Mom freaking out about Corona-wants to cancel

JacqueO

I read the first page of this posting. Seems like the older mother, who was portrayed as a worry wary is now the wise one. Look at all the stranded people around the world possibly bringing the virus back home. The new cases in China are mostly coming from their own students returning home. Moral of the story: Listen to your mother!

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

The Diamond Princess, which has been mentioned several times in this thread, has finally left its Yokohama dock and it's on its way to Malaysia.

Biker, who resurrects threads sometimes to provide some context to current thinking on an issue.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The Diamond Princess, which has been mentioned several times in this thread, has finally left its Yokohama dock and it's on its way to Malaysia.

Biker, who resurrects threads sometimes to provide some context to current thinking on an issue.

Knowing what I know now, I might take away my "like" in post #2 😉😄

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Knowing what I know now, I might take away my "like" in post #2 😉😄

The OP should have been fine on the last sailing before the shutdown. 

Biker, who stands by his statement in post #2.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yep.  I was on Harmony of the Seas on the last sailing and everything was fine.  The crew was constantly cleaning everything, including balcony floors and the outside of cabin doors.  They did a great job.  I felt perfectly fine on that trip.  The trip home through the Orlando airport was my only concern because a TSA agent had tested positive.  Then the person sitting next to me on the plane had just been to Disney World, where I am sure they didn't sanitize rides between each person.  The bigger risk was definitely not the cruise ship.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

True, but by March 8th, the OP's mom  concerns were very valid and not  "buying into hype" as the situation had evolve.

Just putting things in context, after the fact.

7 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

True, but by March 8th, the OP's mom  concerns were very valid and not  "buying into hype" as the situation had evolve.

That is subjective, some still think to this day that COVID-19 is being over hyped and are not buying it completely.

Biker, who will have to remember to resurrect this thread in another few months to see how the issue evolves.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Biker, who will have to remember to resurrect this thread in another few months to see how the issue evolves.

And I fully reserve the right to change my mind yet again. Lol. 

47 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That is subjective, some still think to this day that COVID-19 is being over hyped and are not buying it completely.

And with South Korea as a real-life model, if the US had taken it seriously in February, and prepared with equipment and testing, and gone full bore in March, we would not have had the outbreak that we have and would not have had to shut down everything to fight it.