daily gratuity for the specialty restaurant staff and tipped a second time in the up charge and missed the dining room meal you paid and tipped for .............so enough already. I believe many of the posters here want to seem like big shots and allege they tip and tip and tip but who knows? It's unpopular to admit I don't tip extra and requires a flameproof full body suit. 

Edited by cruzsnooze
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

The last time we ate at the Crown Grill, I tried to add a gratuity to the charge. Somehow it did not go through. I asked about it at passenger services a couple of days later and was told that those charges are billed separately. It never did show up on our account. That cruise was only three days long (taken b2b after a four-day cruise).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, frugaltravel said:

So those of you who give extra tip even though the gratuity appears to be included, do you also tip extra to the bar staff if you have a PBP? The gratuity for that is also included.

I see a difference between a server serving me for almost 2 hours, vs a bartender spending 20 seconds on a drink, especially when tips are included in that scenario.  Just my thought.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, frugaltravel said:

So those of you who give extra tip even though the gratuity appears to be included, do you also tip extra to the bar staff if you have a PBP? The gratuity for that is also included.

Throw a few extra bucks to the bartender you'll be using most, and you'll soon see the advantages.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I agree!

Of course!!  Remember we are "Big Shots"!   lmao  🤣

I'm thinkin' some of these folk would be aghast if they saw my private club accommodations. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, frugaltravel said:

We usually give a tip at the end of the cruise to Bar staff who stand out to us. Though I see comments that greasing the palm ahead of time might be better. What would be the benefit ? Bigger pours ?

• Like 2