Carnival's 50 Years of Fun

knowlc

9 hours ago, matymil said:

Debating doing this...its over 2 years away though. Im a planner when it comes to vacay and stuff but even that's to far out for me. 

Haha, I’m the opposite: I can’t possibly plan my vacations far out enough. We cruise twice per year, and thanks to the Sailabration cruises, I now have all my cruises through March of 2022 booked. If fall of 2022 was released, I would be booking that now, too! 😆

3 minutes ago, Cruising_Addict said:

Haha, I’m the opposite: I can’t possibly plan my vacations far out enough. We cruise twice per year, and thanks to the Sailabration cruises, I now have all my cruises through March of 2022 booked. If fall of 2022 was released, I would be booking that now, too! 😆

Ditto

• Like 1

We booked and  Im excited !!!   I think it sounds fun. I'm sure the logistics will be worked out. Not like the wind running a ship into another ship. It's going to be something different I haven't seen before. They are bringing back the huge midnight buffets and other foods. We got our favorite cabin and I'm at sea !!   We have the Panorama in April and NCL Escape in Jan thank goodness because that's a long time to wait.  Anyone else on the Legend? 

9 minutes ago, footballbabe3 said:

They are bringing back the huge midnight buffets and other foods.

carnival journey has a midnight buffet. Ive been on 2 journey cruises and the midnight buffet looks more pretty then tasty. on my previous journey cruise, i did not like any of the food they had at midnight

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

carnival journey has a midnight buffet. Ive been on 2 journey cruises and the midnight buffet looks more pretty then tasty. on my previous journey cruise, i did not like any of the food they had at midnight

Yes, these sound very much like Journey cruises, but most are shorter and more expensive. I think the ship meetup is a draw for many. If there were some unique itineraries, I would maybe consider it. I‘m holding out to hear with the Carnivale or Festivale ( wink wink), will do in the Fall. With the delay of the Mardi Gras, it may not sail until 2023.

• Like 1

What do you hear from your contact JIMBO5544?  Is there more to come yet, I’m not excited for the Meeting of the Ships.  I was hoping for more than a regular itinerary with a “meeting” thrown in......different ports or something actually interesting.  

The 25% Discount from our 2 Mardi Gras cancellations is waiting to be used. 

2 hours ago, lasekeye said:

What do you hear from your contact JIMBO5544?  Is there more to come yet, I’m not excited for the Meeting of the Ships.  I was hoping for more than a regular itinerary with a “meeting” thrown in......different ports or something actually interesting.  

Out of office till Tuesday in vaca

Missing out on the extra $100 pp OBC is an incentive to book by February 18, but if there  are some exciting itineraries still to come, it’s worth the wait.

Any thoughts, anyone, who we can contact to confirm that the “Meeting of the Ships” is the best there is for 50 years of fun?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, lasekeye said:

Missing out on the extra $100 pp OBC is an incentive to book by February 18, but if there  are some exciting itineraries still to come, it’s worth the wait.

Any thoughts, anyone, who we can contact to confirm that the “Meeting of the Ships” is the best there is for 50 years of fun?

Ask John

1 hour ago, lasekeye said:

Tomorrow is the 17th and a national holiday here in the US not that I know if that matters to Carnival but that just give you one more day to get the OBC. I personally think these sailings are it. I think if there was even a slim chance that we’d be getting another email with more sailings certain people on these boards would be saying so. I went ahead and booked a Bermuda cruise. The ship meet ups do nothing for me. I got $200 OBC for the canceled cruise with the 25% FCC and another $200 OBC for a Carnival MasterCard special rate. I’m happy with my outcome. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lasekeye said:

So a lot of people are talking about  waiting for different ports?   Do they have ports the ships don’t stop at that are equipped to handle ships?  Do people think Carnival is making new ports?  I’m just confused what people are speaking of. 

3 hours ago, footballbabe3 said:

So a lot of people are talking about  waiting for different ports?   Do they have ports the ships don’t stop at that are equipped to handle ships?  Do people think Carnival is making new ports?  I’m just confused what people are speaking of. 

Obviously they are not making new ports. Does Carnival go to every port in the Caribbean? Are there combos of ports they do not offer which would be nice? Can they offer Journey like and have special functions not normally offered?

On 2/17/2020 at 3:51 PM, jimbo5544 said:

Obviously they are not making new ports. Does Carnival go to every port in the Caribbean? Are there combos of ports they do not offer which would be nice? Can they offer Journey like and have special functions not normally offered?

