Do aft cabins on Mariona on Deck 7 have larger balconies?

barbels

We are thinking about booking an aft cabin on deck 7 (B3) on the Marina.  The deck plans show these cabins as having larger balconies.  Is this correct?  We'll book one of these if the balconies are larger.  If not, we'll probably book a more mid ship cabin. 

I can't speak to Deck 7 aft cabins but we've been in the aft OC suites on Marina a couple of times and the verandas there are very large.  I think it would make sense that on Deck 7 they are larger than the average B cabin given the location at the back of the ship.  Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, of that I am sure!

1 hour ago, barbels said:

We are thinking about booking an aft cabin on deck 7 (B3) on the Marina.  The deck plans show these cabins as having larger balconies.  Is this correct?  We'll book one of these if the balconies are larger.  If not, we'll probably book a more mid ship cabin. 

Yes.

Here's two photos of the balcony for 7130 on the Marina.  It's an aft PH1, so not exactly what you're looking at but you can get an idea of the depth of the balcony on the B3 staterooms in the second picture (with the two loungers).  The balcony for 7130 is a huge wrap-around (see the first picture for the aft part of the balcony) but the floor space for the cabin itself is slightly smaller than a regular PH cabin

.IMG_8027.thumb.JPG.9c871a18445e227b51db87c3dbeb9dd5.JPGIMG_8028.thumb.JPG.bae5cd2ee3f9bf243d1b01a5488324ea.JPG

49 minutes ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

Forward B3's just above "Riviera". Look at the great angled veranda that @Hawaiidanmentioned.

fullsizeoutput_129f.jpeg.7f348009887e92e87148ebc028941b6d.jpeg

They have more deck area than a PH.... and as far as view  you see all the way down the ship plus your one of the few cabins right on the edge of the hull........for even more view/atmosphere........

Edited by Hawaiidan

I've sailed in a B3 extended balcony and loved it. We have another one booked for December on Marina. The full sized loungers were comfortable and relaxing.

People who have a problem with "the motion of the ocean" will probably not want to be either this far forward or aft.  Just pull up a deck 7 deck plan and take a look.

Forward location the motion is more active so we (DW truth be told) prefers mid-ship but goes with aft when wanting one of these extended verandahs. That said, adding in the view, Hawaiidan's preferred forward cabins are a great choice. I would have taken his cabin advice on an upcoming cruise except for the green apple requirement.

3 hours ago, YoHoHo said:

Forward location the motion is more active so we (DW truth be told) prefers mid-ship but goes with aft when wanting one of these extended verandahs. That said, adding in the view, Hawaiidan's preferred forward cabins are a great choice. I would have taken his cabin advice on an upcoming cruise except for the green apple requirement.

Ok   I will bite..no pun    What the green apple requirement???????

7128 & 7133 are aft PH2 cabins, both with extended balconies, but normal sized penthouse footage. Booked 7133 for TA April 2021, looking forward to extra space all around, tho not sure how much we'll actually be able to use veranda when not in port!

On 2/16/2020 at 5:02 PM, Vertygo said:

7128 & 7133 are aft PH2 cabins, both with extended balconies, but normal sized penthouse footage. Booked 7133 for TA April 2021, looking forward to extra space all around, tho not sure how much we'll actually be able to use veranda when not in port!

I believe those aft penthouses give up some interior space, mainly between the chairs at the foot of the bed and the cabinets across from them(which even in a normal room is a bit crowded) and in the walk in closet area. Put it's still a great room and balcony

Love the aft PH!  Yes, a bit narrower than other PH's but certainly usable.  Spent 30 days in one several years ago, and loved every day.  And yes, we had in-room dining a few times, as well as coffee each morning.  Not once did we suffer from lack of room to walk between the table and chairs  and buffet.

• Like 2