new Millennium cruises

cruising teacher80

16 hours ago, Phamer55 said:

I'm a travel agent and I see no information on how to book cruisers for first responders, or even any official mention of them....So how are first responders going to book these cruises or even know any details about them?  I actually know quite a few of them who did fight in the northern California fires and wanted to reach out to them but I can't find any information.

My son is a California firefighter and I am trying to figure out how to get him a cruise--that's why I'm on this thread.  If you hear anything, will you please post? Someone I know called X and was told to call back on Monday, but given the inaccuracy of their on-shore staff, that sounds like a waste of time to me without a specific department or person to ask for. 

Thanks for any advice!

12 hours ago, BEAV said:

The email just says to book by Feb 28 to receive the double points. And, again, verandas and above. 

And just a reminder that that you have to be opted “in” on your profile to receive Celebrity promotional emails going forward.

Thanks BEAV and Jim-lain. I called the Captains Club and she said if booked on February 14 through the 28th get double points. The extra points will get us to our next CC level.

I checked my profile and I was not opted in for Celebrity promotions.

If someone could forward the email to me at rterrill2110 at gmail dot com I'd appreciate it. The Captains Club rep couldn't and I'd like to have something if the extra points don't show up.

Thanks. Rick

I booked the Millenium for the April 30th sailing so expect to receive the double points.  Why are people asking for the email?  Was I supposed to mention it at the time of booking or are people trying to have proof of the offer in case they don't receive the double points?  Thank you 

20 minutes ago, first mate said:

I booked the Millenium for the April 30th sailing so expect to receive the double points.  Why are people asking for the email?  Was I supposed to mention it at the time of booking or are people trying to have proof of the offer in case they don't receive the double points?  Thank you 

Since I didn't get the email, I wanted it to have something if the extra points don't get added. I confirmed with Captains Club that we get the extra points, but don't trust Celebrity's IT department to get it right.

Edited by rdt10
  • Like 3

On 2/22/2020 at 4:58 PM, Phamer55 said:

I'm a travel agent and I see no information on how to book cruisers for first responders, or even any official mention of them....So how are first responders going to book these cruises or even know any details about them?  I actually know quite a few of them who did fight in the northern California fires and wanted to reach out to them but I can't find any information.

You wait until Celebrity announces the cruise dates and how they will handle the bookings. Patience. 

I was told by my big box TA that information would be available approximately March 1st. +/- A couple days.

On 2/23/2020 at 8:04 AM, Jim_Iain said:

You have to be signed up for promotions to get the email.    There is no e-mail to those with booking to let you know.   For some reason Iain got the e-mail and I, who do all the bookings, didn't.

Welcome to my world. DH gets promotional emails from Celebrity and I generally do not. For some reason, I got this one, though.

So I moved an older booking over to Millennium. The original booking date of 2017 is what shows on the invoice. I'm hoping that transferred bookings count for the double points!

1 minute ago, critterchick said:

Welcome to my world. DH gets promotional emails from Celebrity and I generally do not. For some reason, I got this one, though.

So I moved an older booking over to Millennium. The original booking date of 2017 is what shows on the invoice. I'm hoping that transferred bookings count for the double points!

That is a new twist.    I would think you will get the double points but I'm an optimistic type of guy.   Seems like it would be tough for them to go through all bookings to determine original booking dates.

Probably won't know until 7-10 days after the cruise.

Regarding the First Responders and Military "Cruises for Heroes"  out of LA, my TA texted me yesterday afternoon, and we booked. We scored an A-1 aft cabin on Deck 11. Yes, retirees are included. I was very happy to see that 911 Dispatchers are also included. Those folks work so hard, and they helped keep my hubby safe for many years.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruises-for-heroes

image0.thumb.jpeg.6d5bd305aed1402c2c36a385cb6f225c.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Edited by MamaFej
typo: missing space
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 8:12 AM, CathyCruises said:

My son is a California firefighter and I am trying to figure out how to get him a cruise--that's why I'm on this thread.  If you hear anything, will you please post? Someone I know called X and was told to call back on Monday, but given the inaccuracy of their on-shore staff, that sounds like a waste of time to me without a specific department or person to ask for. 

Thanks for any advice!

Hi Cathy, hopefully I"m not posting too late, my kids booked on friday morning,  it's pretty amazing, everything is included drinks, internet, gratuities...  they go out of San Pedro on Fridays, down to Ensenada & back to LA on Sunday mornings I hope you can still grab one for them.   You need to call, & then you email a photo or scan of their service ID.  Good Luck

To book, call 1-800-590-6218, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. or Saturday–Sunday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. (EST). Before you set sail, be sure to have your ID ready to send to heroes@celebrity.com

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Cathy, hopefully I"m not posting too late, my kids booked on friday morning,  it's pretty amazing, everything is included drinks, internet, gratuities...  they go out of San Pedro on Fridays, down to Ensenada & back to LA on Sunday mornings I hope you can still grab one for them.   You need to call, & then you email a photo or scan of their service ID.  Good Luck

To book, call 1-800-590-6218, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. or Saturday–Sunday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. (EST). Before you set sail, be sure to have your ID ready to send to heroes@celebrity.com

If the Friday to Sunday itinerary doesn't work, the March 29 sailing is Sunday through Tuesday. Post #64 has the two page flyer. 

Hopefully, one of the cruises works with Cathy's son's days off. One of the cruises is between racks for Hubby's old shift, and we are hoping some of his crew will join us. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

FYI I just got off the phone with Celebrity and The First Responder free cruises are all booked up. (1:30pm pst)

It’s about 1.5-2hr wait to get someone on the line right now. They suggested I call back later in the week to see if anyone cancels.

41 minutes ago, tiggy85 said:

FYI I just got off the phone with Celebrity and The First Responder free cruises are all booked up. (1:30pm pst)

It’s about 1.5-2hr wait to get someone on the line right now. They suggested I call back later in the week to see if anyone cancels.

thanks for updating everyone, hopefully Cathy's kids were able to book in time :)  I know my kids booked right away & were able to get AQ cabins.  

9 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

thanks for updating everyone, hopefully Cathy's kids were able to book in time 🙂  I know my kids booked right away & were able to get AQ cabins.  

We got Aqua, too (aft).

But if they want to put us in a Royal Suite to free up space for others, I'll comply.😜

• Like 1

Booked on the First Responder Cruise. Hoping for cancellations to upgrade to Aqua.  A lot of people spec booked, well at least I hope. Pretty generous of Celebrity to offer this. 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 1:27 PM, tiggy85 said:

@tiggy85, my TA just called. At noon PST today, Celebrity will release four more Heroes cruises: 23, 25, and 31 March as well as 2 April. They will also open up inside cabins on all 8 sailings. So, if one o f the first four dates works better for you, and you're willing to take an inside cabin, you can still get in on one of those. 

Given the long wait time, you might want to dial before noon PST. Good luck!

50 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

@tiggy85, my TA just called. At noon PST today, Celebrity will release four more Heroes cruises: 23, 25, and 31 March as well as 2 April. They will also open up inside cabins on all 8 sailings. So, if one o f the first four dates works better for you, and you're willing to take an inside cabin, you can still get in on one of those. 

Given the long wait time, you might want to dial before noon PST. Good luck!

Wow, the line is busy. Only inside cabins? I would luv to try to get AQ on another date if possible. 

Edited by Quimby