Lobster

Honeybe

8 hours ago, FSHLOT said:

Is it just me, or does that look a little under  cooked? I love lobster,  but i dont like raw lobster...lol

I know theres a fine line between over cooked and under cooked. Maybe it's just the pic doing the meal no justice.

You can serve that meal to me anytime!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, FSHLOT said:

Is it just me, or does that look a little under  cooked? I love lobster,  but i dont like raw lobster...lol

I know theres a fine line between over cooked and under cooked. Maybe it's just the pic doing the meal no justice.

It was great, and for the record, way more than 5 bites

• Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 6:47 PM, coevan said:

MDR uses Spiney lobster, Steakhouse serves Maine lobster, also equal to 4 MDR lobsters. Maine lobster would be way to expensive for the masses

If they are Spiney lobsters, how come the mdr menu says Maine Lobster?

3 hours ago, linbobky said:

If they are Spiney lobsters, how come the mdr menu says Maine Lobster?

I think the discussion might be about two different lobster served in MDR.  Were you asking about the extra fee lobster that is available in the MDR?  They might be different than the spiny lobster served on "lobster" elegant night as a complimentary dish.

1 hour ago, pacruise804 said:

I think the discussion might be about two different lobster served in MDR.  Were you asking about the extra fee lobster that is available in the MDR?  They might be different than the spiny lobster served on "lobster" elegant night as a complimentary dish.

it says Maine lobster on the regular menu. not trying to stir up anything. is carnival trying to fool people?

Under Steakhouse Selections, with a $20 surcharge, you can get Broiled Maine Lobster Tail or Surf & Turf (which includes Maine Lobster). It took a bit of searching, and you are right that the American Feast menu which includes Spaghetti Carbonara also lists Broiled Maine Lobster Tail (and doesn't have it available on the Steakhouse Selections for that night).

I don't know if Carnival is intentionally misleading passengers, but I would be surprised if one night per cruise they offered at no charge unlimited amounts of something they charge $20 for any other time.  I can say their Carbonara is closer to Alfredo - traditional Carbonara has neither garlic nor cream.

I apologize for any confusion I gave - I didn't realize the American Feast menu stated Maine until I searched it.

20 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

Under Steakhouse Selections, with a $20 surcharge, you can get Broiled Maine Lobster Tail or Surf & Turf (which includes Maine Lobster). It took a bit of searching, and you are right that the American Feast menu which includes Spaghetti Carbonara also lists Broiled Maine Lobster Tail (and doesn't have it available on the Steakhouse Selections for that night).

I don't know if Carnival is intentionally misleading passengers, but I would be surprised if one night per cruise they offered at no charge unlimited amounts of something they charge $20 for any other time.  I can say their Carbonara is closer to Alfredo - traditional Carbonara has neither garlic nor cream.

I apologize for any confusion I gave - I didn't realize the American Feast menu stated Maine until I searched it.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Buckimion said:

20190909_183318.jpg.6c6abfb345ca91faf2af

My wife's steakhouse surf & turf last September on Valor trying to hide behind the tomato. About 3 bites of each.

What does the menu say about the combo for size?  If it were any farther away in the pic it would be a different time zone. 

On 2/5/2020 at 6:35 AM, FSHLOT said:

I hope not, but if thats the case, might as well go to the steakhouse that night!! 👍

I went to the Steakhouse on the PANORAMA a couple of weeks ago, ordered the lobster as I always do, and voila! one of the worst I've ever had on Carnival. Tiny with a couple of jumbo shrimp thrown in to "ease the pain". Small half lobster. I was embarrassed for them. Terrible. Great service though and even tipped the waitress $15 who tried so hard to make it a great event. It's steaks from now on. 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, glrounds said:

I went to the Steakhouse on the PANORAMA a couple of weeks ago, ordered the lobster as I always do, and voila! one of the worst I've ever had on Carnival. Tiny with a couple of jumbo shrimp thrown in to "ease the pain". Small half lobster. I was embarrassed for them. Terrible. Great service though and even tipped the waitress $15 who tried so hard to make it a great event. It's steaks from now on. 🙂

I have varied a time or two, but for me, ribeye wins every day

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glrounds said:

I am not trying to be condescending, but if you are going to a steakhouse, logic suggests you should order a steak.  I think your last line says it best....it’s steak from now on. 

On 2/7/2020 at 2:54 PM, pacruise804 said:

Have you ever tried their chicken fried steak? 

8 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I am not trying to be condescending, but if you are going to a steakhouse, logic suggests you should order a steak.  I think your last line says it best....it’s steak from now on. 

No sides or desserts or apps either. Only steak because it's a steakhouse. Maybe water, if its bottled.