Silhouette refurb

picklejama

38 minutes ago, picklejama said:

Does anyone know when Silhouette refurb is? We are on the March 6 sailing and I can't seem to find out if the revolution is before of after that. Thanks for the help.

She is in drydock now!

@marieps posted this video yesterday of Silhouette arriving at Cadiz and maneuvering into the dry dock: link

Edited by mahdnc

Does anyone know if they are retaining the iLounge?

I am hoping I can upgrade my iPad. The iPad mini which I bought on Eclipse in 2015 has lost its sound, so I am in the market for a replacement. I do hope they will still be selling Apple products.

8 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I am hoping I can upgrade my iPad. The iPad mini which I bought on Eclipse in 2015 has lost its sound, so I am in the market for a replacement. I do hope they will still be selling Apple products.

I would believe they will maintain the ILounge but will not be in the current location.   I noticed that they converted the existing ILounge into 4 inside cabins on the deckplans.

On the M-Class ships they moved it to the lobby but also put an ILounge shop in the shop area. I noticed that on Deck 7 mid ship they renamed The Hideaway  to The Hub (hmm wonder if that is the new ILounge).    It surprised me that they kept the Library that has vanished from other ships.

On the M-

• Like 1

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Just curious as to why you would buy an iPad on a Celebrity cruise vs retailers on land or from Apple directly?  Price?  It seems to me that Celebrity does not give great deals on board at least compared to where I shop.

4 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Just curious as to why you would buy an iPad on a Celebrity cruise vs retailers on land or from Apple directly?  Price?  It seems to me that Celebrity does not give great deals on board at least compared to where I shop.

A way to use up OBC - that’s what I did. And no taxes. 

Edited by wendyam76

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

For what it’s worth, when we were on the Edge I did a mostly day to day posting during the trip and someone asked me to check to see what iPads they had, so I posted photos for them.  Their response was that they were different from what was new and currently out so they presumed they were older models.  Something to consider, perhaps?

1 minute ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

For what it’s worth, when we were on the Edge I did a mostly day to day posting during the trip and someone asked me to check to see what iPads they had, so I posted photos for them.  Their response was that they were different from what was new and currently out so they presumed they were older models.  Something to consider, perhaps?

Often the iLounge does not carry the latest Apple models.

20 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I bought my iPad Mini on Eclipse in 2015, saving 20% VAT. Also, the exchange rate was very favourable , so I was able to get 128gb instead of 32gb. 

You just have to be careful that you do not exceed your personal customs allowance, which is £390 in UK.

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

For residents of many countries (not USA) that have high VAT rates of 18-21% the prices on the ship (which are the same as U.S. retail) may be a very good deal.   Even for U.S. purchasers you would be able avoid Sales Tax if you live in a state with state sales tax.

Edited by Jim_Iain

15 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I bought my iPad Mini on Eclipse in 2015, saving 20% VAT. Also, the exchange rate was very favourable , so I was able to get 128gb instead of 32gb. 

You just have to be careful that you do not exceed your personal customs allowance, which is £390 in UK.

Ok thank you for the information.  I knew there had to be some reasons.

2 minutes ago, HS2BS said:

From the last picture above, it looks like the windows have a new tint(Celebrity blue) to them!

Hal

I believe it is just the paint over spray.   They put plastic over the windows before painting and then remove after the hull is painted.  You might be able to see some over spray on the 3 and 4th window left of the crane.