Sapphire Princess Staying In OZ Winter 2020?

Its official Sapphire Princess is coming to Australia in May 2020!!

From Cruise Passenger:

Princess Cruises, which is in the middle of a major coronavirus outbreak on the Diamond Princess in Japan, is moving the Sapphire Princess from Asia to Australia in May.

The 2,600 passenger vessel has been sailing out of Singapore and China, but was due to be moved to Australia later in the year. Asian sailings have virtually halted due to the virus so the move will help shore up revenues.

Carnival Australia’s Sture Myrmell is in Singapore trying to deal with the fallout from the global publicity surrounding the Diamond Princess, where another 99 passengers fell victim to the virus overnight.

Princess maintains the move will help local tourism and add 44 new cruises from the major Australian cities of Sydney, Perth (Fremantle), Adelaide, Melbourne and Brisbane.

Princess Cruises Senior Vice President Asia Pacific Stuart Allison is quoted as saying Sapphire would add a much-needed boost to Australia’s domestic tourism.... Read morehttps://cruisepassenger.com.au/princess-moves-sapphire-princes-to-australia-from-may/

26 minutes ago, DDG 41 said:

Hopefully she does well and then she can stay year round and we can get rid of Sun or Sea Princess.

Fingers crossed, I did notice that they are putting an extra 550 upper berths in while in dry dock, Carnival usually do that when they send their ships to Australia.

40 minutes ago, DDG 41 said:

Hopefully she does well and then she can stay year round and we can get rid of Sun or Sea Princess.

Nooooo! We want all three ships to remain here. Sun and Sea are ideal for some itineraries like Hawaii/Tahiti.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DDG 41 said:

Sun and Sea are getting old and we are getting coral in 2021 in Melbourne.

https://www.vicports.vic.gov.au/cruise-shipping/Pages/cruise-ship-schedule-3.aspx

Yes, I noticed that, Coral is a good mixture of Sun class and Grand class......just dont sent the Island!

On 2/14/2020 at 2:04 PM, MMDown Under said:

They are on Princess website now. 

Okay they prices seem good. From what listed in that article. Need to see exact dates. I wish they would just provide them when they do these mail releases. I got an email from TA saying register your interest to get the itineraries when released. I'm like nooo. Just give me the information without having to suck info out of me. 

Edited by icat2000

I am so with you on that.  We have a cruise on the Majestic booked in Sept but would really like something different and the Sapphire would be ideal.  It is annoying that they release something to agents but it isn't on their site ready to book.  

Looks like changes are being made to Queen Elizabeth as well with a booking appearing today into Fremantle Ports register in on 27/4/20 and out on 28/4/20 destination unknown. Looks like the QE  departure from Melbourne to Japan and then onto Alaska on 5/3/2020  is not happening and the Alaskan cruising season  is being canned if this booking in Freo is correct. Probably heading for the Med via Colombo and Suez.

Will also mean QE is extending its Australian season for 6 weeks before heading to Europe.

Going to be a lot of bargains around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Busy Mum said:

Does anyone have any idea when these Sapphire itineraries will come up on the Princess website?  Or if anyone has some ‘inside info’ whereby they can post them on CC.

Really keen to see them!!

Is this what you're after?

Cruises H017 and H018 aren't on this list, but there is mention of Fiji from Sydney and Brisbane in the press releases. IE June/July 

(Not easy to format on a phone, but try cut and paste into a spreadsheet if that makes it easier)

Cruise    Date    From    To    Nights    Itinerary
H013N    01-May    Fremantle    Fremantle    3    Getaway
H014N    04-May    Fremantle    Fremantle    8    Coral Coast
H015N    12-May    Fremantle    Fremantle    10    Coral Coast
H016N    22-May    Fremantle    Fremantle    3    Getaway
H016P    25-May    Fremantle    Fremantle    10    Coral Coast
H016Q    04-Jun    Fremantle    Fremantle    4    Getaway
H016R    08-Jun    Fremantle    Brisbane    15    Northern Explorer
H016E    08-Jun    Fremantle    Sydney    17    Northern Explorer
H019N    07-Jul    Sydney    Fremantle    17    Northern Explorer
H019C    09-Jul    Brisbane    Fremantle    15    Northern Explorer
H020N    24-Jul    Fremantle    Fremantle    3    Getaway
H021N    27-Jul    Fremantle    Fremantle    10    Coral Coast
H022N    06-Aug    Fremantle    Fremantle    4    Getaway
H023N    10-Aug    Fremantle    Sydney    17    Northern Explorer
H023C    10-Aug    Fremantle    Fremantle    28    Round Aus
H023D    10-Aug    Fremantle    Brisbane    15    N. Explorer
H023E    25-Aug    Brisbane    Fremantle    13    S. Aus Explorer
H025N    02-Sep    Adelaide    Fremantle    5    Getaway
H026N    07-Sep    Fremantle    Adelaide    5    Getaway
H026C    07-Sep    Fremantle    Fremantle    29    Round Aus

The rest of the dates

H026E    07-Sep    Fremantle    Sydney    12    Southern Australia Explorer
H026D    07-Sep    Fremantle    Brisbane    14    Southern Australia Explorer
H027D    12-Sep    Adelaide    Fremantle    24    Round Australia
H028E    19-Sep    Sydney    Fremantle    17    Northern Explorer
H029N    21-Sep    Brisbane    Fremantle    15    Northern Explorer
H030C    06-Oct    Fremantle    Sydney    13    Southern Australia Explorer

6 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

In that case maybe they could get rid of Sun. 

