new Millennium cruises

cruising teacher80

3 hours ago, amypet said:

Jim_lain, I had the same experience trying to check for specialty dining for my 4/25 Pacific Northwest cruise. I can't seem to find a roll call for this sailing either. Never had this happen so close to a sail date. 

They are new cruises. A roll call is not automatically started. Someone needs to initiate the roll call for each cruise.

On 2/17/2020 at 4:11 PM, summit011604 said:

Celebrity posted a list of upcoming "limited edition" sailings for sale off the west coast today on one of their social-media accounts (not the obvious one, the other one.)  5-night Pacific NW roundtrip out of Seattle on 4/20 and 4/25.  Also 11-night Alaska on 4/30 and 5/11.  Says you have to call 888-283-6879 to book and that they are not on celebrity.com.  And yes celebrity.com does take you to celebritycruises.com.  But they do show up on their website.  Interesting marketing ploy.  Why not just send an email?

I did get the email on 2/27..clicked it and scored a RS for less that $8000 for 2!.. An amazing deal for an 11 night cruise!

Just now, BridgeBabe said:

I did get the email on 2/27..clicked it and scored a RS for less that $8000 for 2!.. An amazing deal for an 11 night cruise!

oops! That email was on 2/17..and the only reason I opened it was because I was off work for President's Day...

On 2/18/2020 at 6:20 PM, amypet said:

Jim_lain, I had the same experience trying to check for specialty dining for my 4/25 Pacific Northwest cruise. I can't seem to find a roll call for this sailing either. Never had this happen so close to a sail date. 

They aren't always indexed -  probably because of date is in European format.    Just go to the ship and browse the list of Roll Calls

9 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Millenium is on route to Hawaii and scheduled to arrive on March 1. Are there any news on the cruises from LA in March/April?

The LA cruises are free. Celebrity is giving cabins to first responders. Probably Best to think of it as a private charter. Same for first responder cruises in Australia 

50 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

The LA cruises are free. Celebrity is giving cabins to first responders. Probably Best to think of it as a private charter. Same for first responder cruises in Australia 

I know and I don‘t want to book this cruises. I just want to know the schedule and when the ship is in San Pedro and maybe San Diego.

Wondering if anyone else is having a problem being able to access the Drinks Packages, Internet, Photo etc for the Millennium Cruises.   I'm on the 11 night 4/30 and even the e-mail they sent me with a link it returns unable to access page wait and book aboard.

image.thumb.png.67788116d1988e8c7ac109306e811ee6.png

On 2/17/2020 at 9:34 AM, akowilm said:

I just disembarked a Celebrity sailing this week and there were various announcements that the Millennium and one other ship would be used for 'humanitarian efforts" for first responders and fire fighters, as a way for Celebrity to say thank you.  The announcements did not  include info on whether or not they would be private sailings, but they eluded to the fact that they were 'glad to give back' when the ship could not be used for the originally scheduled for-profit sailings.  We believed these would be chartered sailings and we were surprised to see ads selling these sailings in our emails yesterday..

I think that only the LA cruises will be for first responders. Perhaps if they don’t get enough takers they will open them up for general booking.

On 2/18/2020 at 8:34 PM, BBsails said:

We grabbed the April 30 RT Seattle to Alaska.  A1 Aft cabin on deck 11 at a fantastic price!  Hoping that the cold weather will keep the noise down in the Sunset bar below us and the outdoor movie venue above us.

Thanks for the roll call information, Beav.  Will check again in a few days.  

In my experience the Sunset Bar doesn’t get noisy. Just general cocktail party level chatter and mellow music. 🙂 

We are booked on the 11 night Seattle-Vancouver. We cancelled a coastal repositioning cruise on RCI because we got an S2 with all 4 perks for less than 7 nights in a JS on Serenade OTS. Even with multi city air! 

I'm a travel agent and I see no information on how to book cruisers for first responders, or even any official mention of them....So how are first responders going to book these cruises or even know any details about them?  I actually know quite a few of them who did fight in the northern California fires and wanted to reach out to them but I can't find any information.

5 minutes ago, BBsails said:

Victoria?  I'm assuming that Canada's ports are considered foreign. 

No. I’m referring to the First Responder cruises out of LA, not the public sailings out of Seattle. 

If the LA sailings are 100% non-revenue, are they still required to call at a foreign port, which would be Ensenada in this case. 

Have no idea about first responder cruises requiring a call at a foreign port.  Sorry for the confusion.

Reporting in that I did receive shareholder credit for this cruise.  Notified by an emailed updated booking confirmation this morning.  Not immediately evident why they'd suddenly sent another confirmation, but on close observation, noted the $100 OBC.

6 hours ago, BEAV said:

Just received an email advising double Captain’s Club points for veranda and higher for the 4 Seattle-based Millie cruises in April/May. 👍

I'm booked on the May 11 sailing, but haven't seen anything about double points. Is it for all bookings or only new bookings?

Thanks. Rick

7 minutes ago, rdt10 said:

I'm booked on the May 11 sailing, but haven't seen anything about double points. Is it for all bookings or only new bookings?

Thanks. Rick

The email just says to book by Feb 28 to receive the double points. And, again, verandas and above. 

And just a reminder that that you have to be opted “in” on your profile to receive Celebrity promotional emails going forward.

Edited by BEAV
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BEAV said:

No. I’m referring to the First Responder cruises out of LA, not the public sailings out of Seattle. 

If the LA sailings are 100% non-revenue, are they still required to call at a foreign port, which would be Ensenada in this case. 

Yes they will all go to Ensenada, I trust this is the announced three day cruise and also announced four and five day cruises will add Catalina Island and/or San Diego. But indeed, no info available and all Fire Fighters and other first responders need to know this asap as well to be able to book. March is coming soon and the ship is on route.....

8 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Yes they will all go to Ensenada, I trust this is the announced three day cruise and also announced four and five day cruises will add Catalina Island and/or San Diego. But indeed, no info available and all Fire Fighters and other first responders need to know this asap as well to be able to book. March is coming soon and the ship is on route.....

Don’t forget Santa Barbara!  On another similar Millie thread it was noted she’ll call in Santa Barbara on March 23. 

https://www.santabarbaraca.gov/gov/depts/waterfront/events/cruiseship.asp

11 hours ago, rdt10 said:

Thanks. Rick

You have to be signed up for promotions to get the email.    There is no e-mail to those with booking to let you know.   For some reason Iain got the e-mail and I, who do all the bookings, didn't.