Problem receiving notifications

I have noticed in the last couple of weeks that I am not receiving my email notifications for threads that I am following.  When on CC website I have alert of notifications indicated by the bell but my email notifications are not coming. I have verified my email address, my subscriptions and I don’t know what has happened. Any help?

9 minutes ago, Dixe Lee said:

I have noticed in the last couple of weeks that I am not receiving my email notifications for threads that I am following.  When on CC website I have alert of notifications indicated by the bell but my email notifications are not coming. I have verified my email address, my subscriptions and I don’t know what has happened. Any help?

Perhaps your email provider bounced an email Cruise Critic sent to you so that is why you stopped receiving emails. Not sure how many email notifications you are receiving per day or at a time but it could be your email provider is aggressive to prevent spam, and thinking that multiple emails in a row would be spam they bounce one.  Once one of the Cruise Critic emails is bounced, then Cruise Critic stops sending your notification emails.

One thing you can do is to please make sure you have the address  cruisecritic@invisioncloudcommunity.com white listed and/or on your safe senders list & in your Address Book contacts.

Also, please email help@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record and mention your user name. Explain the possible bouncing situation and ask if anything can be done by Cruise Critic.

Good luck! 🍀

Host Kat emo32.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2020 at 1:45 PM, Host Kat said:

I am also having the same problem and have tried resetting my notifications to no avail. Thanks to this post,  I have added cruisecritic@invisioncloudcommunity.com  and I sent an email to "Help" this evening and hope they can help.  

5 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

I am also having the same problem and have tried resetting my notifications to no avail. Thanks to this post,  I have added cruisecritic@invisioncloudcommunity.com  and I sent an email to "Help" this evening and hope they can help.  

And good luck to you too! 🍀

Host Kat emo32.gif

5 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

I get notified for one of the three roll calls I belong to. I cannot remember how to set up the notification  request so have not been able to reset them. Please let me know how to do it.

Maureen.

See the following pinned threads at the top of the first page of threads in this forum:

Hope this will be satisfactory!

Host Kat emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny laptop keys!

2 hours ago, Host Kat said:

See the following pinned threads at the top of the first page of threads in this forum:

Hope this will be satisfactory!

Host Kat emo32.gif

Thanks. I did in fact find a notification page and am hoping yhat it will work this time. We will see.

2 hours ago, Host Kat said:

14 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

Thanks. I did in fact find a notification page and am hoping yhat it will work this time. We will see.

Hope so too! emo34.gif 

Host Kat emo32.gif

• 2 months later...

I have had this problem of not receiving email notifications for the past couple of days now.   I haven’t found any in the automatic spam folder, so I don’t know if yahoo mail has bounced any back.

Any suggestions to get them started again for threads I follow?

45 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I have had this problem of not receiving email notifications for the past couple of days now.   I haven’t found any in the automatic spam folder, so I don’t know if yahoo mail has bounced any back.

Same thing is happening to me and several other on one of the boards I follow.  Nothing in my spam folder, already went in and re-set my settings....still nothing.  Please help!

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

33 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Same thing is happening to me and several other on one of the boards I follow.  Nothing in my spam folder, already went in and re-set my settings....still nothing.  Please help!

First of all, did y'all read How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings? All I can add is the following info:

Regarding Notifications, first make sure you are logged in with your user name & password. Click your user name located over the Search bubble on the upper right. Next click Account Settings. Under Other Settings click Notification Settings. On the next page to appear look through the various settings in both the Notification Settings at the top & Notification List at the bottom. Make sure each is on or off as you prefer. When done make sure to click the Save buttons on each section.

Please make sure you have the address cruisecritic@invisioncloudcommunity.com white listed and/or on your safe senders list & in your Address Book contacts.

Please make sure we have your correct email address as your Cruise Critic email address of record. If it is not current, please see How to: Change Cruise Critic email address of record

Not sure how many email notifications you are receiving per day or at a time but it could be your email provider is aggressive to prevent spam. Thinking that multiple emails in a row from Cruise Critic would be spam, they bounce one of the Cruise Critic emails back to Cruise Critic. Once one of the Cruise Critic notification emails to you is bounced back to Cruise Critic, then the Cruise Critic software stops sending you any further notification emails. Please email help@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record and mention your user name. Explain the possible bouncing situation and ask if anything can be done by Cruise Critic.

Hope sometihng in this reply will be helpful! 🤞

Host Kat emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Additional information.

14 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Same thing here and I've checked my notification settings as well. I'll email Help, too.

17 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Exact same.  I was fine two days ago, always receiving emails for those on which I subscribed.  But I noticed as of yesterday, I stopped getting them.  I always have the 'send email with any post' option set.  I know some of the emails I subscribe too are busy threads, but had no issue until now.

I have tried adding the email above to my email address book.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

... Maybe they are not in on the weekend. 

emo22.gif Howdy & a FYI to all,

Emails to Staff/Administrators are answered in order of receipt, when they can. I say "when they can" because all emails and Report post reports to Cruise Critic are answered in order of receipt. With over a million and a half members sending emails and reports 24/7 from all over the world, please be patient for any action. Also, please remember the Hosts/Moderators are non-paid volunteers and work the boards when their real life permits. Most of the paid Staff/Administrators work regular weekday business hours.

Happy sails to all,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• Like 2

Though all forum settings remain correct for following and email notifications of posts/replies, my notifications stopped coming this past Friday night 5/15 Pacific time.

This has happened on rare occasions in the past. (Nothing in spam either)

Hopefully, IT will see this and fix. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Though all forum settings remain correct for following and email notifications of posts/replies, my notifications stopped coming this past Friday night 5/15 Pacific time.

This has happened on rare occasions in the past. (Nothing in spam either)

Hopefully, IT will see this and fix. Thanks!

Your new thread has been merged into the existing thread concerning the situation. See previous posts in this thread.

5 minutes ago, Host Kat said:

Your new thread has been merged into the existing thread concerning the situation. See previous posts in this thread.

Thanks for the quick reply. From the concentration of recent posts, it looks like this may be an emerging issue at the server side.  

Edited by Flatbush Flyer
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Thanks for the info all.  I am working with our tech team to see why the emails have not gone out recently

Stay tuned 🙂 

Let us know if they find anything.  Issue still persists today for me.

For now, I just refresh the browser and see if any new posts by looking at the notifications bell at the top right corner.  At least that updates.

@CC Help Jenn   for info

Hi - I am now getting emails but the  Goto this post link   shows as  https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=redirect&url=https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2741665-are-people-getting-the-refund-money-in-their-credit-card-accounts/?do=findComment&comment=59973470&source=122648&key=e78ef889bf7f6d59128e6c3e4aeb6caf70f6b99a4b85cae358ec12e5d5ce5a52&resource=&email=1&type=notification_new_comment

BUT it just takes me to   boards.cruisecritic.co.uk   NOT to the post

where I had to sign in again

Normally it takes me to the post on CC.com  

where I am normally signed in. 

Edited by Aulanis
added NOT to the post

It may depend on where the thread originated.  One email I received took me to the main US page where I was signed in, and one email took me to the U.K. site where I was not signed in.   None took me to the post in the email.

8 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Let us know if they find anything.  Issue still persists today for me.

For now, I just refresh the browser and see if any new posts by looking at the notifications bell at the top right corner.  At least that updates.

At about 2:30 PM Pacific on Monday, May 18, 2020, email notifications for subscribed threads restarted.

Thanks to CC folks!