This is what I’m asking and trying to figure out.  Are other ports in the Caribbean that can handle cruise ships? 

29 minutes ago, footballbabe3 said:

This is what I’m asking and trying to figure out.  Are other ports in the Caribbean that can handle cruise ships? 

There are some that Carnival sails to less frequently. Central and South America, just need to get creative

On 2/17/2020 at 2:51 PM, jimbo5544 said:

I beg to differ with you jimbo:

"Carnival Corporation has finalized an agreement with the Bahamian government, which will allow them to move forward with two significant projects.

As a result, the company will develop a whole new cruise port destination and make a substantial change to Little San Salvador, home to Holland America Line’s Half Moon Cay."

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-moves-forward-with-two-big-bahamas-projects/

"With cruise lines pouring more money every year into developing the private islands their passengers loved, MSC has revealed new details about Ocean Cay, which will begin welcoming visitors this November."

https://cruiseradio.net/cruise-line-reveals-plans-for-new-private-island/

4 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

I beg to differ with you jimbo:

"Carnival Corporation has finalized an agreement with the Bahamian government, which will allow them to move forward with two significant projects.

As a result, the company will develop a whole new cruise port destination and make a substantial change to Little San Salvador, home to Holland America Line’s Half Moon Cay."

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-moves-forward-with-two-big-bahamas-projects/

"With cruise lines pouring more money every year into developing the private islands their passengers loved, MSC has revealed new details about Ocean Cay, which will begin welcoming visitors this November."

https://cruiseradio.net/cruise-line-reveals-plans-for-new-private-island/

You do not have to beg😃  private island are def not what I was talkin about. While HMC is my fav, this approach its sterilizing cruising stops. 

5 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

You do not have to beg😃  private island are def not what I was talkin about. While HMC is my fav, this approach its sterilizing cruising stops. 

Thank you. I will keep that in mind when you speak in error. The private island concept is the outgrowth of demand of the explosion of new cruisers, and existing cruisers. Those....are the new ports. Apparently this concept is growing as Disney has one as well, as you know. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Jim,

Costa Maya, Grand Turk, Amber Cove, and soon Grand Bahama will be virtually identical and Mahogany Bay isn't too different.   I have always hoped for a pier at Grand Cayman, but I would prefer they leave Half Moon Cay as it is. 
We missed a scheduled stop at Half Moon Cay for the first time last year in October and instead went to Princess Cay (Where we had been the week before) and the excuse was it was due to weather; the weather was perfect at HMC and we got a nice view of it as we left Princess Cay and headed North.  I took some long range pics of what our Cabana should have been.  I don't know that a pier would have been beneficial given that they say navigating to the anchor area is the tricky part.  I guess they'll be building a very long pier or dredging the tricky area to enter the port.
You weren't wrong in there being no new ports; Grand Bahama already has a port as did Roatan; Carnival just chose to be the port and capture profits they were giving to others.  Amber Cove did open up Northern DR and it could be argued that Costa Maya allowed areas of Mexico to be more easily accessed, but I'd still prefer to visit the rustic resort thru the fence at Costa Maya... Both Costa Maya and Amber Cover as well as Mahogany Bay are designed to keep you either in the port area or on Carnival Excursions.

9 hours ago, PaulMedik said:

Jim,

Costa Maya, Grand Turk, Amber Cove, and soon Grand Bahama will be virtually identical and Mahogany Bay isn't too different.   I have always hoped for a pier at Grand Cayman, but I would prefer they leave Half Moon Cay as it is. 
We missed a scheduled stop at Half Moon Cay for the first time last year in October and instead went to Princess Cay (Where we had been the week before) and the excuse was it was due to weather; the weather was perfect at HMC and we got a nice view of it as we left Princess Cay and headed North.  I took some long range pics of what our Cabana should have been.  I don't know that a pier would have been beneficial given that they say navigating to the anchor area is the tricky part.  I guess they'll be building a very long pier or dredging the tricky area to enter the port.
You weren't wrong in there being no new ports; Grand Bahama already has a port as did Roatan; Carnival just chose to be the port and capture profits they were giving to others.  Amber Cove did open up Northern DR and it could be argued that Costa Maya allowed areas of Mexico to be more easily accessed, but I'd still prefer to visit the rustic resort thru the fence at Costa Maya... Both Costa Maya and Amber Cover as well as Mahogany Bay are designed to keep you either in the port area or on Carnival Excursions.

The prodigal son returns, wow where have you been!  Agree on the post