RC Oasis of the Seas. Wow bands

SimGuy

What I noticed with the wow bands is that if your drinking at a table or far from the wow receiver you still have to take the band off and give it to the waiter or bartender so what’s the point?     

25 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

What I noticed with the wow bands is that if your drinking at a table or far from the wow receiver you still have to take the band off and give it to the waiter or bartender so what’s the point?     

That's just one use case, for others, it may make more sense.

Wow bands are an idea who's time has not come.  On our Harmony sailing last month we never bothered with them and didn't see any situation where they would have been any easier than just using our card.

2 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

As a person who usually has no pockets onboard- the point is I don’t have to worry about where to put my card 🙂

9 hours ago, clochette said:

I love the wow bands, I often wear clothes without pockets and it is great not to have to worry about where to put a seapass.  I find them very convenient.

Ditto.  It's why even though I'm not going to be a suite guest on my Oasis sailing this summer, I will be looking into getting one of them.

It will also be nice by the pool. 

Question - can they be used to leave the ship?  Would be handy at the beach too.

1 minute ago, essgee_ca said:

Ditto.  It's why even though I'm not going to be a suite guest on my Oasis sailing this summer, I will be looking into getting one of them.

It will also be nice by the pool. 

Question - can they be used to leave the ship?  Would be handy at the beach too.

You must use your seapass to leave the ship. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

On 2/4/2020 at 7:29 PM, SimGuy said:

Do all suites guests get these placed in their rooms on embarkation day or do you have to go to Guest Services?

Where do you purchase WOW bands if you are not a suite guest?  Can you go to somewhere less crowded than Guest Services?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, kt2e said:

Where do you purchase WOW bands if you are not a suite guest?  Can you go to somewhere less crowded than Guest Services?

Thanks in advance!

Sometimes on boarding day they will have a designated spot such as Boleros but this isn't consistent.  Guest Services is more of a safe bet.

Had Wow bands our first cruise. They seem like a good idea but were not for us. Husband didn't like the feel of it on his wrist probably because he was wearing it in addition to a wrist watch. I don't normally wear things on my wrists and kept forgetting it. Luckily husband kept my card in his wallet with his own.