Upsell offer

MFR

Got a phone message from our TA-- Princess offering upgrade from our BB balcony to mini-suite for $199 pp for our 13 day NZ cruise and to email  Princess directly if we were interested.   Seemed like a  good deal so I did email.  Just wondering how long it  takes to get a response and if they respond to everyone or only if you are getting it (I assume they make the offer to multiple people? )  Also now having 2nd thoughts--our BB was in a good location--what if they stick us in a less desirable location,or will they tell us the exact cabin and then we get to say yes or no to it?  Should I call Princess and ask?

Thanks. 

• Like 1

do your homework … go to the Princess website , see what cabins are available , and make a list of ones you will accept

now, I believe some have posted that if you respond, that means you have accepted the upsell and your card on file will be charged if Princess makes the change

call your TA immediately and ask for the specific language of the upsell

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, voljeep said:

do your homework … go to the Princess website , see what cabins are available , and make a list of ones you will accept

now, I believe some have posted that if you respond, that means you have accepted the upsell and your card on file will be charged if Princess makes the change

On the website , they are showing balcony,  mini-suite and suites as all sold out.

I'll call TA , thanks.

11 minutes ago, MFR said:

On the website , they are showing balcony,  mini-suite and suites as all sold out.

I'll call TA , thanks.

I received an upsell offer that I accepted ... but it was last year.  I was able to call and even pick the cabin I wanted to switch to.  She offered others but then, I picked a different one that I saw was online.  Maybe they do the call in anymore??  

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

I received an upsell offer that I accepted ... but it was last year.  I was able to call and even pick the cabin I wanted to switch to.  She offered others but then, I picked a different one that I saw was online.  Maybe they do the call in anymore??  

same with us last April … got the email, responded immediately, got the call, had deck plan pulled up, she listed one additional cabin not showing, we got to pick our cabin from all available … she stated I was first in line ...

• Like 1

I got one of the "email back to accept" and I emailed with the question of what rooms were available.  Got an email back later that day saying "We currently have (list of 14 or so) rooms available, but they are going fast."  I passed on the upsell, but you can, if you ask, get a list of rooms.  Or at least I did, as we all know, your luck may vary with who you get at Princess.

• Like 1

We got an upsell in December. I looked up cabins I wanted, but none of the ones I wanted were "available for upsell", they were available for new bookings though.  The Upsell department had it's own list of cabins that were available. We eventually got the upsell, but we started 3-4 times and by the time I looked at deck plan and said yes, it was taken.  

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

No, Princess will call you to ask if you accept the upsell.  This is one time the Princess rep will call you instead of your TA

Still waiting to hear back from Princess on the upsell.   Our TA said can take up to 24 hours to hear. 

Meanwhile, researching the deck plans,   I see that minis on Emerald deck are above Club Fusion.   So does anyone know how noisy these cabins are late at night?

Another question:  looking at the cabin reviews,  there are reports that D109 and E725 had smoke drifting down from outside smoking areas.  Anyone else have experience with this one way or another? 

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Cut out the middleman, this is one time you can talk to Princess direct, if you get an upsell offer.

Right,  that's what we're doing.   Waiting to hear back from Princess. 

Ok, we just got an email from Princess; we have been upgraded to D327, which is club class!  So didn't get a call with a choice of rooms after all, but location looks great and can't argue with club class.  After this our usual balcony rooms will be a letdown! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

D327 is not showing up as Club Class on the deck plans I am am looking at...1 outside of it. Might have to see if Princess plans are different than the site I am on. Ooops...I was looking at Emerald Princess...not sure what you are on.

We are on Ruby, and definitely club class.  Yee hah!  No more waiting in line to be seated for dinner. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MFR said:

Ok, we just got an email from Princess; we have been upgraded to D327, which is club class!  So didn't get a call with a choice of rooms after all, but location looks great and can't argue with club class.  After this our usual balcony rooms will be a letdown! 

It is true, after our first mini suite, a balcony seems positively slumming it!  Enjoy.

10 minutes ago, grouchomarx said:

It is true, after our first mini suite, a balcony seems positively slumming it!  Enjoy.

Yes, I'm sure it will.  Perhaps Princess figures a certain percentage of those who upgrade, will in the future only book that level, so a win for them.  Don't think that'll work with us, but who knows? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MFR said:

Yes, I'm sure it will.  Perhaps Princess figures a certain percentage of those who upgrade, will in the future only book that level, so a win for them.  Don't think that'll work with us, but who knows? 

I find with Princess, the difference between a standard balcony and a mini suite is vast.  So much more living space.  The balcony cabins apparently don't even have a sitting chair anymore. We got spoiled with the huge couch, 2 tv's and the curtain to divide the rooms.  We really love that as my partner likes to nap and I don't so it gives us both our own space.  I think they got us hooked, for sure.  But if price was terribly prohibitive on a future cruise, we could slum it back to a balcony (I think).

• Like 2

I think it worked with me. I used to only book outside obstructed. Then got upgraded to OC Plaza and started booking only those.  Then got upgraded to BW and started booking only those.  BW->BB.  BB->DB. Now DB->MB. Yep. Lifestyle creep

• Like 1

On 2/18/2020 at 3:49 PM, MFR said:

Got a phone message from our TA-- Princess offering upgrade from our BB balcony to mini-suite for $199 pp for our 13 day NZ cruise and to email  Princess directly if we were interested.   Seemed like a  good deal so I did email.  Just wondering how long it  takes to get a response and if they respond to everyone or only if you are getting it (I assume they make the offer to multiple people? )  Also now having 2nd thoughts--our BB was in a good location--what if they stick us in a less desirable location,or will they tell us the exact cabin and then we get to say yes or no to it?  Should I call Princess and ask?

Thanks. 

We were too late when we responded and missed out on the deal...bummer.  They let me know after abut 24 hours.