Contact Email for Celebrity (for complaint)

Definitas

I have been the recent recipient of some pretty shabby treatment by Celebrity and would like to email someone who can look i to my issue and provide a meaningful reply. Does anyone have an email address for someone in the management chain? Thanks

11 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

If you don’t like the treatment you received from Celebrity, cancel your B2B.   This would be much more effective than sending an email about Celebrity wanting to charge you $400 to change cabins so you won’t need to move between cruises.    

Thank you for that piece of gratuitous advice 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

Its a case of supply and demand -- prices fluctuate it happens to us all even after 23 Celebrity cruises.,

That I understand and I wouldn’t normally be too bothered. However, the cruise is not very full and so the veranda categories in question are now for sale on a guarantee basis so they could easily have swapped us over. They could even potentially make more money by reselling our C2 on the hump and leaving us in the 1A. Sadly, it is a case of “computer says no”. I’m also a believer in pointing these things out in the hope that things may change and someone else may benefit (its too late for us as the cabin has since been taken). I won’t hold my breath though 😂

2 hours ago, MacH said:

That I understand and I wouldn’t normally be too bothered. However, the cruise is not very full and so the veranda categories in question are now for sale on a guarantee basis so they could easily have swapped us over. They could even potentially make more money by reselling our C2 on the hump and leaving us in the 1A. Sadly, it is a case of “computer says no”. I’m also a believer in pointing these things out in the hope that things may change and someone else may benefit (its too late for us as the cabin has since been taken). I won’t hold my breath though 😂

If computer says no, what does human say?

Even if you have to go up the 'food chain'?

bon voyage

1 minute ago, Bo1953 said:

If computer says no, what does human say?

Even if you have to go up the 'food chain'?

bon voyage

I have no idea. Sometimes we are pleasantly surprised by our fellow man. However, on the premise that, if you don't ask - you don’t get, I asked. 

I complained to RCCL once and received a credit on next cruise.  I assume X would do the same.  Cancelling a cruise without communication of issues and reason does not give them any reason to react or even care.  I always believe you give them a chance to make it right and if they don't then let your money ( the removal of) do the talking.  

• Like 2

I would call back and talk to someone else and then if they still had issues doing the swap for no charge, ask to speak to a supervisor.  "Computer says no" sometimes means that the person in front of it may not know how to do it or may not have the authority to do it.  An email about it is likely to get a "sorry for the inconvenience" type of response because technically there's nothing they have to do about it at all.  Would be better to exhaust your call center options first.

15 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

If you don’t like the treatment you received from Celebrity, cancel your B2B.   This would be much more effective than sending an email about Celebrity wanting to charge you $400 to change cabins so you won’t need to move between cruises.    

I disagree.  If you simply cancel the cruise, it is just one more book and cancel.  They get thousands of these all the time. The email is the best way to start the complaint process.  Telling them on the phone about your complaint is OK but a written letter to the president of the company is the best way to go.

• Like 2

I have had cause to complain in the past via Social media, when emails got no response:

a) I was getting e mails telling I would soon be going on a cruise and suggestions that I should book my dinning. I was not going on a cruise at that time. The final straw was when I was told that the invoice was due to be paid. After using the social media route I had an immediate call to tell me that email addresses had been mixed up, for someone who had the same first name as me, She lived in LA, I live in UK.

b). I cancelled a cruise and knew I would loose my deposit, as we do in UK. What I objected to was being charged for the flight, no where was that T&C in writing. I again used Social media to complain and had a phone call from Miami, saying that ‘ on this occasion, ‘ I wouldn’t be charged.

c) I was checking that my points had been added after a cruise. I was appalled to see that I had 0 points, even though I am Elite. It also didn’t recognise my C.C number. I rang the UK office, to be told that it takes up to 10 days for points to be added ( my husband’s were correct). So, once again, I complained via Social Media. Within 2 hours I had a phone call from Miami, to say that the error was because my DOB was entered incorrectly ( we use, day month ,year in UK, as opposed to month, day, year in USA) My points were immediately corrected. They could apparently see the correct points on their system.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dadofjessie said:

I disagree.  If you simply cancel the cruise, it is just one more book and cancel.  They get thousands of these all the time. The email is the best way to start the complaint process.  Telling them on the phone about your complaint is OK but a written letter to the president of the company is the best way to go.

I would be surprised if an email sent to the CEO is actually read by the CEO. Large businesses tend to have secretaries who screen email and then send them to the proper department for response. A call receives an immediate response. You need to note the time of the call and person or persons  you spoke to. The personal touch t you can get from a call to a human being can sometimes result in their going the extra steps to help you.

8 minutes ago, Life Buoy said:

I would be surprised if an email sent to the CEO is actually read by the CEO. Large businesses tend to have secretaries who screen email and then send them to the proper department for response. A call receives an immediate response. You need to note the time of the call and person or persons  you spoke to. The personal touch t you can get from a call to a human being can sometimes result in their going the extra steps to help you.

While I agree that the CEO would not normally read an email complaint, I can tell you from personal experience that such an email can nevertheless have positive results. In 2013, DW and I had the classic beverage package as a perk, but for reasons that are still unclear to me, the ship wouldn't honour the perk. The front desk staff were most understanding and communicated with Miami, but all to no avail.

Upon our return, I wrote to then president and CEO Michael Bayley. As fully anticipated, I received a response from an assistant, not CEO Bayley himself, and after a further exchange of emails, we were given two beverage packages for any future cruise, plus $200 OBC for our trouble.

