What Exactly Are Upgraded Amenities On Princess?...Answered!

jimmymed3

On 1/21/2020 at 12:15 PM, rj42 said:

The blue/green goo they pass off as shampoo and body wash is one of the weak points of Princess (down there with Carnival), after I've been spoiled by the Elemis products on HAL.

It's probably been 6 or 8 years since the "upgraded amenities" on Princess included small bottles of Elemis shampoo, conditioner, lotion and body gel.  Recently it's been the gold mesh package with a tube of Lotus Spa lotion.  Laundry is a great perk, but on recent cruises it's often a 3 day turnaround...  I'm not complaining, what a blessing it is to even be able to consider such a frivolous expenditure of one's resources.

And BTW, what ever happened to the lobster claws in the buffet on the first night (DW and I brought our own claw/crab crackers)...  soooooo soooooo good!  But alas, now history. 

On 1/21/2020 at 10:04 PM, Maui Girl said:

I can understand cutting down on single use plastics for sure!  But what does that have to do with eliminating bar soap??    I might have to bring my own bar, I hate shower gel 😉

With bar soap there is almost always an unused amount left at the end of a cruise. This unused part bars must be disposed of.

With the body wash, there is none disposed of, just the container topped off. No wasted body wash. Save $$.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2020 at 3:05 PM, kywildcatfanone said:

I think it's because they are doing away with that small perk and are just getting rid of inventory.

Ah, ok. So you think they will eventually no longer have "upgraded" amenities as a perk?

Upgraded amenities on Princess, I can truly do without.  On Royal Princess earlier this year, I asked our steward on Day 1 and he said he would have to hunt around.  Finally, found some body lotion.  I quickly asked him if he could at least get me the Blue Bag.  He said.  Oh, we are low on those.  We finally ended up with one bathrobe.    Amenities everywhere are going down hill.  We used to love the great little packages we would get on Cathay Pacific, and Singapore Airlines in First and Business Class.  My husband still used a black leather toiletery bag from Singapore Airlines that I he got moons ago.   

On 1/27/2020 at 8:04 AM, fishin' musician said:

The soap bars are now half as thick as they used to be!  

I bring my own bar of soap, shampoo and conditioner.

Don't care for the liquid/gel stuff they provide.

I was on the Royal this week and there were no upgraded bathroom amenities. I asked for the gold bag and they said they were out of them. I asked for a conditioner without the bag since I didn't bring any since ( it's always been in the bathroom ) they said they ran out.  Princess knows how many elites and suites they have on every sailing so why don't they order what they advertise in their literature. Upgraded bathroom amenities for elites and suites is just advertising. 

6 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I was on the Royal this week and there were no upgraded bathroom amenities. I asked for the gold bag and they said they were out of them. I asked for a conditioner without the bag since I didn't bring any since ( it's always been in the bathroom ) they said they ran out.  Princess knows how many elites and suites they have on every sailing so why don't they order what they advertise in their literature. Upgraded bathroom amenities for elites and suites is just advertising. 

If this happens to me I will be visiting the Captain Circle staff with a copy of the elite benefits.

I hope you did.

On 1/21/2020 at 3:59 PM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

This is what I received on my September and my October cruise...

E7DFF3D6-D87F-4D9E-9B8D-694B9B7E6679.jpeg

This is what we received on the Ruby Princess this year (without the mitt). We received everything in the photo on the Majestic last week, and 2 sleeping masks were also included.

On 1/26/2020 at 6:19 PM, OCruisers said:

That's what we got on our last cruise too.  

Just got off the Regal Sunday.  We've always gotten what was pictured.  There was nothing.  I went down to guest services and asked (just curious because never really used anything in the bag) and was told they stopped them a couple of months ago.

We did have bar soap.

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2020 at 9:35 PM, dog said:

In another forum, people on the Sky right now are saying they got nothing.

I was on a b2b in January in 2 different cabins. First half I was told they ran out.  But I could get a lip balm if I wanted one.  The second half I got, as well as my non elite cabin mate, a lip balm and a shower cap placed on the bed.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/18/2020 at 12:49 PM, Sarah Jane Smith said:

This is what we received on the Ruby Princess this year (without the mitt). We received everything in the photo on the Majestic last week, and 2 sleeping masks were also included.

CORRECTION: on both cruises it was another tube of "lotion" not conditioner.