Live From the Sky Princess B2B January 25 - February 8, 2020

Woobstr112G

An early good evening from the Sky Princess.  We departed Grand Cayman about an hour ago.  Holli was under the weather so she stayed in the cabin.  I took the tender into town and just walked around town for a bit and took some pictures.  Prior to heading back to the ship, I stopped off at Margaritaville and indulged in what they have to offer.  Since Holli isn't feeling well, we may indulge in the suite perk of ordering from the MDR menu fo dinner ensuite.  Other than that, not much else planned.  

Tomorrow we will be in Roatan Honduras.  We have a sail/snorkel excursion planned that I am looking forward to.  

Tonight's entertainment in the Princess Theater is Brent & Sarah's Comedy & Magic Show at 2000 and 2200.  MUTS today showed Cirque du Soleil Delirium, a Cheryl Crow Concert (2003), Hall & Oats Live in Dublin, and the Movie Judy.

That's all for now; I'll check in later.

Hope all are well.....😊😊😊

Bob

• Like 1

Hi Bob ..I do hope Holli feels better tomorrow ,we board on 15th and are on the count down.

I think I read somewhere the bedside lamps have a USB port ..not sure if that is true and wonder if you could confirm.

I must say I did enjoy Movies on the Lido deck in the evening but I guess with the new TV choices they do more concerts now .

Enjoy the rest of your cruise .

17 minutes ago, DUCHESSRN said:

I think I read somewhere the bedside lamps have a USB port ..not sure if that is true and wonder if you could confirm.

They do, but it's not best practice to use them.  USB ports available just about everywhere offer unscrupulous characters an easy method for installing spyware on attached devices.  Best to use your own charging block and cable to charge your device.

Good morning all from the Sky Princess (0501 local time).  We got an hour back last night so you’d think I would have got more sleep.  Nope, body told me it was time to get up at 0430.  Right now I,m sitting outside the World Fresh Market Place near the aft pool.

It is noticeably more humid today as we near Roatan. I’m sure once the sun comes up, the heat will also start.  Today’s we are scheduled to do a coastal sail & snorkel cruise.  I’m going to check wit Holli in a couple of hours to see how she is feeling.

Got some good news yesterday in that “EZ-Check” will be available at the end of the cruise when we disembark in Fort Lauderdale.  It will be so nice not seeing the luggage until we get to LAX.  A little later today I’m going to order the car service to take us to Miami airport.  I always pay a little extra to hire a private car when we travel to Miami.  We both find it more comfortable than the usual bus ride.

Well that’s all for now.  

I’ll check in later.

Hope all are well.....😊😊😊

Bob

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GOODIES said:

Bob

Is there any 110 outlets near the beds on the princess ships for a cpap machine 

Royal caribbean has it on there newer ships

I’m not sure about other cabins and their configurations, but we are in a PH suite on Riviera Deck and there is one on the side of the bed near the vanity.  We have som friends onboard that are in balcony cabins.  I will check with them later to see about their cabins.....

Bob

11 hours ago, -Lew- said:

They do, but it's not best practice to use them.  USB ports available just about everywhere offer unscrupulous characters an easy method for installing spyware on attached devices.  Best to use your own charging block and cable to charge your device.

Lew;

Thanks for the heads up.  I never thought about it in that light...

Bob

7327EF2B-B25D-4080-A6D4-AFA18EC258E2.thumb.jpeg.9577f3907ca3dc5c900e861f81326307.jpeg

Sorry about the non cruise post, a but proud papa has to brag.  The pet hotel where Bailey is staying at sent us this picture on Sunday.  It’s hard to believe he’s only 20 weeks old. We both can’t wait to see him on Sunday......😊😊😊

Bob

• Like 14

Regarding the usb port near the bed.  I charge my iphone and ipad and have never had any usb port in hotels and ships install spyware.  Apple has the best security for their products.  I am aircrew member and stay in over 200 hotels a year.  Never had an issue with usb ports.  Have fun out there.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, DUCHESSRN said:

Hi Bob ..I do hope Holli feels better tomorrow ,we board on 15th and are on the count down.

I must say I did enjoy Movies on the Lido deck in the evening but I guess with the new TV choices they do more concerts now .

Enjoy the rest of your cruise .

Yes they do . I kept my devices charged there 24/7 for my Med and TA cruise on her.

Very convenient.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

We are in the process of docking at Roatan (1021 hrs local time).....😊😊😊

Bob

Someone was asking  in an earlier post that’s cruising on the sky soon, is Roatan local time and ship time the same? Apparently they have a tour outside of Princess that they’re trying to coordinate. 

I show that Roatan is 9:35 AM local time right now. 

8 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Someone was asking  in an earlier post that’s cruising on the sky soon, is Roatan local time and ship time the same? Apparently they have a tour outside of Princess that they’re trying to coordinate. 

I show that Roatan is 9:35 AM local time right now. 

I will check when I get off the ship.....

Bob

15 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

She’s still a little down & out.  Da#n diverticulitis flare up.....

Bob

So sorry Bob tell Holli  I get flares have many right now severe psoriasis ! I know does not sound bad but right now I cannot comfortably wear pants! Thankful I am retired...lol Don't think they would like me there  without! 

Bob are you an LEO? I am retired Campus Police officer ,My son is a state Trooper! BTW in the northeast they don't give us that fancy watch either ..more like don't let the door hit ya on the way out! Use up that sick time in my state they will pay you 20 percent in cash ..,ummm no thanks I will take 100 percent for the next six months ! My Pulmonologist told me to retire a long time ago! BTW he is on their staff !Tell Holli i hope she feels 

better

🙂

Edited by Reader0108598

39 minutes ago, Reader0108598 said:

So sorry Bob tell Holli  I get flares have many right now severe psoriasis ! I know does not sound bad but right now I cannot comfortably wear pants! Thankful I am retired...lol Don't think they would like me there  without! 

Bob are you an LEO? I am retired Campus Police officer ,My son is a state Trooper! BTW in the northeast they don't give us that fancy watch either ..more like don't let the door hit ya on the way out! Use up that sick time in my state they will pay you 20 percent in cash ..,ummm no thanks I will take 100 percent for the next six months ! My Pulmonologist told me to retire a long time ago! BTW he is on their staff !Tell Holli i hope she feels 

better

🙂

I will soon be a retired LEO.  March 5th will be 39 year anniversary as a Los Angeles County Deputy Sheriff.  My last day of work is March 27th, 2020......

Bob

• Like 6

Hi, Bob, You probably haven't had time/interest, but would you happen to know if the in-room TV has free movies, streaming on demand? Royal and Regal have this option, but I wonder about Sky . . . if they make you pay for it. Thanks! Brian

18 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

I will soon be a retired LEO.  March 5th will be 39 year anniversary as a Los Angeles County Deputy Sheriff.  My last day of work is March 27th, 2020......

Bob

• Bob happy Retirement! Just know you are going to feel lost at first.. It will even out ... 🙂!  Stay safe until then! 
  •  I only had 25 years health took over! Hope my son retires early he should open a gym he is there every day 
  • \I am thankful that he boxed as a kid and for our state police! Comes in handy when you have to get into it! He is now 40 but still better shape than some of the kids! 🙂
Edited by Reader0108598

17 minutes ago, CenTexan said:

Hi, Bob, You probably haven't had time/interest, but would you happen to know if the in-room TV has free movies, streaming on demand? Royal and Regal have this option, but I wonder about Sky . . . if they make you pay for it. Thanks! Brian

The Sky has the free movies on demand same as her sister ships.

22 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

Bob

LE fam as well. 

congrats on your retirement!

• Like 1