In my experience, a well crafted letter or email can be every bit as effective as a phone call.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Going straight to the top has downsides, too: what if the person who is reading/answering doesn't really understand what you want, and the outcome isn't what you were expecting?  That's the final word on the issue because if the CEO's office is saying "no," then that's your final answer.  So many times we see people come on Cruise Critic and are irate after one interaction with a phone operator who is poorly trained or doesn't understand the question without giving someone else the opportunity to step in.  If you get told "no" by a supervisor, then move up the food chain.  Otherwise, you risk exhausting all of your options immediately. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bEwAbG said:

Going straight to the top has downsides, too: what if the person who is reading/answering doesn't really understand what you want, and the outcome isn't what you were expecting?  That's the final word on the issue because if the CEO's office is saying "no," then that's your final answer.  So many times we see people come on Cruise Critic and are irate after one interaction with a phone operator who is poorly trained or doesn't understand the question without giving someone else the opportunity to step in.  If you get told "no" by a supervisor, then move up the food chain.  Otherwise, you risk exhausting all of your options immediately. 

A thoughtfully crafted letter or email will never leave the reader confused as to its meaning; it will be clear, concise and to the point.

On the issue of not starting at the top, if you reread my post, you will see that the issue was discussed in person with Guest Services, and that they in turn discussed the issue with HQ in Miami, so I definitely didn't start at the top. Nevertheless, I find that the lower the level, the more likely it is that employees are going to go by what they believe to be policy and either not recognize that there can be room for interpretation, or don't have the authority to make exceptions. Sometimes it is simply quicker and more productive to aim higher to begin with.

Yes, so often we see irate posters, and their attitude is probably reflected in their phone calls or emails to Celebrity. I suspect they might get a "no" at any level, no matter what their method of communication. A polite, non-aggressive approach wins hands down. 

If the OP's complaint was about one of the ubiquitous minibar post-cruise charges, I wouldn't recommend writing to the CEO, but in this case, I think it's a viable option.

35 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

OP, are you sure that the stateroom that you want to remain in isn't already assigned to another passenger on the second half of your B2B?

Yes, I was sure when I raised the question (and that was subsequently confirmed). Sadly, it is no longer available so the opportunity has passed

21 hours ago, Fouremco said:

While I agree that the CEO would not normally read an email complaint, I can tell you from personal experience that such an email can nevertheless have positive results. In 2013, DW and I had the classic beverage package as a perk, but for reasons that are still unclear to me, the ship wouldn't honour the perk. The front desk staff were most understanding and communicated with Miami, but all to no avail.

Upon our return, I wrote to then president and CEO Michael Bayley. As fully anticipated, I received a response from an assistant, not CEO Bayley himself, and after a further exchange of emails, we were given two beverage packages for any future cruise, plus $200 OBC for our trouble.

In my experience, a well crafted letter or email can be every bit as effective as a phone call.

My experience is that it doesn't matter if the email is read by the actual CEO, they don't like getting complaints directly to them and usually, someone from their office or someone at a higher level at customer service will get back in touch.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2020 at 12:17 PM, Fouremco said:

Michael Bayley was an incredible CEO and boss. He empowered our social media team to reach out to guests, collect information, and to ensure that our guests were happy. He allowed us to create a dedicated email address to collect messages from Cruise Critic (we had no other way to receive messages), and some of you may remember the email address concerns [at] celebrity.com.

Sadly, things went downhill when LLP took over. She hired an inexperienced CTO, and the first thing he did was dismantle our social media team. 

Not sure what things are like nowadays as I haven't been with the company in years, but it will never hurt to send an email that highlights the issues, and to see if a remedy is necessary. Between lobster gate, the changes to the Aqua package, I remember many issues, and trying to solve as many as possible. I wish you luck!

LLP will most likely never read your email. The first thing she did was to remove any form of contact. Michael actually had a dedicated email that was screened by his staff, but I'm sure he read some of them if necessary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m not at all impressed with LLP. I’m an elite cruiser that went all the way to Singapore for the Feb 1 Millennium cruise. It cost us  a lot of our money for 2 days in Singapore. Only getting cruise credit for there 1 day notice of changes and no direct response from 3 emails sent to LLP. I’m glad she doesn’t work for a company I own.

On 2/5/2020 at 2:32 PM, Fouremco said:

A thoughtfully crafted letter or email will never leave the reader confused as to its meaning; it will be clear, concise and to the point.

On the issue of not starting at the top, if you reread my post, you will see that the issue was discussed in person with Guest Services, and that they in turn discussed the issue with HQ in Miami, so I definitely didn't start at the top. Nevertheless, I find that the lower the level, the more likely it is that employees are going to go by what they believe to be policy and either not recognize that there can be room for interpretation, or don't have the authority to make exceptions. Sometimes it is simply quicker and more productive to aim higher to begin with.

Yes, so often we see irate posters, and their attitude is probably reflected in their phone calls or emails to Celebrity. I suspect they might get a "no" at any level, no matter what their method of communication. A polite, non-aggressive approach wins hands down. 

If the OP's complaint was about one of the ubiquitous minibar post-cruise charges, I wouldn't recommend writing to the CEO, but in this case, I think it's a viable option.

" A polite, non-aggressive approach wins hands down ".

Excellent point-- works every time -- 

After 30 yrs in the Service Industry I can tell you ---- most people don't know how to complain the right way or complain to the wrong person. 

Complaining to GR about your room steward might ( ?? ) result in the bag tags being removed from your luggage on debarkation. 

On our recent cruise in December I noticed a charge ( $ 94 ) on my Visa which was for mini bar charges.

One '' polite " phone call to Customer Service was all it took and it was reversed.  

• Like 1