Laundry Soap

Carnevale

We will be on the Ruby in April and will need to do some laundry.  Is bringing one’s own soap allowed?  If so, does it matter if we bring liquid or powdered soap?   If not, do Princess ships have any scent free soap options?  I ask as due to allergies I do much better with unscented soaps.  Thanks!

We too use unscented laundry detergent.You can bring your own soap, liquid or powder. We have done so in the past on several cruises. Our dermatologist gave us individual packets of liquid unscented laundry detergent for one of our cruises. I don't know if those packets can be purchased as well. We have also brought powdered laundry detergent in a zip loc bag to use. I don't know what selection Princess has on board.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Potstech said:

We bring the 3 in 1 Purex sheets that we bought several years ago.  Hard to find now.  Would bring some of the laundry pods if I wanted to do laundry on a cruise.

I have some of those saved too from years ago I only use them when I cruise.

I bring my own, unscented.  Arm & Hammer liquid, doesn't take much for a load.  I put it in a plastic bag I have for liquids in my carry on.  I have those 3 oz. travel containers you can buy, labeled with a marker, works for me.  I bring my shampoo, too.  I take long cruises, usually 20+ days, want my own toiletries.

Posts lately about liquid soap containers, I travel with my soap.  One for shower, one for counter.  My container (old) is like a soap dish.  Their bottles will go on the shelf.  I tell the room steward I bring my own, not that they would take it out, just in case.

Edited by susancruzs

On 2/22/2020 at 6:37 PM, Potstech said:

We bring the 3 in 1 Purex sheets that we bought several years ago.  Hard to find now.  Would bring some of the laundry pods if I wanted to do laundry on a cruise.

I've ordered these from Amazon and really like them. They aren't Purex but work really well. They are also avaiable in unscented. Sorry for the gigantic link (and I hope it works!).

https://www.amazon.com/WashEZE-Laundry-Detergent-Individual-Efficient/dp/B00C2WAX5G/ref=pd_rhf_ee_s_rp_c_0_1/131-5371485-3311354?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00C2WAX5G&pd_rd_r=0cbab122-8335-42ed-b792-a6cf4c4c981c&pd_rd_w=xjQOf&pd_rd_wg=8L2G3&pf_rd_p=0946130b-642c-4183-a88a-a384a499f7a7&pf_rd_r=JHRPJ6R0DT52N3M1X0DM&psc=1&refRID=JHRPJ6R0DT52N3M1X0DM

Edited to add: the link works.

Edited by mammajamma2013
Add a comment

On 2/22/2020 at 5:37 PM, Potstech said:

I use these Purex sheets, too.  They are great!  I bought a large supply, and since some of the loads are just small undie loads, I cut a bunch of the sheets in half and use them in the extra small loads.  What I like is the fabric softener is built in.

They are sold cheaper on Ebay than Amazon.

We always bring gel pods of scent free detergent. I'm allergic to most types of detergent and most types of scent. (Dryer sheets are evil. If one is being used in the neighborhood I stay inside as much as possible.) It's so easy to bring your own - just make sure they are in something sealed in case of accidents.