Live From the Sky Princess B2B January 25 - February 8, 2020

Woobstr112G

9 minutes ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

Beautiful dog...we love our Goldens!!  Great review of your trip...thanks for taking your time to do this!

My son has one when the GS was very little he fell asleep draped across Sammie ! They were both laying down Sammie never moved until he woke up she took a nap herself ! It was so sweet! Could not ask for a better dog for the kids! Although she is a beggar son puts her out on her leed huge yard to run in, when they have company then she stares through the sliding glass door until he shuts the blinds...lol 

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1

Good morning (0634 local time) from the Sky Princess.  We are still sailing towards Cozumel.  It is still dark outside due to loosing an hour last night due to time change.  A little while later, Holli & I plan to enjoy Sabatini's for breakfast.  Later on this afternoon we have a sailing excursion planned.  This will also be a late day in Cozumel as we do not sail until shortly after 2100.  

Yesterday in Belize, Holli & I just got off the ship and walked around a bit.  Unless you are on an excursion, there really isn't much to do right off the ship other than shopping and drinking.  I did keep my streak alive though by finding a Diamonds International store amongst the offerings.  

Last night was our second and final formal night for the cruise.  It was nice getting dressed up in my suit for dinner.  Not the same as a tux, but still nice.  We ate in the MDR with some of our CC friends.  The company was great and the food was very good.  After dinner both Holli and I were quite tired so we returned to our cabin and made it an early evening.

The entertainment offering in the Theater last night was the production show 5 Skies at 2000 and 2200.  Throughout the day yesterday, MUTS showed Cirque du Soleil Alegria, a Sol3 Mio (Never heard of them) Concert, a Sting concert in Berlin, a Mumford & Sons Concert, and the movie Farewall.

Well, that's all for now.  I will check in later.

Hope all are well.....😊😊😊

Bob  

• Like 3

Greetings all.  Wow is it crowded in Puerta Maya today.  I’m out and about with passengers from the Carnival Horizon, Carnival Fantasy, Independence OTS, and Celebrity Edge.  The Breakaway is docked a ways away from us & I haven’t seen the HAL ship that’s also supposed to be in port.  A veritable sea of humanity......😮😮😮

Bob

• Like 1

When we were on the January 4th Sky sailing,  we had the same number of ships including Edge, Independence and two Carnival ships. One ship actually tendered due to lack of a dock. We did get off and at first it was a madhouse but the crowds thinned. They have not lost a beat. Los Cinco Soles, a favorite was there as well as Pancho's Backyard. We had a great lunch and wandered around the shops. We have been to Cozumel 10+ times so did not plan anything else. I imagine all of the A1's were packed. Great cruise for sure and we were sorry Cozumel was our last port and then back to reality.

Bob, this is the first time for following your cruises.  You and Holli sound like delightful folks who would be great cruise companions.

Is cruising your main vacation choice; seems you could afford to do almost any guided tour you chose.

Hope to see you on board some day!

Hi Bob,

For some reason I have not been getting your posts this week in my email--evening though it says I am "following them."  So I thought your mishap in Ft. Lauderdale had you sidelined.  Sorry to hear about Holli, though. That is a bummer.  

Thanks for the update on the local/ship time.  I know you just walked around Mahogany Bay, but did you happen to go up to the road and beyond the checkpoint to where the independent tours start?  I would like to know how long it would take with the incline.  I'm fine with it, but my husband doesn't think he can go quickly up the incline to meet the tour.  So I may need to change it to another time around noon.  (But he's afraid he will miss a meal.  LOL)  If you might remember, he just wants to stay on the ship--so unlike us in our many world adventures--but.........

Your pictures are stunning.  Hope our skies are that beautiful.  Just hoping to get some beautiful WARM sun!  Today it was 23 here with schools either on a delay or closed due to snow.  Took me 40 min. to make a 20 minute trip. 

An early good morning (0600 hours local time) from the Sky Princess.  Sorry for not checking in last night, but as with the previous day, I was tired and pretty much fell asleep as soon as we got back  to the cabin after dinner. 

Well the dreaded day is here.  Last full day on the ship😥 before the end of this wonderful cruise.  I always get a little melancholy at this point on all my cruises.  It will good to get home and see our Bailey, but all the same it will be a little disappointing to have to disembark tomorrow morning.  

A little later Holli and I plan to have breakfast in Sabatini's for most likely the last time.  It will actually be open tomorrow for suite passenger (for breakfast) but we are not sure we'll be dining there.  Sabatini's continues to be our favorite suite perk albeit we didn't get to enjoy it as much this cruise as on previous voyages.  After breakfast, it's the expected packing rituals.  Later this early afternoon, we plan to meet our friends for a final round of LCR games.  Later this afternoon we hope to finish our packing before joining them for a final farewell dinner in the MDR.  

