Next Sale

Amtrack Springfield

BEST2DG for $ 30 per person per day, when about $ 15 goes to Grats and $ 15 to a PBP which runs $ 70 per day if purchased

$ 15 is also called  breakfast … specialty coffee, bottle of fuzzy water and a greyhound ( vodka and grapefruit juice ) 🥃

• Like 4

2 hours ago, seastheday said:

Will this truly be the best sale ever or will something equally good (or better) be coming down the pike? 🧐

The Best Sale Ever is only a good sale if you planned on purchasing the very expensive drink package anyway. If you don't drink at all or only drink moderately you would likely be better waiting for another sale to come down the pike. That is what I am doing.

Tom

• Like 6

2 hours ago, RMMariner said:

The BSE was actually a very good sale. Most times the sales are not really sales. 

I am hoping they keep the BSE around and make it part of Princess's day to day way of doing business (just like Celebrity does).

I feel like the BSE was a "trial run" for a new pricing scheme for Princess, as you mentioned, more akin to Celebrity's pricing structure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I feel like the BSE was a "trial run" for a new pricing scheme for Princess, as you mentioned, more akin to Celebrity's pricing structure.

I tried to ball park the figures one night before while falling asleep 🙂 I wondered if BSE, priced correctly by Princess, would lead to more revenue by inducing more pax to go the BSE route versus a smaller number who might buy PBP.

Also I think this BSE was unique in that it allowed you to keep previous fare plus perks and add BEST## often at lower cost than re-faring.

Looking at a new booking, 3 day coastal, the BSE was better than Basic Fare plus PBP Plus Grat; Basic Fare and buy our own drinks; the fare has changed a couple of times but in most instances BSE was also better than Basic Fare plus BESTDG.

Edited by Tedferg

10 minutes ago, avonlady6390 said:

Princess just added another perk to the bse sale along with the drink package, grats, and unlimited internet they also added shore excursions credit of up to 300$ per cabin depending on length of cruise.

That is not advertised on either the Princess consumer website or their travel agent portal - perhaps it is a private sale offer through a particular travel agency consortium?  If it were a nationally available offer it would appear on their website.  There is an "enhanced"offer for 2020 Alaska Cruises & Cruisetours with up to $200 off the price of select dates :  https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/best-sale-ever/

image.png.ea492d57f7a62c659888ef42ade17333.png

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

I tried to ball park the figures one night before while falling asleep 🙂 I wondered if BSE, priced correctly by Princess, would lead to more revenue by inducing more pax to go the BSE route versus a smaller number who might buy PBP.

Also I think this BSE was unique in that it allowed you to keep previous fare plus perks and add BEST## often at lower cost than re-faring.

Looking at a new booking, 3 day coastal, the BSE was better than Basic Fare plus PBP Plus Grat; Basic Fare and buy our own drinks; the fare has changed a couple of times but in most instances BSE was also better than Basic Fare plus BESTDG.

BSE is a rather unfortunate acronym === bovine spongiform encephalopathy

12 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

That is not advertised on either the Princess consumer website or their travel agent portal - perhaps it is a private sale offer through a particular travel agency consortium?  If it were a nationally available offer it would appear on their website.  There is an "enhanced"offer for 2020 Alaska Cruises & Cruisetours with up to $200 off the price of select dates :  https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/best-sale-ever/

It does appear on the website as a special resident offer and provides the excursion credit for residents of certain states.

Offer is available to residents of Pennsylvania, New York, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, and Florida who are 21 years of age or older.

3 hours ago, mosenga said:

It does appear on the website as a special resident offer and provides the excursion credit for residents of certain states.

Offer is available to residents of Pennsylvania, New York, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, and Florida who are 21 years of age or older.

That would explain it!  Not a n offer available to all guests, but rather a targeted, tactical offer - good to know!

I just did a test on princess.com for several cruises and did not see it, even when logged in (I am a Georgia Resident).  Must be for very specific sailing dates/ships

18 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

There is an "enhanced"offer for 2020 Alaska Cruises & Cruisetours with up to $200 off the price of select dates :  https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/best-sale-ever/

Hey, thanks, I saw there was a new offer but thought it was only for Cruisetours. Writing my CVP now!

9 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Hey, thanks, I saw there was a new offer but thought it was only for Cruisetours. Writing my CVP now!

Fare code for cruises is NZG with the Best Sale Ever perks or NDG cruise only (no perks).  It is not available on all sailing dates or ships, and unfortunately I don't have a list of applicable dates.

princess did not know what i was talking about with the codes above and tried to re book the BSE for me. (which i already have}. We booked under the Cyber sale package then the  BSE. to this date the drink package seems to appear under my cruise personalizer ( but not the prepaid gratuities, do those reflect in the personalizer and if not how does this work ?) . anyone have any information on how , what , or why with this "new promotion" .  

since posting the above I was told by Princess that in order to use the codes : NZG or NDG. I would lose the onboard credit that came with the Cyber sale ( i think the 2 promotions have the same obc  and with the codes that my family members fares would be re booked at the new 3rd and 4th passenger fare. so not a good deal for me. 

asked princess about my pre paid gratuities with the BSE when I spoke to them about the NZG and NDG. I was told that on their end they see the gratuities as prepaid. I have minors in my room and their drink packages do not show up , however princess says that their packages will not show until closer to the cruise and to check in 3 weeks before the cruise. Have prior  and more experienced cruisers had a like experience and did it all "just work out in the end"? man i hope so!

Yes that's another reason I didn't book the promo beverage package because my under 21's "won't show their Premier coffee and soda package until closer to the cruise date". I don't want to have to make sure those post to our Personalizer before we leave. Or have to call in and ask where they are.