Any recommendations for an October cruise?

Saintbrice

I last went on a cruise in 1987, when I won it. so I'm a newbie really.  OH and I would like to try one in October, but where is the best place to go, can anyone recommend?  Most of them seem to go to Greece, but is there anywhere else in Europe to cruise to then?  We are active retired so not limited to time, although we'd probably murder each other if we went for two weeks, so shorter than that would be our hope.  Any ideas? - thank you x.

Thanks Evandbob - we could sail from Southampton, although Amsterdam, Barcelona and ports in Southern France are options as we live in France and could fly there.  We are keen on Scandinavia but wondered if they stopped in September because of the cold.  Any chance you could give me a link to the one you mention?

3 hours ago, Saintbrice said:

Thanks Evandbob - we could sail from Southampton, although Amsterdam, Barcelona and ports in Southern France are options as we live in France and could fly there.  We are keen on Scandinavia but wondered if they stopped in September because of the cold.  Any chance you could give me a link to the one you mention?

I haven't checked to see if cruises are still going to Scandinavia, but we were on a Fred Olsen cruise once to Norway towards the end of Sept, and a guide said we were one of the last four ships there before the season ended.

There's always Hurtigruten, and I think Viking visit all year round.

1 hour ago, jocap said:

I haven't checked to see if cruises are still going to Scandinavia, but we were on a Fred Olsen cruise once to Norway towards the end of Sept, and a guide said we were one of the last four ships there before the season ended.

There's always Hurtigruten, and I think Viking visit all year round.

Brilliant thank you.

10 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

We are retired and have Allure of the Seas booked for Oct. sailing from Barcelona. We have become lovers of the mega ships and ports are secondary. 

10 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

We are retired and have Allure of the Seas booked for Oct. sailing from Barcelona. We have become lovers of the mega ships and ports are secondary. 

They do look fabulous x

21 hours ago, Saintbrice said:

OOPS! No October Scandinavian cruises on most main stream cruise lines.   But NCL has 9 and 10 day sailings in the Baltics  https://www.ncl.com/cruises-to/baltic-cruises?cid=PS_TSI_GENERIC_GEN_GOO-g_LEN_SRH___416893417648_dsa-19959388920:ext-&kshid=_k_CjwKCAiAy9jyBRA6EiwAeclQhK_CEuN-m45LBCu7kTizXDKqZJn6mW7FmuXkynIaKnL1DQcqCb-3IRoCiTsQAvD_BwE_k_&anchor=&gclid=CjwKCAiAy9jyBRA6EiwAeclQhK_CEuN-m45LBCu7kTizXDKqZJn6mW7FmuXkynIaKnL1DQcqCb-3IRoCiTsQAvD_BwE

P&O's brand new ship Iona is visiting Norway throughout September; Fred Olsen is going then, and P&O, Cunard, CVM and Marella are all there in October.

I chose Stavanger port and looked for arrivals in Sept and Oct.

Edited by jocap
Addition

I want to suggest something different.  Last year, on November 7 we went on a Danube river cruise on Crystal River Cruises.  It was AMAZING and I think, given the current situation with Covid-19 this might be a really great choice for you as the ships are smaller, therefore fewer passengers and crew.  These ships are all inclusive (all meals, all beverages and almost all tours) and you eat with whoever you like when you like. My husband and I generally dined together at a table for 2.  The food was the best we've ever had on a cruise.  If you have not done a river cruise or sailed on the Danube, I highly recommend it.  It's just a fabulous experience.

• Like 1