Sun is way better than Sea.

Newer refurb and equipment, better procedures/crew, and doesn't have the leakage/plumbing issues that Sea has had.

Edited by The_Big_M

7 hours ago, 2CtheC said:

Is this what you're after?

Cruises H017 and H018 aren't on this list, but there is mention of Fiji from Sydney and Brisbane in the press releases. IE June/July 

(Not easy to format on a phone, but try cut and paste into a spreadsheet if that makes it easier)

H013N    01-May    Fremantle    Fremantle    3    Getaway
H014N    04-May    Fremantle    Fremantle    8    Coral Coast
H015N    12-May    Fremantle    Fremantle    10    Coral Coast
H016N    22-May    Fremantle    Fremantle    3    Getaway
H016P    25-May    Fremantle    Fremantle    10    Coral Coast
H016Q    04-Jun    Fremantle    Fremantle    4    Getaway
H016R    08-Jun    Fremantle    Brisbane    15    Northern Explorer
H016E    08-Jun    Fremantle    Sydney    17    Northern Explorer
H019N    07-Jul    Sydney    Fremantle    17    Northern Explorer
H019C    09-Jul    Brisbane    Fremantle    15    Northern Explorer
H020N    24-Jul    Fremantle    Fremantle    3    Getaway
H021N    27-Jul    Fremantle    Fremantle    10    Coral Coast
H022N    06-Aug    Fremantle    Fremantle    4    Getaway
H023N    10-Aug    Fremantle    Sydney    17    Northern Explorer
H023C    10-Aug    Fremantle    Fremantle    28    Round Aus
H023D    10-Aug    Fremantle    Brisbane    15    N. Explorer
H023E    25-Aug    Brisbane    Fremantle    13    S. Aus Explorer
H025N    02-Sep    Adelaide    Fremantle    5    Getaway
H026N    07-Sep    Fremantle    Adelaide    5    Getaway
H026C    07-Sep    Fremantle    Fremantle    29    Round Aus

Thank you so much, now to see what the pricing will be. 😊 Vicki.

Someone sent me something similar, but i cannot attach it here.

Those dates above are Freemantle departures, there are a whole lot more from Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Melbourne.

14 night Fiji 25th June from Sydney and 16 nights 23rd June from Brisbane.

No prices though

• Like 1

@cheznandy, you mentioned the increase in 550 upper berths, but I haven't been able to find the adjustments, and I tried comparing the deck plans on the website (there's two versions)...maybe I'm just missing the very obvious additions, but I can't seem to find them? (or a citation to a link for the increase, too.)

Please let me know! Thanks in advance!

17 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

@cheznandy, you mentioned the increase in 550 upper berths, but I haven't been able to find the adjustments, and I tried comparing the deck plans on the website (there's two versions)...maybe I'm just missing the very obvious additions, but I can't seem to find them? (or a citation to a link for the increase, too.)

Please let me know! Thanks in advance!

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/au/news/AU_SHipUpdate-SapphirePrincess.pdf

My apologies, 590 new berths.

Edited by cheznandy
  • Like 1

@icat2000, I am also unsure if I can post what I saw, but yes, there are cruises that start/end in Melbourne. There are cruises that start/end in Fremantle, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, and Adelaide. If you visit the Princess Cruises' [face] page, and find the post with the advisory about the Sapphire Princess cancellations and new itineraries, rummage through the comments and someone posted a screenshot of what will be made available. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

@icat2000, I am also unsure if I can post what I saw, but yes, there are cruises that start/end in Melbourne. There are cruises that start/end in Fremantle, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, and Adelaide. If you visit the Princess Cruises' [face] page, and find the post with the advisory about the Sapphire Princess cancellations and new itineraries, rummage through the comments and someone posted a screenshot of what will be made available. 

Thanks. I can't be bothered flying this time around so I be more tempted to book if we can get on and off in Melbourne.  I have a look now at the faceything 

5 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

I dont do FB but I cant seem to copy or paste what I have......Sarah should be able to find it with your advice😉

I hate when they announce stuff like this, give a date for bookings but no other info. 

4 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

I dont do FB but I cant seem to copy or paste what I have......Sarah should be able to find it with your advice😉

I hate when they announce stuff like this, give a date for bookings but no other info. 

Trawling through the comments section now. 

Okay bingo. Its not a very good image but you can just make it out. Okay. I see Melbourne cruises. They were the original Sapphire bookings. Nothing for Melbourne for the new deployment. 

86724520_10158371734095715_1671508225431699456_n.jpg

Edited by icat2000
  • Like 1