The entertainment offerings last night in the Princess Theater was a Mexican Folkorico Festival at 1800 and 2000.  MUTS showed Cirque du Soleil Delirium, The Who concert (2017), and a UB40 concert.  The movie "Joker" was shown in the Vista lounge.  The rest of the entertainment offerings were too numerous to mention.  For those who may be interested, I will be uploading all of the patters, along with my pictures, to my Flickr page when we get home.  

In closing this post, I just wanted to say that I have truly enjoyed posting our adventures on this wonderful cruise.  I hope everyone has enjoyed reading of our adventures.  I will probably check in a couple more times before we disembark tomorrow.  Next up, hopefully, is a 14 day R/T, from Los Angeles (San Pedro), to Alaska in May.

That's all for now.

Hope all are well.....😊😊😊

Bob

• Like 4

4 hours ago, gerena said:

Hi Bob,

For some reason I have not been getting your posts this week in my email--evening though it says I am "following them."  So I thought your mishap in Ft. Lauderdale had you sidelined.  Sorry to hear about Holli, though. That is a bummer.  

Thanks for the update on the local/ship time.  I know you just walked around Mahogany Bay, but did you happen to go up to the road and beyond the checkpoint to where the independent tours start?  I would like to know how long it would take with the incline.  I'm fine with it, but my husband doesn't think he can go quickly up the incline to meet the tour.  So I may need to change it to another time around noon.  (But he's afraid he will miss a meal.  LOL)  If you might remember, he just wants to stay on the ship--so unlike us in our many world adventures--but.........

Your pictures are stunning.  Hope our skies are that beautiful.  Just hoping to get some beautiful WARM sun!  Today it was 23 here with schools either on a delay or closed due to snow.  Took me 40 min. to make a 20 minute trip. 

Sorry, I did not notice the independent tour areas.....

Bob

Bob, 

if you said it, I must have missed it. Is Michele Tuvo the Captain of the Ship? Or Captain Bye-bye as he is also known. As you recall, he was the Captain when we did Hawaii. Such a wonderful, personable man.

Take care on your journey home.

Just now, CruisinLow said:

Bob, 

if you said it, I must have missed it. Is Michele Tuvo the Captain of the Ship? Or Captain Bye-bye as he is also known. As you recall, he was the Captain when we did Hawaii. Such a wonderful, personable man.

Take care on your journey home.

Hi Ann.  Captain Tuvo is currently our Captain..,,,

Bob

• Like 2

Thank you for posting your cruise adventures. I know the feel of that last night putting out suitcases and planning the best way off ship. Rest well and enjoy your last night and morning. The best is to plan your next adventure.

We loved this ship and miss it's wonder.

• Like 1

Hi Bob! I watched you all sail in just about now and am happy to see you all safe and sound back in FLL! Thank you for sharing your wonderful time on Sky in the Caribbean. I would love to try Sky out one day and will appreciate all the little snippets I can get until then! Safe travels back home!image.thumb.png.3ceb67b652604701ce54844a060971ee.png

• Like 2

Good morning (0540 local time) from the Sky Princess.  We are in the process of tying up to the dock in Ft. Lauderdale.  Our wonderful cruise has come to an end.  We have to be off the ship by 0830.  Right now, I'm letting Holli catch up on a little sleep as I don't plan to wake her till 0700.  After we get off the ship, we will be taking a ride to Miami airport where we take our flight home.  

While cruising is always nice, it will be great to get home so we can pick up our sweet boy Bailey.  This our first time away from him so Holli is very anxious to pick him up.  The only downer is we will have to wait till tomorrow to get him as we are not scheduled to land at LAX till after 2200 tonight.

Well, that is about all for now.  I will post a message when my pictures will be available for viewing.  I am hoping to have them uploaded by early next week.  Lastly, I just wanted to say one more time that I really enjoyed reporting on my adventures.  Look for me again, hopefully, in May as Holli and I embark on a 14 day cruise to Alaska (R/T from Los Angeles-San Pedro). My next Live From will be coming from a retired person as I only have about 48 days to go......😊😊😊

I wish everyone Fair Winds & A Following Sea.

Bob

• Like 5

1 hour ago, snoozecrooze said:

Hi Bob! I watched you all sail in just about now and am happy to see you all safe and sound back in FLL! Thank you for sharing your wonderful time on Sky in the Caribbean. I would love to try Sky out one day and will appreciate all the little snippets I can get until then! Safe travels back home!image.thumb.png.3ceb67b652604701ce54844a060971ee.png

Did you see me waiving?.....😊😊😊

Bob

• Like 3

10 hours ago, hokiefans said:

Hi Bob,

Thank you for taking time to share your adventures with us!  I am sure you and Holli had a wonderful evening with our mutual friends.  Safe trip home and hope to sail with you soon!

Denise

Hi Denise.  Thanks for the kind words.  We all had dinner last night and it was great to see them one more time before the end of the cruise.  Sorry we won't be with you guys in October.  If you don't have any Fall 2021 plans yet, you might consider the British Isles-T/A  (Crown Princess) that all of us regulars are booked on.

Hope all is well.....😊😊😊

Bob