What's Up?

sevenseasnomad

This evening I visited a website, which has the words HAL and facts in its address, that many of us use.  I clicked on the dining room for Vaandam, so I could decide which table to request on a summer cruise to Canada/New England.  Instead of viewing a schematic of the MDR layout, I received a page with a solid red background and white print informing me that this site has been reported as a danger to my computer for stealing personal information.  I last visited the site without incident about a month ago.  Without those schematics, I have no idea which tables to request.  Just wondering if this is something odd going on with my computer or if the site I've trusted for so long is actually a danger.  Has anyone else encountered this message?

6 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

I received a page with a solid red background and white print informing me that this site has been reported as a danger to my computer for stealing personal information.

On occasion, our Mcafee antivirus gives wonky results, similar to what you are describing, for no obvious reason.  When we try the same web page again in an hour or two, we don't get the warning.

10 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

This evening I visited a website, which has the words HAL and facts in its address, that many of us use.  I clicked on the dining room for Vaandam, so I could decide which table to request on a summer cruise to Canada/New England.  Instead of viewing a schematic of the MDR layout, I received a page with a solid red background and white print informing me that this site has been reported as a danger to my computer for stealing personal information.  I last visited the site without incident about a month ago.  Without those schematics, I have no idea which tables to request.  Just wondering if this is something odd going on with my computer or if the site I've trusted for so long is actually a danger.  Has anyone else encountered this message?

Where do you request for a specific table number?  Is it with ship services?

I use my PCC for this request.  You could try Ship's Services if you don't use a PCC.

Geek Squad tried to fix the problem remotely, but when I discovered some stored information could be lost, I balked.  At the moment I don't have an extra flash drive to back up some vital stuff, so I've scheduled a later appointment.  Once I back up my files, I'll feel better about them "invading" my drive.

In the meantime, I still have the problem, so am avoiding the site.

Edited by sevenseasnomad

57 minutes ago, sevenseasnomad said:

I use my PCC for this request.  You could try Ship's Services if you don't use a PCC.

Geek Squad tried to fix the problem remotely, but when I discovered some stored information could be lost, I balked.  At the moment I don't have an extra flash drive to back up some vital stuff, so I've scheduled a later appointment.  Once I back up my files, I'll feel better about them "invading" my drive.

Sevenseas, are you going into the website from a bookmark? Try deleting that bookmark and go straight to the HAL site and login from there. I just had a similar problem with my timeshare bookmark on my chromebook, which should not have a virus.. 

It worked for me. Hope it helps. 

2 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

I just checked the HalFacts site with several verification sites including Norton and Malwarebytes. All showed that the site is safe. Please let us know if you continue to have problems.

To request a specific table for fixed dining, (early or main), not anytime,  contact Ship's Services and ask for the e-mail address of HAL's Ship's Coordinator for the ship you will be on.   When you get that, use the PDF MDR layouts available on HAL Facts dot com, and develop a list of 10 possible table numbers that you would be happy with.  Send that list of table numbers and your request to the Ship's Coordinator around 4 months out from your cruise.   We do that for every cruise and we always get assigned one of our top 3 table selections.   Again, this is not for open (anytime) dining.  This is for a fixed table number for the whole cruise in either early fixed seating (around 5:30 pm) or main (late seating, 8:00 pm).

12 minutes ago, TAD2005 said:

To request a specific table for fixed dining, (early or main), not anytime,  contact Ship's Services and ask for the e-mail address of HAL's Ship's Coordinator for the ship you will be on.   When you get that, use the PDF MDR layouts available on HAL Facts dot com, and develop a list of 10 possible table numbers that you would be happy with.  Send that list of table numbers and your request to the Ship's Coordinator around 4 months out from your cruise.   We do that for every cruise and we always get assigned one of our top 3 table selections.   Again, this is not for open (anytime) dining.  This is for a fixed table number for the whole cruise in either early fixed seating (around 5:30 pm) or main (late seating, 8:00 pm).

I always just ask my TA and she arranges it.  I check the MDR layout first, of course.  I have always gotten the table I asked for.

• Like 1

Even though I use a TA for cruising,  there's 2 things I want to do for myself.   Pick my own flights and seats, and pick my favorite MDR table.   I use Flight Ease to select flights and seats, and I go directly to the Ship's Coordinator to confirm my MDR table.

Never had a problem going through PCC for table request.  Always get my first choice.  Maybe I've been fortunate.

My home computer still won't allow me to link to any of the features on the site; my work computer didn't have a problem at all.  I'll drag my PC to the Geek guys when I get around to it.  Since I can access and print the schematics, it isn't as high a priority getting it checked out than if I were limited to only my laptop.

Thanks for the advice, everyone.  No, I don't have the site bookmarked, so no issues there.

• Like 1