WiFI phone calls

redglass

Looking for any confirmation I can make a WiFi call on Celebrity Reflection back to the US.  I have a Verizon Galaxy S10 that has WiFi calling built in and I can use it in the US for calls.  Unsure if the WiFi on board  can do same or has Celebrity introduced any lock out code on their platform to prevent passengers from using this feature?

I have an iPhone XS and my provider is Consumer Cellular.

Both the iPhone and Consumer Cellular offer wifi calling (no charge)....  I did need to call Consumer Cellular and they had to activate the feature before my first use...

When Cruizing, I turn Cellular OFF.... WiFi Calling On and connect to Celebrity or Royals wifi (paid for package) and it worked just fine....

I am sure Verison and you Galaxy are the same, do not know if you need to activate through Verison. Just do a simple test at home... Turn of Cellular Data, connect to a wifi network, turn on wifi calling and make a call...

Dennis

I have also used Wifi Calling using an Iphone and T-Mobile as a carrier.    As above I turn on Airplane mode and then turn on Wifi.   Calls go through and are received without a problem .   I have always have the Xpress Speed internet so not sure about the other plan.

I have used WIFI calling with Samsung Galaxy versions 5 and above without issue. There is now a feature that you turn on in the phone settings and you may have to activate it with your carrier. I've also used the app Hangouts to make WIFI calls on board, all free.

I think it depends on your carrier. ATT says that the WI-Fi calling only works in your plan's coverage area and not internationally. It did not work for me in Italy in 2018 but I was able to use Skype to make calls back home. I have a Samsung S-10.

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

It works great for outgoing calls.

for incoming calls be aware that often you will get disconnected from wifi after a period of time, especially overnight, so you may miss an incoming call.

Wonder if that is ship dependent.   Some ships I'm on I have to log in every 24 hours while recently on Summit and Edge I stayed connected for the complete cruise without re-logging in.