Drinking Water on Allure of the Seas

Quick question from someone that drinks a lot of water; is there drinking water readily accessible all over the ship or do you need to trek a ways to find any.  Will be bringing big water bottle and would rather not spend $40 on water bottles if it’s gonna take me 20 minutes to go fill up a water bottle somewhere on ship. 

thanks!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, natepuppy11 said:

so there was no where to get drinking water on anthem anywhere other than purchasing bottled water?? 

You can get water at any food venue and bar. The Freestyle machines were in addition to that.

26 minutes ago, natepuppy11 said:

so there was no where to get drinking water on anthem anywhere other than purchasing bottled water?? 

Every single spigot on the ship, offers you water, along with every bar and/or place to eat.  There is never a charge for water.  However, if you want it in a bottle, there is a charge for the sealed bottle.

As for bottled still water it appears that Royal Caribbean will only be carrying only one brand DASANI (by Coke) and it will available only in pop top (beer can) style aluminum cans. 

No longer will there be any of the generic or brand name plastic screw top bottles??

If this is so when we sail in March we will bring along some screw top adapters for cans...

And also we will take more and better advantage of our beverage packages.. LOL

dasani-can-close-up.jpg

soda.png

I drink a lot of water and have never purchased bottled water on a cruise ship. I do bring a sports bottle and fill it with glasses of ice water in the WJ to take on excursions. Otherwise, there are tons of places onboard to get glasses of water. 

• Like 1

No need to purchase bottles as I always bring my bottle with me. To fill up though, use a glass and transfer the water to your bottle. I like to bring a wide bottle so I can put ice in it as well using the same transfer method.

• Like 2

Just got word from someone ON THE GRANDEUR RIGHT NOW.  

Plenty of bottled water in screw top P;LASTIC bottles at the bars on the ship'

I don't know where this DASANI can stuff started, but as of five minutes ago it is hogwash at least on the Grandeur.

3 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Just got word from someone ON THE GRANDEUR RIGHT NOW.  

Plenty of bottled water in screw top P;LASTIC bottles at the bars on the ship'

I don't know where this DASANI can stuff started, but as of five minutes ago it is hogwash at least on the Grandeur.

Could be they want to use up their stock of bottled water. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

We have time to see if this is going to be in effect for all ships.

From what I was told so far only one ship THE VISION OTS is doing the DASANI aluminum beer can thing. 

Edited by boscobeans

4 hours ago, boscobeans said:

As for bottled still water it appears that Royal Caribbean will only be carrying only one brand DASANI (by Coke) and it will available only in pop top (beer can) style aluminum cans. 

No longer will there be any of the generic or brand name plastic screw top bottles??

If this is so when we sail in March we will bring along some screw top adapters for cans...

And also we will take more and better advantage of our beverage packages.. LOL

dasani-can-close-up.jpg

soda.png

Been drinking from plastic bottles for yrs, as most, had forgot about those Can adapters from yrs ago. Thanks

When on a Silver Seas Galapagos cruise we were given a metal screw top water bottle since Galapagos doesn't allow plastic. You could go to the bars or dining room to refill anytime. I realize there is a big difference between a 100 passenger ship and one with thousands so logistics for refilling are different, but by the same token, here's a lot more plastic garbage with thousands of passengers. 

I stopped buying plastic water bottles after that trip. As a side effect i found that stainless steel water bottles are insulted and my ice water stays cold all day. Good for the environment, better for quality of my drinking water, and saves me the cost of cases of water. Win, Win, Win.

Environmental pollution is real. We each need to do what we can to decrease the damage we are doing to the planet. Certainly cruise companies should be able to get equipment to refill bottles. 

• Like 2

On 1/29/2020 at 3:40 AM, cgags47 said:

It's the same water that's served at the restaurant, and also in your toilet.

Most cruise ship water is desalinated sea water. The process usually involves steam evaporation -- essentially turning saltwater into distilled water. Minerals may be added for flavor and chlorinated for extra safety. Some ships, which may include long boats, are fitted with a reverse-osmosis system for filtering and/or desalination. All water on ships is from the same source. However, there are no standardized criteria for bottling companies. Personally I prefer to use the tap water over unknown sources for bottled water.