Towel Animals-Are You ON The Right Board?

dogladyjw

Yes, on my December cruise on the Veendam, I got an assortment of towel animals. The cutest one was the monkey hanging onto my bathrobe! There was a strinray, a cobra, an elephant, and a few more I can't remember.

Do you not like towel animals?

Roz

We first had some on Volendam in October and our steward again left them for us on our recent Volendam cruise. I can't say I'm a big fan but they certainly are harmless enough. I think them far more appropriate in cabins with children.

I don't see any harm in towel animals; I would think in most cases it would bring a smile to someone's face... and that's what cruising is meant to do :)

Looking forward to our towel animals on HAL as well...

I like the towel animals. Obviously from the amount of Carnival cruises I've seen many. I do enjoy the critters, however if HAL's dining staff start singing and dancing I may run screaming out of the dining room!!!:eek:

Ditto! Not a fan of the singing and dancing in the dining room.

Marie

A Ditto to that Ditto.

I think the towel animals are cute, if you want to have a band and some fun and games around the pool or on deck, I'll enjoy watching.

But eating dinner is serious business with me *LOL*

I don't need singing, dancing or any parades while I am eating

As my husband was under the weather the second week of our trip, our wonderful steward came in one night and gave us a towel animal making demonstration. ;)

It was really not any easy thing to do, and I can't imagine them having to do this for each cabin on top of all the other responsibilities, but the steward was proud to demonstrate his creativity. The "Alf" like creature left on our bed sure brought a smile to our face too!:)

We first had the towel animals on the Zuiderdam - May 2005. We had a different one each night for 6 nights. By the end of the second week (back-to-back cruises), we had doubles of everything. We loved them and took pictures of them.

We also had them on the Ryndam - November 2005. There were 8 towel animals.

I think they're cute. Fun to guess what animal you'll get that night. One evening we got a money hanging from a light fixture tha swayed with the ship...

On one Carnival cruise years ago, the cabin attendent told us that they were the ones that started the animals and they teach each other how to do the animals.

We had towel animals on our Amsterdam cruise - Nov./Dec. - for the first time. Loved them! It was interesting to see how many animals were kept in the ship's cabin windows, and was fun to see them there when boarding the ship in our various ports. Our "elephant" got to "look" out of our window!:)

We first had the towel animals on the Zuiderdam - May 2005. We had a different one each night for 6 nights. By the end of the second week (back-to-back cruises), we had doubles of everything. We loved them and took pictures of them.

We also had them on the Ryndam - November 2005. There were 8 towel animals.

Good gracious.....:)

Where did you put them all? Even the Suites aren't that big for them to not start to get in the way.

I like the towel animals. Obviously from the amount of Carnival cruises I've seen many. I do enjoy the critters, however if HAL's dining staff start singing and dancing I may run screaming out of the dining room!!!:eek:

you better sit down...they started the dancin' and singin' in the dining room.. it's at the Master Chef's dinner the nite before the last formal on the 10 day Volendam cruises.. we had it last Nov as well as on last week's cruise... ..

from what we heard from the Maitre D's and staff that we know .. the President of HAL was on the Holiday cruise and he loved it.. so I guess it's here to stay... must have been his idea.. not to our liking... plus the staff w*rks hard enuff without this stuff going on...

from the announcement that was made at this last one people were urged to stay in their seats keeping their elbows and knees in and out of the aisles while taking pictures .. sounds like something happened accident-wise with the staff dancin' around on previous cruises...

I guess Carnival's influence just can't stay away unfortunately:(

I hope they now have them on the Volendam where we will be in May. I'd love for my group to get them. We had them on Oosterdam last year, but I didn't think the smaller HA ships did that. The monkey was my favorite too, so I asked the steward to leave it. The others he took apart each night & came up with something new. I cannot imagine anyone objecting to towel animals. And, by the way, don't know about HA but on Carnival you can buy an illustrated book on how to make them. It was offered in the formal rental place onboard. I wish I had purchased one.

Good gracious.....:)

Where did you put them all? Even the Suites aren't that big for them to not start to get in the way.

Somehow, I don't think that the entire menagerie (sp-?) stays in your room/suite for the entire cruise!!!

Now, for the pregnant question: Do they know how to make a towel GORILLA??????????

Happy sailing, and have fun!!

I found them relatively harmless on the Maasdam last summer. But only relatively.

When I stumble on in at 2:00 A.M., and don't turn on the light due to a sleeping roomie, I really don't need any surprises. And at that hour I don't feel like goin' huntin'.

Archived